Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    There's an ad on the tv lately for one of the financial institutions about what people are saving up for, and my 8 year old son very seriously replies to the tv: "my first car".
    My god, talk about planning for your future!

Have seen that ad my daughter shouts disneyland and son a digger so funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭ifElseThen

Reading 3 little pigs to my 3 yr old son and 17 month old daughter...She waddles to the window, looks out and says "No wolf"
    3 year old son fills in the blanks when I warble the theme tune to The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭ifElseThen

We were in Tayto Park last weekend. So our 3 year old's favourite story, Jack & The Beanstalk, now has to be told as Mr Tayto and the Beanstalk. He insists I call the mother "Mammy Potato" and the old stranger "Old Potato"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

my 6 yr old nephew ran around the garden blissfully unaware that his home-made plane was constructed from a big blue tampon box.

:)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Sadderday wrote: »
    my 6 yr old nephew ran around the garden blissfully unaware that his home-made plane was constructed from a big blue tampon box.

:)

Did it have little white mice as passengers?

:P

My 3 year old was hiding out under our bed this morning "being a rat". Any time I looked under he hissed and bore his front teeth. Pretty convincing.

Then out of the blue when I was brushing my teeth he started whingeing from beneath the bed about how he doesn't want the police to "come into this house."

There's a joke in there somewhere about rats and the gardai that I can't quite get a hold of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Did it have little white mice as passengers?

:P

:) hes a bit of a mad one,

He keeps quoting the italian job made in the 60s... every so often he'll say
    'you're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off'

at bedtime, he says 'ain't nobody got time for that'

he lived in the USA for a few yrs, the kids channel there switched to adult cartoons like family guy or american dad at about 7pm...

So while on an escalator in a mall in the US, his mother tries to get him up the escalator and he stops dead and shouts at the top of his voice...

'no, you can suck your own boobies'

mortified and tv banned after 7pm

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Playing a game where I give the first letter and they have to name a food beginning with that letter.

Me: G
    Littlest: Giraffe
    Me: It begins with G but we can't eat a giraffe
    Littlest: Yes you can. You cut it up into pieces this size (makes a 30cm diameter circle with hands) and that makes crepes.

My 3 yr old came to me aftr doing his wee all puzzled and said mum my willys bigger today its gone huge i nearly died tried not to laugh was hard not too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

I had a reminder to myself written on my hand. My 2 year old started babbling and pointing when she saw it and went running out of the room. I didn't know what she was up to until she came back with a towel and tried to wipe my hand clean. Very cute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

My niece was out the back with her grandad when he called in to me to ask the score of the rugby match. I shouted out it's 16-12 to Munster and she starts screaming "Monster! Monster! We have to run away" and started running in circles and running into the bushes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

My almost 2.5 year old got her first birthday invitation in the post today, she hasn't let it out of her hand or stopped talking about it since. It's very cute but It's going to be a long week until Tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

My daughter is 9days old and we are having great fun watching all the facial expressions. The "smiles" which aren't really smiles but I pretend they are, the fierce concentration when a poop is coming and the wide eyed, mouth in the O shape expression when she is awake and alert and just looking around.

Her daddy spends his time stealing kisses and I am in serious danger of eating this babies cheeks and just gobbling her up in general, so in love.

Digs wrote: »
    My daughter is 9days old and we are having great fun watching all the facial expressions. The "smiles" which aren't really smiles but I pretend they are, the fierce concentration when a poop is coming and the wide eyed, mouth in the O shape expression when she is awake and alert and just looking around.

Her daddy spends his time stealing kisses and I am in serious danger of eating this babies cheeks and just gobbling her up in general, so in love.

How sweet :) best time of our lives!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,098 ✭✭✭✭beertons

She's an hour old here. 13 days over too. Born at 2004 last night, home by 1500 today. The Coombe was bloody packed!

0F97F67A971D4E87A98FFE78FD6283F1-0000324795-0003237123-00800L-2A6CE60BAC5E4388BC7B891934705DC3.jpg

• Administrators Posts: 14,058 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

The 4 year old and the 5 year old coming up the stairs at 8:30am.... The 5 year old says: "Will you ask her? Because you're always the one that gets given out to"!

I thought she was going to say, "You're always the one that gets what you want".

(She waited outside the door, while he asked.. out of the way of the 'giving out'!)

They were looking for ice-pops!!

