Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 FidoFly

Son: Those chips are extremely salty after sugaring

Me: Please stop following me like that!!!
    SON: I am not following you, you are walking in front of me

My son to his mother: How good to lie with my mom. Mom is so cozy ...

Son: Mum, can I go with you?
    Mother: Yes.
    Son: But, where are you going?

SON: I will never smoke a cigarette because you are poisoning everybody around you, and because I don't know which side you need to light. If you light the wrong side it could explode.

And keep it that way :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

There is already a thread on this page with the same purpose:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055676144

I have bought myself a bar of chocolate.
    Me: WOW this is nice.
    Son: What, with alcohol?

There is already a thread on this page with the same purpose:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055676144

Sorry, I am new on boards. I was looking for it but could not find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

FidoFly wrote: »
    I was coming back from school with my 1st grader.
    SON: Daddy, do you know that I can dance in foreign language?
    Me: Yes? A how to dance in a foreign language?
    SON: Well, the dance... Something, something, French... :)
    Are you American?

Daughter: I am afraid of that dog.
    Mother: Don't mind him he's harmless.

Daughter runs over to her mother and says "mom harmless was chasing me"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

FidoFly wrote: »
    Please post things, that your amazing child did or said what makes you laugh in everyday living.

Moved to What your child did/said that made you smile today thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

I am very immature so couldn't help laughing when my 3 and a half year old girl wanted raspberry nipple ice cream for her pudding after dinner !

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭ecaf

My 2 year son turns around to me holding a little cup with diluted sterilising fluid for his dodi and says "No like that!"
    Me: You didn't drink some of that did you?
    Him: (Innocent with drips of it on his chin) No!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

My 5 yr old boy had Halloween disco last night . HusbAnd had training so I had to bring 2.5yr old girl with me . I expected her to be over awed by noise dark etc . Nope not a bother on her and he was stuck to my knee. He got into it after a while and then I spotted her on the floor with the others doing rock the boat like a pro.
    I showed her dad the video clip after, he has plans for the snake filled moat already to keep her in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭positron

My daughter is 20 months old and she runs into the master bedroom yesterday morning as I was getting changed to go to work. She immediately notices all the man bits, and had that half confused, half funny face not knowing what to make of it, and I was like "ah, no big deal, it's just dady's bits, you have bits too, so does mamy, everyone has their own bits" etc, and she seems to understand, and repeats "bits2 a few times and walks out of the room, minding her own business.

This morning she catches me naked again and shouts "NUTS".. "NUTS".. "NUTS"....

And the wife looks at me like "WTF are you teaching her?" expression.

/double facepalm

We usually tell "don't let the bed bugs bite your bum bum" as she goes to bed, but tonight I said "tell those bugs to .... go away" - she loves saying that (from the rhyme, "rain, rain, go away.."). However, once she got onto her bed, she wouldn't lie down for nearly an half an hour as she kept looking all over for 'bugs' and trying get them to 'go away'. I didn't know just a simple comment could have such an impact on her.. I got to be careful in future..!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

My son told me last night that his penis has gone on holiday to Africa.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Myself and my five year son bumped into my auntie Bridget in the local shopping centre and she bought him a tons of sweets after saying goodbye and leaving he said to me " Mammy your auntie Widget is the kindest lady i've ever met maybe she could show you how to buy sweets like that" :D:D:D

My two year old nephew is an absolute scream he is way beyond his years and he said to me the other day " You just wouldn't belive it" What wouldn't I beleive? .......... " IT!!!"

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

He decided that tonight was the night he was throwing his dodie in the bin because he's a big boy. (2 and a half)

I waited for him to come looking for it and he emerged from his room five minutes later with his teddy. I was getting ready to let him have it back and he stands looking at me, all grumpy and says, "Mama, turn off that light!" and stomped off back to his room.

