Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

MrsD007 wrote: »
    My father in law appeared in a TV programme over a year ago and the programme was stored in our Sky+ planner until today.

My 7 year old: "Mam, I hope you don't mind I had to delete Grandad as I needed to record Scooby Doo's halloween movie".

Her Grandad wouldn't be too impressed if he found out that he had been deleted in favour of a Scooby Doo movie but I thought it was funny how ruthless she could be :D:D:D
    Obviously has her priorities right:D

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

My 21 month old started on staurday saying
    Daddy what are you doin, or what you doin daddy. Also Where are you daddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

My little girl woke up up at 5.20 this morning bouncing on top of me on the bed. I've never seen her so excited!

"Mama it's Halloween, it's Halloween, can I dress up now? When is it time to go out? It's Halloween!"

We were in a garden last night for Trick Or Treating and my neighbour says to my 2 1/2 year old arent you gorgeous.My 5 1/2 says to her,what bout me am i not gorgeous as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Whenever she gets the soother in her mouth, she starts having a grand old conversation with herself going "gulla gulla gulla" and "galick galick galick" so I walk around the house with her now going "gulla gulla gulla galick galick galick"!

Oh and she's also starting to put said soother in her mouth by herself :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

My 3 year old said today "what's the finger on my brothers bum called?" Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭gemini_girl

I asked my 2 yr old son today if he would like to have another brother or a sister & after thinking for a moment he answered "Buzz Lightyear" :D He has high expectations lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

As I admonished my 4 yr old for some bad behavior, my two yr old today ran to his bedroom and got his 'sting' sword and charged into the living room shouting to leave his sister alone. He even stopped to hit the button for the light so that it glowed blue for extra effect.
    Myself and the 6 yr old were on our knees laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I was shopping this afternoon with my seven year old daughter, we were looking at candles in a gift shop.

My 7 year old : So Mammy, what type of candles are you going to buy today - fancy candles, smelly candles or God candles?

The owner of the shop was weak from laughing, she had never heard pillar candles referred to as God candles before (either had I) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭ppshay

"Daddy, when I was two or three I didn't even know about love, but I do now."

• Advertisement

ppshay wrote: »
    "Daddy, when I was two or three I didn't even know about love, but I do now."

Ah that is so cute

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I was at the hospital today saying my goodbyes to my 92yo nan. Because I am breastfeeding I had to bring my 16 week old daughter. Everyone was sad (as you would expect) but while we were there, she beamed a huge smile the entire time and was chirping and gurgling at everyone, making them smile even just for a few minutes. My father really needed her and cuddled her for the most of the time. She made everyones horrible day just that little bit brighter just by being there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I was telling my 21 month old that I love him, and then I asked him if he loved mammy. He didn't say anything but went "mmmmm" (that's his kissy noise) and gave me a big smacker of a kiss! :)
    It was especially nice because he's not a huggy baby!

After my three month old screamed the house down, screaming like I was about to murder her, I eventually got her to calm down. I sat on my bed n just let her lie in my arms n I started crying from exhaustion n frustration n she notices (obviously not understanding) n starts smiling at me babbling to me. I know it was probably nothing, but it felt like she was trying to make me feel better <3

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

My son walked all by himself today. 14 months! Yay. Big hugs from mommy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

My son walked all by himself today. 14 months! Yay. Big hugs from mommy

Now the fun starts! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

My six week old slept from 12 midnight till 5am, then again from 5.20am till just now. I feel like I've been on a weeks holiday :)

When the soothes falls out of her mouth at night n I get up to put it back in in the dark, she grabs my hand n guides me to her mouth!! N then holds onto my hand as she falls back asleep <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭ppshay

When I went in to wake him he asked "Daddy, what day is it today?" I said, "It's Tuesday. He said, "No, it's the 19th. That means it's 26... no 36... days to Christmas".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I went in to check on my little guy one last time tonight. He sleep talks a bit (like myself) all I heard was "Tosagí" and "go maith", he is 4 and goes to gaelscoil. clearly he is getting a love of the language young!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

My daughter came home today after a few days in crumlin hospital and a big scare on Wednesday for mammy and daddy.

She has just woken me up and I am lying here listening to all sorts of babbles coming from her room. Usually this would instill the fear of God in me at 2am however tonight it's the sweetest sound ever :)

Think I will leave her a few more minutes giggling away to herself before I take her into bed with us.... Purely for her benefit of course ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

All lying in bed yesterday morning, discussing going to Granny's for dinner. 7 year old son states 'Our family's really good.......... Only one of us is dead!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Was helping my 6 year old do his homework.

Was writing a sentence using the word pen.

"I have lost my pen" was my attempt, he's was "I have found my pen".

"Its more positive Daddy" was his answer :)

Was making relieved noises as she farted hahaha it was hilarious!!!

It's not what she did, but what she has made possible.. And that's knowing all the words to the theme tune of chuggington on rte junior..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

She willingly ate peas and trees (brocolli :)) without me having to hide them in with the rest of her food. She even asked for more :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Window was getting repaired, guy calling to do the work gets told to wipe his feet as he comes through the door. Morto!

She then introduced him to Daddy when he got home from work. "Al, this is Daddy, Daddy this is Al. Say hello". Bemused window repair guy obeys and says "Hello Daddy".

Outside Harvey Norman yesterday waiting in the car.I wanted to go the loo but couldnt as i had 3 youngest with me.51/2 year old tells me to get out of the car and go in the bushes.
    The bushes were bare not a leaf on them.Swear to God dont know where i got that child fom.But it was funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

She was messing around on the sofa earlier and fell off and landed on her bum. She must have landed a bit hard because she had a bit of a grumble after. Next thing, she's climbing on top of me until she's able to stick her bum in my face because she wants me to kiss it better. :D

• Advertisement

My 4 year old didnt want to eat the rest of his dinner.So i asked what would i do with it.He looked up and said Give i to baby Jesus.I nearly wet myself

Advertisement