Also, the 7 year old has been very sick with a stomach bug the last few nights. Last night, after another bout into 'the bowl', just as he was starting to fall back asleep he said "I just love you so much. I don't even know what to say about you".

That makes the sleepless nights and the cleaning up that bit easier... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Had a bad two weeks of a vomiting bug here and now the wee man has decided that he wants to be toilet-trained. Suffice to say, I'm really sick of cleaning up bodily fluids from furniture at this stage!

Yesterday, when I went into the sitting-room, I found him looking guiltily at a stain on the carpet. Trying my best not to sound too cross, I said "oh, have you made a mess?". The reply? Arms out by his sides: "it's only pee mammy, it's only pee" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

"it's only pee mammy, it's only pee" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thank God, for small mercies!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Two year old lady ... Mammy put on Handy Manny.

We've none recorded and its not on TV now..

On Demand.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

beertons wrote: »
    She's an hour old here. 13 days over too. Born at 2004 last night, home by 1500 today. The Coombe was bloody packed!

Congrats she is an absolute beaut!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭spud65

my 8yr old sent me a text on her mothers phone

dad can you have a word with your big princess (16) to stop calling your little princess a female dog.

whats a female dog

you know what it is dad i am not going to spell it

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,098 ✭✭✭✭beertons

19 month old dropping soothers into the new borns cot, that's cute.
    Also, it's nice to see him mature around the baby. A week ago, we feared for the worst. He does a little dance now every time he see's her face.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Trotter wrote: »
    Two year old lady ... Mammy put on Handy Manny.

We've none recorded and its not on TV now..

On Demand.....?

Gas, I get the same! Imagine, back in the day we had to wait for a programme to come on. My wee man cannot understand why everything isn't on demand!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

My 4yr old daughter decided to ask me some questions about marriage, 'do you love daddy' 'do you think he is...ah..ah hand some' 'does he think you are pretty' (yes, very and you better ask him) 'will i get married when I grow up' (i hope you do, i hope you meet someone you love and are very happy) 'and i could meet a man or a lady that i love and marry them, can't I mommy?' (why yes darling you can)
    long may it last

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭iCosmopolis

My 16 month old decided to eat everything yesterday, including a huge biryani before bed (normally picky) and woke up with a nappy bomb. She woke me by shoving a clean nappy and packet of wipes into my face this morning:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Gas, I get the same! Imagine, back in the day we had to wait for a programme to come on. My wee man cannot understand why everything isn't on demand!

My 2 year old was kicking up murder a couple of weeks back. When I went in to the room to find out what was wrong, it turned out that The Simpsons had gone on a break for ads and she wanted my Mam to put them back on. She's lucky we're not in the States - she'd go nuts if there were ads every 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Putting my 13 month old to bed last night. Usually routine pjs and in to cot while i read story then lights out and i say night night and kiss my hand and touch her cheek ( cant leave in to give her a kiss as shes too far down) but last night when i done this she replied "nigh nigh" . Was so cute i ssid yes night night she replies nigh nigh nigh and giggled. When i went down stairs i could hear her practicing through the monitor nigh nigh nigh.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

3 year old goes hiding under the bed in the spare room from time to time. I was getting ready this morning and started to make little puppy dog sounds for the laugh to see what he'd do.

Him: "Hello little doggie. Do you want to play with me under the bed? I promise I won't chop you up!"

My imaginary puppy started whimpering in fear and no number of "I'm a good guy!" pleading from under the bed could calm him.

(Actually, after typing that up I think it's clear where he gets it from...)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

My daughter was dressed up for a night out, her 12 y.o. sons friend called for him, she explained he gone away with the scouts for the w/e.
    He returned a few minutes later and shyly said, "you look really pretty, please don't tell anyone I said it".

Didn't make me smile... but....

I collected my 4 year old and his friend from playschool. The 2 of them were playing together in our house when my fella said to her "You smell of smoke".

She lives in a house with 3 smoking adults, and this was after 3 hours in playschool.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

My 3yr old girl was showing signs of being very scared of spiders, worms flies
    etc
    So lately I've been telling her that there is nothing to be scared of usual stuff

Today in doctors waiti g room she turned to me and said 'I saw a worm in my room, I wasn't scared'
    Me : ' that's great '
    Her :' I killed it, he's dead now'

Cue much nervous laughter from other patients .

Advertisement