Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭Miaireland

hollster2 wrote: »
    I was walking around aldi today doing my shopping and out of nowhere my son 2 started singing at the top of his lungs

" Stop the bus I want a wee wee stop the bus I want a wee wee stop the bus I want a wee wee because the people on the bus cant swin"

Trying to compose myself and stop myself being mortified and trying not to laugh he was in stiches thinking this was the best thing ever :)

I found myself humming your son's lyrics in work yesterday. I got some strange looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

My husband asked our two year old to hold the full 2ltr of milk yesterday when putting the shopping away, my little fella took it and then said ouchhh tooo heavy :) its amazes me when he comes out with words that are never said to him directly, words that he's picked up from listening & watching. They really are like sponges!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Listrydude

After a difficult first attempt at potty training a few month ago, We tried again. My son finally did a no. 2 in the potty! You really need to be a parent to appreciate the significance of that! As he is my youngest, it just feels like we have won a small lotto!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Had my 2, 2&4, dancing to the rolling stones, while playing out in the back garden today. Whilst they're not great at pronouncing their name, you'd get what they're trying to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭whattodo1

Im just settling my son (2) for bed so I said we'd snuggle and watch some Cbeebies, one of the presenters was talking about best friends and asked "whos your best friend" my son answered back my mama and gave me a squeeze :) made my heart melt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

This afternoon, my eight year old daughter was going through some of my cds, when she came across Bruce Springsteen's Born in the USA album, she said...

Mam, I think he looks very silly with a fart cushion hanging out of his jean's pocket!

220px-BruceBorn1984.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

I love singing to my 20 month old daughter and I sing my own version of the Barney song... I love you, you love me, we're a happy family, with a great big hug and a kiss from me to you, won't you say you love me too. Yesterday my daughter sang the first bit back to me and wrapped her two arms around my legs and hugged me. Very happy Mama :)

MrsD007 wrote: »
    This afternoon, my eight year daughter was going through some of my cds, when she came across Bruce Springsteen's Born in the USA album, she said...

Mam, I think he looks very silly with a fart cushion hanging out of his jean's pocket!

220px-BruceBorn1984.JPG

Crying with laughter here :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

My 6 and a half year old boy told me the song he like most in the whole world is Sex Machine by James Brown.

My 21 month old daughter started calling her Grandad by his real first name all of a sudden! I don't know where she heard it from, it's either Grandad or Dad at home. When she called him his real name first, she had a mischievous wee face on her which made it all the funnier!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

It's after nine on a Saturday morning and he's still asleep! :D He woke up briefly around seven, chatted to himself for a few minutes in the cot, then dozed off again. Actually he makes me smile every day by sleeping a good solid twelve hours every night if we let him (usually not an option though with early creche starts!)

Also, he's graduated from the Nursery to Wobblers group at creche, starting Monday ... little boy is growing up. :o:(:) He'll be going from being the biggest in the group back to being the smallest again, I'm sure he'll be well able to fight his corner though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

Two in a row. 10.15 on a Sunday and we're all still asleep. (Well, in bed at least, in my case! ) If Carlsberg did babies ... he'd DEFINITELY be the best baby in the world! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

She's singing raglan road with grandad right now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

5 week old giggling in his sleep, proper big hearty giggles, that frighten the crap out of my husband who isn't used to how odd babies are in their sleep :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

We were having dinner last night with my almost 2 year old. We were having custard for dessert and we were teaching him to blow on the spoon to cool down the food. He was kind of getting the hang of it. Then when I said blow he looked at me and instead of blowin on the food with his mouth did a massive fart instead!

Fart jokes - funny at any age :D

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭mitresize5

after months of brain washing him every morning today the little fella sang the whole verse of Stand up and Fight to me.

I genuinely think he knew how happy he was making me ...... I'm a big girls blouse at times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

My boy is finally walking! Yay! He's been standing and coasting since before Xmas and refused to walk at all when his dad was away with work.

He just let go in Gymboree and hasn't looked back since , couldn't be prouder. It's so weirded he can sneak up on us anywhere now. Makes us smile every time he runs off to chase the poor cats!

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

Our 3 year old just turned around and told us all about the 5 senses. She learned about it at school. So proud of her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Depraved

Two 9 & 11 year old boys sharing a sofa bed at a homeless shelter here started fighting each other in their sleep. One turned over and his arm hit the other. He then instinctively push back, which led to further retaliation. For a good 20 seconds they were pushing each other back and forth, yet completely asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

My little guy just turned 18 months this week. We were out for a coffee last week in a small cafe and were sitting down when the owner brought over a small little hot chocolate for him. He looked up and said Danke to him :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 yellow feather

My son is sitting in his high chair eating some blueberries and cheese slices. When he picked up one of the blueberries, I saw there was still a stalk attached, so I took it off him to remove it and then gave it back.

So now he's eating away at his blueberries and cheese, but every time he picks one up, he offers it to me first with a big smile, because he thinks I took it off him because I wanted it! :o And when I say "No thank you" he laughs and eats it himself.

He's so sweet. :o

It's amazing what they communicate even before they have words!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

After some very unsettled nights from teething, my 6 month old slept for 10 hours last night :D I'll never take a full night's sleep for granted again...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Same here! 15mth old just cut 2 first molars the last few days. He slept through from 8-6.30. Couldn't believe it! I Wasn't pleased at being up at 6.30 mind, but I've marked it on the calander , the next time he sleeps through will be in about 3 months lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

4 year old goes to the loo yesterday,i went up with him for a chat.Pulls down the jocks and out falls Peppa Pig figure.Well i fell around the place laughing.He swears bling he only put it in his pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

Our 3 year old is currently learning a dance at school for the end of year show. I walked into the sitting room this morning to see her teaching her dad the dance, waving her hands and saying "ahora con las manos" (now with the hands).
    I don't know which was funnier, seeing my daughter act the teacher or seeing my OH trying to dance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

We went out for the first time tonight since our daughter was born six weeks ago. Came home to her panned out on my mums chest after finishing a bottle - she lifted her head and smiled when she heard our voices when we came in <3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

We've been staying at my parents house the last four weeks. My almost 2 year old has been up at 6.45am most of those days because the curtains in the room he was staying in at very flimsy. He usually wakes up after 8am, we're not early risers and we have an almost 3 week old baby and would have loved a little longer asleep in the mornings.

We moved back home last night and he is back in his own room with proper blackout curtains. He only woke up ten minutes ago at 8.30 and my husband is up now getting him up. Bliss!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 carrieblack

DD a little bit of a one for speaking her mind and awkward social skills at the bus stop one day... sees a very large lady and says to me 'Mummy why is she so fat?' I usher away and discretely whisper 'she's not fat she has an illness she's obese' Then my nephew pipes up with 'look at that fat lady' and DD says at top of her lungs... 'She's not fat Mum said she's just a beast!' I know I need to teach them both volume control!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

My three year old shouted into me today,"mammy, I found a creep!" (She calls all creepy crawlies 'creeps')

Thinking she was going to arrive in with her latest specimen and hoping she'd leave it where it was, I asked "Very good, where is he going?"

"He's not going anywhere, mammy, he's dead!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Baby has learned that tormenting her big sister is the best fun ever. She follows her everywhere at the moment, followed her into the loo as usual. I was outside the door sorting laundry when I hear the small one giggle, followed by bolting out the door with the toilet paper, laughing her head off as big sister starts wailing "MAM, She took the toilet paper!".

Next two toilet trips resulted in stolen soap and stolen hand towel... giggling imp running around with house with them, laughing hysterically. If she gets chased it's even more fun.

Advertisement