Haven't heard a peep since!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

We had our 17month old daughter over in the playground the other day and a lovely old man was with his grand daughter and was talking to our little one saying how smiley she was etc, we were off playing then on the swings and down the slide and she wound her way back over to him and said "Ah there ya are!"
    One of her first sentences and it really made me laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

My 8 year old has sang herself to sleep for the last few nights, and sang her socks off in the bath tonight... Shes a happy bunny and so is her mammy!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

What I was trying to get: a video of her making goo-goo sounds

What I actually got: a video of her smiling face as she, rather noisily, filled a fresh nappy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

My three year old started playing tricks on me this week. First she sneaked in and stole my clothes when I was the shower then the next morning when I got to work and looked for my spare t-shirt I found she'd replaced it with her brother's pyjama top.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭positron

positron wrote: »
    My daughter is 20 months old and she runs into the master bedroom yesterday morning as I was getting changed to go to work. She immediately notices all the man bits, and had that half confused, half funny face not knowing what to make of it, and I was like "ah, no big deal, it's just dady's bits, you have bits too, so does mamy, everyone has their own bits" etc, and she seems to understand, and repeats "bits2 a few times and walks out of the room, minding her own business.

This morning she catches me naked again and shouts "NUTS".. "NUTS".. "NUTS"....

And the wife looks at me like "WTF are you teaching her?" expression.

/double facepalm

We usually tell "don't let the bed bugs bite your bum bum" as she goes to bed, but tonight I said "tell those bugs to .... go away" - she loves saying that (from the rhyme, "rain, rain, go away.."). However, once she got onto her bed, she wouldn't lie down for nearly an half an hour as she kept looking all over for 'bugs' and trying get them to 'go away'. I didn't know just a simple comment could have such an impact on her.. I got to be careful in future..!

Update: She was saying KNOTS not NUTS. Only dawned on me today hearing her shouting it again - she was getting the hair done and her mother had told her she has knots in her hair and she's tell me KNOTS KNOTS... :o:o

I lifted her out of ther swing yesterday and as usual, was talking to her as I did it

As I lifted her she put her hand squarely over my mouth, yawned, farted and lay her head over her hand as if to make sure to shut me up. She gave a me a look as if to say 'Oh mama please, please stop with this constant chatter, it's boring me'

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

Four weeks ago my 2nd son was born 26 weeks premature. We got family from Australia looking at photos and while all the women were gooing over photos of him my 2nd son whispers to his uncle. " I think mammys been kissing an alien because my brother looks like an alien." His uncle could'nt stop laughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

My 2 year old just stuck her head into a buttered slice of toast and said.. Mmmmm.. I'm smells nice....

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭skyfall2012

My 5 year old told my husband that she wants a leap pad for Christmas (€100 worth!). So my husband said ,'Aaah, we will have to see what Santa thinks', my 5 y/o says, 'but Dad you OWNNNN me, YOU decide not Santa!'. She knows how weak her Dad is to her demands, lucky I am here to keep him strong:)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Brushed her teeth holding the toothbrush with her foot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Since starting junior infants mornings with the little one are a nightmare so last night I asked her to please do as I say when she wakes up. So this morning I said her name once and she bolts up and gets out of bed and did everything I asked straight away! We were both early today! :) I was so impressed and could not stop praising her!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

This is something that made me smile.....

My six year old daughter and I were doing some Christmas shopping yesterday. We went to Smyths Toys to purchase a toy for the SVP toy appeal, it's something we have been doing since my daughter was a baby.

My daughter picked out a baby doll with accessories for the toy appeal and I started to make my way to the checkout but she stopped me and said: "Mammy, we have to get a present for a little boy too, it wouldn't be very fair if a girl gets a present and a boy doesn't". She ended up selecting a little train set as her boy's present.

We dropped the toys off at our local Super Valu today and I was pleased that she persuaded me to get the second gift :)

• Advertisement

Not mine but I was in Mothercare yesterday and there was a little boy walking around with his Dad.

He went over to a manequin of a little girl and gave her a huge hug and a kiss and took hre hand to try and bring her with him. His Dad was trying to explain that he couldn't bring her with him so he gave her a huge kiss goodbye and stroked her face

Made me smile all day

Advertisement