Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

As all parents know, once your child starts walking, it's inevitable that you get accompanied to the loo. Well, it's gonna sound gross, but my 14 month old has started dancing to the sound of me peeing :O

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

My four year old was a bit wound up last night. We stayed in a rented cottage over the weekend, and he had a skylight in his room, so we manoeuvred his bed so he could look up at the stars. He loved it.

Last night at home he wouldn't settle. He kept getting up with various excuses about being thirsty, needing the loo (3 times). The last time he got up, he was waiting for me at the top of the stairs.

"Mama, I just wanted to tell you that if you died in the sun you would have no grave."

Then he toddled off to bed and we didn't hear from him again until the morning.

He cracks me up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

This morning, L (2.5 years) dropped one of his dinkies on the floor and it rolled under a table, so he asked me to get it for him. I got down on the floor, and he used the opportunity to jump on me. Then he realised it was fun, he spent the rest of the time before going to crèche accidentally on purpose throwing cars under the furniture so he could attack me, he was in hysterics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Swearing in context.... I don't know how they do it so well. "Jesus f-ing christ on a stick" my 3 year old swore when she knocked over her lego tower. I asked her "who says that?"... "Daddy, when the lawnmower got stuck."

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

loubian wrote: »
    As all parents know, once your child starts walking, it's inevitable that you get accompanied to the loo. Well, it's gonna sound gross, but my 14 month old has started dancing to the sound of me peeing :O

I used to get a round of applause, then when she started talking I used to get a "yay mama" :) Now I get a "mama no pee-pee trousers, good girl" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

loubian wrote: »
    i get handed toilet paper

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭cmat

Went into boots with 7yr son and husband to get spray for sore throat. Had to go into the consultation room. As i went in my beautiful little man loudly called out in front everyone in the pharmacy "don't die mom"!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Xdancer wrote: »
    I used to get a round of applause, then when she started talking I used to get a "yay mama" :) Now I get a "mama no pee-pee trousers, good girl" :D

Not sure if i posted this before but 2.5 yr old is potty trained and a few weeks ago she had to go when we were out. So i brought her in to public toilet she done the job and i had to go. She used to get confused between wee and poo anyway when i was done she started clapping and saying "yeah mammy do poo poo, well done" VERY LOUDLY :o

On a different note it was my birthday yesterday and she still not totally sure about it, handed me the card and on daddys command said happy birthday . but today she was watching cbeebies and the birthday part came on, she grabbed my hand dragged me in and started singing "look mammy, its for you, birthday party doo dooo do dooo " (cbeebies song) so i started singing with her . it was lovely to see that she did understand a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Bought myself some chocolates and 4 1/2 year old was on the mooch.I told him no tehy were mine,so he says to me ok Ma i see a picture of teh chocolates on the back of the box.Dont they look yummy.And i got all tHE SOUNDS mms and aahs,he still didnt get one.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I never knew Old McDonald had a hippopotamus, till this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

beertons wrote: »
    I never knew Old McDonald had a hippopotamus, till this morning.

Indeed he does. And a cheetah, octupus, and giraffe. Expanding the pet farm he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭zanador

What noise does a hippopotamus make? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

little man charmed the knickers off everyone on the flight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Listrydude

zanador wrote: »
    What noise does a hippopotamus make? :D

I don't know but I pray to God they don't make a follow up song to 'What does the Fox say'!! My kids love it but it hurts my brain!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Dropping our daughter (2 1/2) to the creche this morning, I noticed she'd rolled her trousers up from the bottom to her knees( they are adjustable with a strap to hold the roll). I says Dada doesn't roll up his trousers like that. To which she replied

Dada don't have nice ankles like me!!!

What do you say to that? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 biancab

clare82 wrote: »
    Arse brown :D that's hilarious! !

arse brown ! where did that one come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭zanador

Listrydude wrote: »
    I don't know but I pray to God they don't make a follow up song to 'What does the Fox say'!! My kids love it but it hurts my brain!!:mad:

He has a new one! It's not as head wrecking though.

My 9 year old came home with this gem today:

In 1986,
    The queen pulled down her knicks,
    She licked her bum and said yum yum
    It tastes like weetabix!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭chellyry

My lil boy is going through a phase of telling me that I'm beautiful and pretty the whole time. He'll be playing with his toys and just turn around and say 'you're beautiful mammy, I'll always love you'. He has also gone so generous with his hugs and kisses - just for me though, nobody else

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Was sitting on the floor playing with 2 kids. L (6.5mnths) was sitting beside me while i threw a ball at A (2.5yrs). I hit her on the head (was a soft ball) and L started to roar laughing. So A gave me the ball to do if again.
    This went on for a few more times with L roaring laughing and me and A laughing at him. Eventually it all got too much for the poor pet and his roars of laughter turned to roars of crying. Needed to pick him up and give him a cuddle to calm him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Was collecting my 4year old from Playschool . I met her at the door with Playschool teacher. I said to teacher' ' just to let you know our d-o-g is going to d-i-e' teacher said 'what oh no ' my daughter said 'yeah our dog is very sick you know'
    Not much point spelling out things around Her Id say.
    It definately me and my husband who will miss the poor dog. The kids just get on with things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

On the train home, a mother and her two kids were playing I spy. The girl (older) said she sees something red and when the others couldn't guess, she goes "X's (the brother) eyelashes" (he had red hair). I smiled lol

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

I was sick during the week, I fainted and when I woke up my 2 year old and 6 year old were standing there. After a suitable amount of time and checking if I was okay my 2 year old daughter said "mum, your hair looks a bit ridiculous"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

"I made you a cake mammy"
    "Oh lovely, what kind of cake is it?"
    "Ebola cake!"

Ummm??? Must turn off news on radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Marz66

Took the time to do skin to skin with my 5 week old tonight. Hadnt found the time in a while. Rush of endorphins is amazing and he is happy out too 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

My sister is visiting with her 4 month old son. Whenever he is in the car he falls asleep within 2-3 mins and promptly wakes up as soon as the engine stops. Something about driving just makes him nod off.

And when he sleeps he keeps putting his hands up under his head...or at least tries to. He hasn't quite mastered the movement of his arms/hands yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deecee1

my little man is 5 months, decided today while playing on his mat he was going to balance just on his tummy, it was so cute he looked like a little skydiver with his arms and legs in the air. He got totally obsessed doing it for about an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭SmilingLurker

My little boy (14 months) came out with "nose" "nose" as we were buying fish. I look around because the fishmonger was smiling and there he is holding is nose laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

We were at the till in the shop the other day ... My daughter spotted the Christmas wrapping paper and said "look reindonkies" 😊

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

We were at the till in the shop the other day ... My daughter spotted the Christmas wrapping paper and said "look reindonkies" 😊

Real life reindeer DO look more like donkeys than deer! Now every time I see them I'mma gonna call them reindonkeys :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

My nearly one year old has taken to wandering around the house, stopping, throwing her hands in the air and roaring 'all gone' dramatically! I'd love to know who or what she's after losing :)

Advertisement