Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Same 6 year old daughter as mentioned a little earlier, wouldnt eat her weetabix for me the other morning. I asked her why, and she said 'because Weetabix is my arch nemesis'.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Oryx wrote: »
    Same 6 year old daughter as mentioned a little earlier, wouldnt eat her weetabix for me the other morning. I asked her why, and she said 'because Weetabix is my arch nemesis'.

Your daughter is a little hero!! Thats amazing! :D

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

hacked wrote: »
    Your daughter is a little hero!! Thats amazing! :D
    She does make me smile but more often go slack jawed and think wtf? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 emma_bundoran

I was making cranberry infused vodka for christmas hampers and my 7 y/o asked what I was making. I said "Cranberry vodka", he said "noh, i'm ok". I don't believe I was offering... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

My 10 y/o grandson at my house for his birthday ( i always cook a meal for everyones birthday) refering to his asshole father who has'nt bothered to keep in contact for 8 yrs. in conversasion with with his uncle says, hey mam what's name, who she says, he says you know yer man, she says who, he says my dad. I'm too pissed to continue but you get the drift.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 emma_bundoran

aujopimur wrote: »
    My 10 y/o grandson at my house for his birthday ( i always cook a meal for everyones birthday) refering to his asshole father who has'nt bothered to keep in contact for 8 yrs. in conversasion with with his uncle says, hey mam what's name, who she says, he says you know yer man, she says who, he says my dad. I'm too pissed to continue but you get the drift.

i dont know if im laughing more at your grandson or you but i really did just Laugh Out Loud :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

One of the Orionettes got glasses yesterday. She is constantly wearing them - proud as punch. Sitting watching TV earlier she kept lifting them up and back down to compare vision.

She looks as cute as a button in them too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Can we get her over to teach my three year old a lesson in wearing glasses? We're going to order her new ones today...

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭stephen_k

So the Little Fella has started to play with his food at dinner time, he insists on putting his food into his drink, which of course we try and get him to stop doing, the other day he turned around to me, when I was repremanding him for doing this and said....

"Stoppit Daddy, stoppit Daddy, stoppit Daddy *holding out his hand at me* STOPPIT..... DAAAAADDDDY..... Eat your dinner!!!!!"

He's 2!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

stephen_k wrote: »
    So the Little Fella has started to play with his food at dinner time, he insists on putting his food into his drink, which of course we try and get him to stop doing, the other day he turned around to me, when I was repremanding him for doing this and said....

"Stoppit Daddy, stoppit Daddy, stoppit Daddy *holding out his hand at me* STOPPIT..... DAAAAADDDDY..... Eat your dinner!!!!!"

He's 2!!!

We have the same problem!

We asked the creche what they do and they give the drinks after the dinner. Seems to work.

My little guy has a new thing he does, if something amuses him he'll laugh then say "ahhh! Funnen!"

Same age as your fella.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭stephen_k

Das Kitty wrote: »
    We have the same problem!

We asked the creche what they do and they give the drinks after the dinner. Seems to work.

Tried that :D, but he just keeps badgering us for "more juice, more juice, more juice, more juice......." Kids huh, who'd have 'em????

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

two boys - 3 years old (4 in 2 weeks) and 1 (2 in Feb)....
    read them Christmas story at bedtime last night. I obviously need practice, was dragged out of bed at 5 this morning to see if Santa came.

After explaining and making breakfast (no getting them back to bed), they proceeded to sit looking out the window wide-eyed for the binman to come, as they are never up when bins get emptied.

