Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

I spent a fortune on a set of really nice make up brushes that i had been saving for after Christmas, and naturally with a toddler, I'm quite careful with them as the little munch is prone to destroying my make up in a second. Was quickly applying a little bit of foundation this morning and i knocked the whole bag over, brushes and bottles flying everywhere.

"Ah damn." I muttered.

I hear a little voice behind me "Ah dam! Ah dam!"

I quickly correct myself "Oh no! oh dear!"

Little voice, joyfully behind me "Ah damn! Oh no! oh dear! Oh dam!"

:o At least it was only damn!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

My 15 month old playing with the musical santa that terrified him last week. Now he turns it on and moves with the music :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I'm afraid to consider what made my 4 year old ask such a question..
    Here it is...
    'Mammy did I come out of your belly or out of your bottom'

Thankfully he was a section baby so I quickly replied 'Belly' he seemed happy about it.

Later in the day Husband insisted on watching corrie, 4year old asked why the 2 girls (Sian and Sophie) were so sad.... I said that they were sad cos their holiday was cancelled..... and took 4yo off to bed, before any more questions arose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

8yo twins singing along with Jessie J's Price Tag and then up bopping around the room to Imelda May during Hootenanny. Classic moments :D

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Leafonthewind

My three-year-old daughter has had a runny nose for the past few days. The skin under her nose is red and definitely painful because she just said her mustache hurts. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

3yr old daughter is all questions about Santa, why does he use the chimney? Why are chimneys so small and why are they not big like Santa? How does he get into our house when we have no chimney? Why cant he use the front door in all houses so? She is 3! Wtf will she be like next yr?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭Miaireland

No my children but a friends.

She was having problems with her kids barging into the loo with her at home all the time (with their friends if the were visiting). So she explained that she prefered going to the loo on her own when she was at home as she didn't like people looking at her bottom.

Meet them for lunch over Christmas and we were seated next to the doorway for the hall leading to the loo. My friend went in leaving me watching over the kids. A lady went to enter the loo. Little girl screams out on the top of her voice "stop you can't go in there, you will see my Mummy's bottom, only Daddy can look at that". Whole place fell about laughing.

Poor friend comes out daughter goes up to her and announces to my friend. " i told this lady all about your bottom". Poor friend still hasn't got over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

My 6yo year old son has just asked

"How many days till Christmas" :eek::D

Is it going to be a long year? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

*No, Nate, you can't have any more sweets!*

*Do you want me to DIE, do YOU?!*

*No one will die from a lack of sweets!*

*Yes, I will! My brain only works with sweets because I am like a bee!*

7 yro..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

"Look at my cock!" shouted my delighted 4 year old as he put the finishing touches to a fine reproduction of a rooster.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Mammy - Did you have a good day in School today?
    My just gone 3 year old - Well yes mammy, but Aaron wouldn't marry me.

hehehehehe

Her mammy,godmother and Aunt all have weddings soon:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

"Look at my cock!" shouted my delighted 4 year old as he put the finishing touches to a fine reproduction of a rooster.
    I think this is one of the most inappropriate place to reply with "Pics or GTFO".

Edit: I AM talking about pics of the rooster!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

6 year old " mom, I want to be a genius when im older and make sharpe cars".

I have no idea what a sharpe car is.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

I was chatting to my 4yr old about what he wants to be when he grows up, listing the careers that little boys usually cling onto, policeman, astronaut, fireman, chef, working with computers like his Daddy. He replied that he wants to be an ESB worker so he can go to work with his Grandad everyday and mind him because he has a sore back.....i had to choke back the tears as I told him that it was a lovely idea and I was so very proud of him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

My little girl has learned to say the word 'Frog' but unfortunately it comes out as a very clear "F**k!" I have to say it amuses me no end.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭stephen_k

Little fella was pulling a small suitcase we had in the hall, I asked him where are you going... Looked up at me and without hesitation, like I'd asked a stupid question, he said London!! He's 2!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

Brought my 3yo son to speech therapy. There he decided to tell the therapist that 'mammy likes to say bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger ' :o (Thank God he can't pronounce his f's)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

30 month-old says to 14 month-old who follows her everywhere: “Now Liam, I’m goin in der to do a poo poo. You stay here coz der’ll be an awful smell.”

