Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 edison

I was watching the news earlier from the ploughing championship, there was loads of people behind the reporter waving at the camera, & my wee man, 12 months old, was waving back at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Sweet Rose wrote: »
    My 13 month old daughter has started babbling in what sounds like a German accent. It's so funny. I was in fits of giggles listening to her this morning. I tries to sneak a video of it from outside her bedroom but she caught me :D

That's hilarious! I remember my daughter used to sound like she was from liverpool. Tried my hardest to get it on video, was always thwarted!

She cracked me up today. Brought her to the playground after work, there was a polish girl playing and chatting with her sister (in polish). She pranced straight up to them and said "Hi, i heard you speaking Spanish, I know spanish as well. Por Favor! Uno dos tres! Abres!". She was like a crazed tourist!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

My niece Ava informed my sister that she didn't want to make her 1st Holy Communion. When asked why, she said that she didn't 'like all the Jesus music at the church'. Curious as to how she had come to have such a militant anti-Christian hymn view, my sister pushed for more details.

It turns out that Ava just really wants music from the movie 'Frozen' instead and was upset/angry when her teacher said it wasn't possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Went to call Cillian home for his tea. Found him and a gang of his 8/9 year old mates sitting in a circle on the lawn.
    'What are ye doing?
    'Meditating'

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Recently my wife and I had been discussing how to manage expectations for Christmas this year. Lo and behold our five-year-old daughter Sadhbh arrived in yesterday having borrowed a Smyths toy catalogue from a friend and proclaims that she wants one of everything of Hello Kitty. As if this wasn't bad enough, this morning Oscar who turns two next month started flicking through it and then excitedly calls out "Oh my god Sadhbh - look! It's Mickey Mouse!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Don't know where she is coming up with this stuff. She has renamed the dolls that live in her dolls house. Favourite doll, previously named after herself, is now "Princess Sensible".

"Isn't that a beautiful name mammy?"

"Oh yes."

"Can we change my sister's name to Baby Sensible?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

L has become very interested in names for body parts. So he knows I call my breasts boobs. The other morning he pointed to his chest and said "L boobs too" and I said "No, only girls have boobs" and he said "But I'm a girl, mammy" and started roaring laughing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Slept in her new room for the whole night :D

And also, when she gets into crèche, her and her little friend start getting excited when they see each other. It's so cute and heartwarming :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

"Daddy, I'm going to have a baby come out of my bum later"

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Seven year old asked me (very loudly) on the walk home from school.

"If they ( I have no idea who "they" are) chop off your willy do you have a vagina?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Our nine week old has just come through her second leap and my goodness, the difference is amazing. We spent most of the afternoon chatting to each other - the coos and squeaks and smiles just made my weekend, she's getting so interactive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,360 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Just to set the scene:
    a) I am not known for being quick and speedy when having a shower.
    b) My son's 10th birthday was yesterday (Sunday)
    Got out of the shower on Saturday night and my son pipes up from his room - "Mam, do you known how long you were in the shower?!". I reply "I dunno, how long?".
    His reply : "Well I'm 11 now..."

My dad loves showing A the insects - was out the back and he had a daddy long legs in his hands. Was calling A to look at it, she came up, took it by the body and threw it on the floor. Poor thing got maulled by a one year old!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Was passing the shops today and my 3 year old goes up and licks the big ice cream outside the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭indigo twist

I collected him from creche (it's usually his dad that collects him) ... he was sitting on a mat, and the minute he saw me coming through the door, he starting shrieking and grinning and flapping his arms so hard that he almost lifted up in the air! :D:D:D Or so it seemed! The loveliest welcome ever! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭SmilingLurker

My little boy, who was one earlier this month just said bye bye dada waving his arm. 6:40am and my day is made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Yesterday we had torrential rain and flooding here, L's crèche was evacuated in the afternoon and it was very difficult to get there to collect him - we could only get half way there in the car and then his dad had to carry on on foot through the floods and bring L back through the water.