He must of got a shock about 7 when 2 kids started banging on the window and screaming out at him....

the excitement for them, so happy, who need Santa when you have a binman :)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Absentmindedly singing Jessie J's Pricetag. (Stupid monopoly ad has it stuck in my head!!) And the little lady (20 months) keeps proudly grinning at me and singing "Money money money!" Over and over :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

My 1 year old strutting around the sitting room wearing two rolls of sellotape as bracelets :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Cillian (5) has decided he's starting a band, its called 'Metal Wolf' and will play, I'm reliably informed, 'rough music'.:eek:
    He's already decided on his look; black jeans, chain necklaces, headband and a sleeveless jacket over a bare chest.
    I couldn't find the camera quick enough to get a pic before he got embarrassed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

I was working out in the little lad's room (I use his room when he's in school as we have no room anywhere else) but today he was here and he just watched me, not really saying anything. (He's 5 btw) Anyway, I ran downstairs to get a drink and went back up into the room.....to see him lying on the workout bench, holding a ruler with his two hands, and he was "bench pressing" the ruler, huffing and puffing as he was doing it. :pac: I asked what he was at and he just said "I want to be big like you Dad" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

my nephew 2.5 has decided what he is going to be when he grows up ... Santa Claus ;-)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I was informed this morning whilst 'helping' my 6yr old getting dressed for school that he would like a flatscreen HD tv for xmas - wouldn't we all:D
    Think he might have been watching a bit too much tv this weekend:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

My 2.5 year old yesterday said "like a cuddle?"

made mummy cry i tell ya... ;-)

I asked my 3yo niece if santa would leave the toys under the tree, she replied, no, he'll leave them outside " stranger danger".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

aujopimur wrote: »
    I asked my 3yo niece if santa would leave the toys under the tree, she replied, no, he'll leave them outside " stranger danger".

Ha ha - my little fella (aged 2) says Santa is coming to the gate with a box - but that's all - he's not allowed into the house!

And yesterday we were in the Toy Shop and he was picking up different trains from the Thomas section - next thing he comes out with: "who's this fella?" :D I laughed out loud in the shop!

• Administrators Posts: 14,051 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

My shadow (3 year old son!) trying to convince me on his first day in playschool that I had to stay with him because if I didn't, I'd be on my own!!

• Administrators Posts: 14,051 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

lynski wrote: »
    my nephew 2.5 has decided what he is going to be when he grows up ... Santa Claus ;-)

My 6 year old has decided that too!! "Just to give Santy and the elves a break". He's currently recruiting 'elves' to help make the toys when the time comes!

So innocent!

Edit: It just dawned on me - a few months ago he was deciding what job he wanted when he grew up. And he decided "every job". He would do everybody's job when they are sick or on holidays. So that's obviously where he's coming from giving Santy & the Elves a holiday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

My (almost 3 year old) niece was over visiting. I rarely get to see her as she lives in Cyprus, but she comes out with some cracking statements.

I gave her a foam frisbee that I picked up from work and demonstrated how to throw it. Immediately, she shouted "Not in the house! Not in the house!"

The day before I gave her one of those splat pig toys, and we told her to 'go gently' with it or it would burst. So she now slowly stands on it instead of jumping on it full force. Still hasn't burst!

FYI...great little toys if you've never seen them and really cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

Two and a half old toddler was lying on her bed the other day beside her 7 week old sister having a lovely cuddle. When she was finished and I was lifting the baby I was told be 'be careful with the baby'. She must have heard that phrase a bit recently!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

Mini rose (3) has a bad case of conjunctivitis and an ear infection. As you can inagine there is A LOT of resistance when it comes to putting his eye ointment on 4 times a day :(.

Each times there's tears and cajoling until it's done with big celebrations from me. This last time after I put the cream in his eye he shouts out- 'Yea mammy you did it! Well done! Good girl! Now do the other eye.' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MaxCharlie

My husband was on the phone tonight to our 5 year old daughter wishing her a good nights sleep and mentioned to her that he bought her a small surprise - she thought for a second and responded - how small ? And he said small and she then asked ."how many meters"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

walked in to my 12 year old daughter's room to find her in bed with her 2 little brothers, all wrapped round each other, fast asleep on the single bed...... heart melting moment of family love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

My 7 week old son smiled at me this morning and then had a tiny giggle it was the cutest thing ever! and he is only 7 weeks old!

• Advertisement

My 10y/o grandson asked,
    what are you cooking for dinner grandad, I told hiim chicked and roast spuds, his reply was, are those the burned ones.

Advertisement