“…an’ Miss Carroll sed dat Noah bilt diss hewje boat and put millions of aminals in it and day went sailin’ for ajiz an ajiz but after ajiz an ajiz day had to stop coz coz…….der was prolabby an awful smell.”

“Do YOOO reely change nappies??? Only mammy changes my nappy coz only mammies like the smell”

Modern youth seems to have quite a limited sphere of interest!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Please dont judge me too harshly for this story:rolleyes:

My 4 yead old boy and his 1.5yr old sister were playing, having a fantastic time in their tent in the hall.
    He came up to kitchen for a drink and I asked how they were getting on.
    He gleefully replied that they were having a great time, messing and boll*xing in the tent.
    i looked and himHORRIFIED and said you know not to use that word, and he replied but Daddy always tells us to stop all that messing and bollo*ing :mad:
    Lets just say marital releations have hit a new low!!!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

On the way to the creche last week my 3-year-old spotted a lady walking an Alsatian. He says "Daddy, that doggie is wearing wolf-ears. His Mommy thinks it's Halloween"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

my son, 5, and daughter, 3, were talking over breakfast about how Daleks and Cybermen wanted to 'take over the world' and were always fighting, my daughter said that the bad guys were not good at sharing and she would prefer a world where there were lots of upsy daisies so no fighting just sharing.
    Off they ran after breakfast to play transformers, at my daughters insistence, and she also decided she wanted to be a 'bad guy'; so rumble and megatron charged around the house trying to exterminate everything.
    Oh happy nerd days ahead ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

From Star Wars to Ancient Egypt. Cillian now has a fascination with Mummies and I was informed this morning over breakfast;
    'Mammy, do you know that that Mummies have their brains pulled out their nose and put in a pot for God'

That was quite enough porridge for me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

‎*Mum,MUM - I finally know how babies get into bellies!*
    Oh great, I think, here we go, about 5 years too early....
    *They are in the good food Mums eat! Like salad and stuff men don't eat!*

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

One night just before bed my nearly 3 year old daughter was asking for a biscuit, I told her that she couldn't have one that there were monsters in the biscuit tin at that time of the evening! Off she goes, takes a biscuit out and says 'thank you monsters!'. You cant be up to her! It was my birthday yesterday, when I collected her from creche she'd obviously told her minder because I was presented with a card and a muffin! Smiled for the evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

About twice a day this happens, my daughter says milk bottle please daddy, I say no bother, she says warm please, I say no bother, I come back with the bottle of milk and hand it to her, she says good girl daddy, and she means it, it's not like a joke to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Quotes from this morning (she is 2 and a half):
    Me: "Come on we'll get Teddy some toast."
    her: "No mom, Teddy can't eat toast, he has no mouth!"

Me: (to the toast in the toaster) " Come on toast, pop!"
    her:"No Mom, toast can't hear you, it has no ears, its in the toaster!"

My 6 years old was asking how babies got out of bellies, (this was in the car) i said i would tell him later but his 5 year old brother pops up ' i know, through the belly button' the 6 year old goes ahhh.

Left that discussion for another day.

5 year old gave himself a haircut,

chopped of the front 3 inches right down to 1/2 a centimeter, his supposed to be a rock star in his school play on Tuesday and now i cant spike his hair and spray it different colours, his going to be a skin head instead :(

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

Chased his sister around all day chopping her head off

IMG_7779.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

My youngfella got offered a job in the playcentre today because he was so good helping out with the kids at my 5 year olds party.

*proud*
    5 year old gave himself a haircut

I did this as a gift for my parents for easter when I was 4. I couldn't see the mirror, so I was jumping up to take a swipe with the scissors each time I cut some. :D I still remember the lady in the hairdressers asking me if I'd cut my hair myself and wondering how she knew! :D

Advertisement