We were very worried but L had a ball, he got completely soaked but wanted to call all his aunties and uncles and tell them all about the rain and floods and how wet he got! :) It was his first big adventure!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Every time Baby Merkin awakes from a sleep he beams up at me from his cot, just so delighted to see me.

He's just made me laugh now because he's having a cat nap and just chuckled in his sleep. I'd love to know what he's dreaming about :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

After visiting Nana & Grandad Billy a while ago we were on our way home in the car when my youngest lad (7yo) pipes up...

"Dad, are you sure Grandad is your father?"
    "Of course he his, son. Sure we look very alike - same nose, same ears, same eyes, the same beard even. What made you think I was adopted?"
    "Nah, I didn't think you were adopted. It's just you're so old I thought you were brothers! Ha! Ha! Ha! Haaaa!!!"

This was from the same child who suggested 'arse brown' when asked for a colour that began with the letter 'A' during a game of 'Stop the Bus' recently.

He's got his Dad's sense of humour. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭clare82

After visiting Nana & Grandad Billy a while ago we were on our way home in the car when my youngest lad (7yo) pipes up...

"Dad, are you sure Grandad is your father?"
    "Of course he his, son. Sure we look very alike - same nose, same ears, same eyes, the same beard even. What made you think I was adopted?"
    "Nah, I didn't think you were adopted. It's just you're so old I thought you were brothers! Ha! Ha! Ha! Haaaa!!!"

This was from the same child who suggested 'arse brown' when asked for a colour that began with the letter 'A' during a game of 'Stop the Bus' recently.

He's got his Dad's sense of humour. :D

Arse brown :D that's hilarious! !

• Registered Users Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

clare82 wrote: »
    Arse brown :D that's hilarious! !

The real cracker was that I had the same answer. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

7 year old asked "how much do I have to pay to pee from now on" while holding money in her hand, she genuinely thought she'd have to personally pay each time she used the bathroom even though i explained it all to her- obviously didn't explain well enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Was out for a drive last night with the 3 kids in the back seat.4 1/2 AND 1/2 were yapping away about aliens.And a plane went overhead with the lights on and 4 year old says Mammy is that a shooting star and i says no its a plane.Well he says if its a shooting star falling out of the sky,you better watch yourself.If it hits your head it will take your eye out.It was the way he said it i was in stitches.

My 14 month old sat at the big girl table for breakfast this morning in crèche and she was as proud as punch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Listrydude

Middle son - aged 5, is really enjoying school. The lessons are one thing but it the stuff he is picking up from the others that floors me! a few days ago while preparing dinner he slides up to me telling me his news after the day. "You know what, Daddy? Girls don't have nuts!" I swear i nearly lost a thumb cutting the red pepper!! "Where did you hear that?" says I. "Nowhere". And so, it has started.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sweet Rose

I was having the worse week, topped today by being woken up early and being dosed with the cold and wanting to stay in bed. By midday, I felt like I was having a breakdown and went to sit on the rocking chair for a cry. My daughter was down on the floor at my feet. She has a teddy she loves cuddling. She took her teddy, cuddled it herself and then handed it up to me. As if to say here Mammy, hopefully this will make you feel better. It did and it meant the world to me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

My 4 year old girl said yesterday "I love you daddy", "I said Why?" she replied "Because you're you"
    Deadly:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

I said I was disappointed at lunch that my 3.5yr old was not eating and I was sad, so he said he would sing me a happy song and he cuddled me and he sang 'you happy happy happy happy happy happy now' and i said i am not quite happy yet so he sang it again, couldn't help myself laughing before the end of the second time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

My 2 1/2 year old daughter went out side in her good clothes with her cousin and started to run\jump in big water puddles .

When she saw me she started to almost cry
    I.....I....I hav..... hav... I hav..... I hav muddy.......in .... my shoe .....shoe.....I have muddy puddles in my shoes.

And when I didnt give out to her, the almost crying stopped and replaced by her shouting with joy as she continued running in the puddles!

Advertisement