Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

After trying To get my boy interested in colouring for about a year, we finally sat down yesterday to do some! He's two and he only wanted to colour in cars but it's a win for me! He also coloured freakily well inside the lines :-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    In the time it took me to pop to the loo and back my 22 month old permanently disabled the touchpad on my laptop* and wrote all over the screen in pen

*it happened 3 weeks ago and I now have to attach an external mouse each time.
    He doesn't follow you to the bathroom and stare at you while you're trying to go? No? Just mine then? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My 6 year old this morning said for my next birthday i want a mobile phone.Hes just gone 6.
    When i stopped laughing i said no.

My 6 year old this morning said for my next birthday i want a mobile phone.Hes just gone 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

dubstarr wrote: »

I've a 4 year who regularly bemoans the fact she doesn't have a mobile phone "It's so unfair". Their expectations and sense of entitlement frighten me sometimes!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

My 4 year old told me she wasn't my friend anymore.....all because I told her she was too young to have a daughter!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

He doesn't follow you to the bathroom and stare at you while you're trying to go? No? Just mine then? :p

He does normally.
    I should have known he was upto something shouldn't I.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

Xdancer wrote: »
    My 4 year old told me she wasn't my friend anymore.....all because I told her she was too young to have a daughter!

Oh I get that too, my girl is regularly pleading for a new baby, but it's ok once it comes out of my tummy she's going to look after it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

All the time....and while i enjoy a solo pee (very occasionally) it is marred by the worry of what they are up to

The time to be worried is when you can hear a pin drop.Be afraid be very afraid.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

I can't shower alone, go toilet alone even breath alone. Defo not just yours

trixychic wrote: »
    I can't shower alone, go toilet alone even breath alone. Defo not just yours
    Mine fella is 3 now, so now it's accompanied by biology questions (why do I have a willy and you don't? etc et. Fun times!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Mine fella is 3 now, so now it's accompanied by biology questions (why do I have a willy and you don't? etc et. Fun times!)

My personal low point was when asked 'why does your bottom have a beard'?

I'm well past those ones. I'm into where do babies come from... what is sex (6yr old watched big bang theory and heard the word).

I'm well past those ones. I'm into where do babies come from... what is sex (6yr old watched big bang theory and heard the word).

I love watching bbt but I've learned if they say 'sex' once it will be respeated 2000 times in that scene alone

Lisha wrote: »
    I love watching bbt but I've learned if they say 'sex' once it will become respected 2000 times in that scene alone

Only realused that lately. 6yr old lives Sheldon though. He recently saw the episode where Sheldon says bazinga in the ball put. He was in tears laughing.

Only realused that lately. 6yr old lives Sheldon though. He recently saw the episode where Sheldon says bazinga in the ball put. He was in tears laughing.

It's very funny. My 8yr old can sing the theme song off which my husband reckons is proof of very bad parenting

Lisha wrote: »
    My personal low point was when asked 'why does your bottom have a beard'?

Haha I got that too! When he stll thought everyone had willies, he asked me why I had a moustache on my Kiki (the French word for it). No sex questions yet,but he is dying to know where his baby sister is going to come out!

It's hilarious when they start noticing things like this. Ha ha ha. And I've just 2 boys but plan on having another in the future. Imagine if it was a girl?? God help me.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Haha I got that too! When he stll thought everyone had willies, he asked me why I had a moustache on my Kiki (the French word for it). No sex questions yet,but he is dying to know where his baby sister is going to come out!

I showed my eldest a cross section diagram and pointed out the "stretchy tube". But he knew that my baby was going to be cut out. He loved the idea of the doctor cutting my belly open to let the baby out. :D

He asked me at the weekend about what would happen if his balls got squashed and again this led to a medical cross section diagram.

Maybe I should close the text books... :D

• Advertisement

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I showed my eldest a cross section diagram and pointed out the "stretchy tube". But he knew that my baby was going to be cut out. He loved the idea of the doctor cutting my belly open to let the baby out. :D

He asked me at the weekend about what would happen if his balls got squashed and again this led to a medical cross section diagram.

That's hilarious.

Das Kitty wrote: »

Ha ha! He wanted to know if the baby would come out with the pee or poo. So I told him mammies have a special hole for the baby to come out. He then asked me if he looked in the hole would he see his baby sister! (eep!) So now he knows the hole only opens when the baby is ready to come out.

Just got asked a very difficult question...

My 6year old: Do mammy and daddy's fight??

Me: Yes of course. Everyone fights sometimes. It's natural.

6yr old: Then why do you tell me and my little brother to stop fighting all the time?? Everyone does it.

Me:......... *crap*

How do you reply to that. Ha ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Mama and dada for the right people :) And meant it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

So Mrs is 5 months along with number two and we been playing with 22 month old asking him 'where is the baby? ' whereupon he will point to her belly yadda yadda.
    Now I am not unfit but will concede that it is a few years since I had a washboard stomach but was putting him to bed just there and he pointed at my stomach and said 'baby'.

The diet starts tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

So Mrs is 5 months along with number two and we been playing with 22 month old asking him 'where is the baby? ' whereupon he will point to her belly yadda yadda.
    Now I am not unfit but will concede that it is a few years since I had a washboard stomach but was putting him to bed just there and he pointed at my stomach and said 'baby'.

The diet starts tomorrow

Mine used to do the same to daddy when I was pregnant....when daddy was told his boobies where bigger than mammys there was an issue :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

The diet starts tomorrow

My 3 and half year old very loudly asked if a woman waiting outside the playschool had a baby in her tummy. I think the woman thought that my daughter was saying she was fat which she was not at all.

I live in fear when standing outside that school. :) My child comments on everything and everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

My 9 month old has discovered that throwing herself backwards when sitting on the bed is great fun - it's quite funny to watch but the best bit is the look on her face just before she does it. It's pure mischief and makes me laugh so much

• Registered Users Posts: 13,898 ✭✭✭✭josip

This morning our 5 year old son was counting down from 10 to 0 while he put on his uniform.
    He then told his mammy that that was actually 11 since he went all the way to 0.
    His mammy thought he was now old enough to be told about negative numbers, so she said about -1, -2, ...
    Son asked “Did you hear that in Slovenia? (Mammy is from Slovenia)
    Mammy: “Yes”
    Son: “ I thought so, they don’t have negative numbers in Ireland”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

The diet starts tomorrow

Due no.2 in a couple of months myself and our 19 month old has said "hi baby" while pointing very firmly at the tummies of a number of people in her life....always the ones that kind of have a few pounds extra in that area. (or a beer belly)

Morto.

Advertisement