Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

My poo plopped down the toilet like Santa plops down the chimney....followed by

The toilet is hungry eating my poo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

My 3.5 yr old is sick at the moment so he slept in with me last night. His nose is blocked so he was breathing all night through his mouth. When he woke up this morning he was smacking his lips & I guessed his mouth was dry from breathing through it all night so asked if he wanted a drink.
    His reply was "yes please Mammy cos my tongue feels old".:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

My son gets nosebleeds reasonably often, especially when he has a cold or is getting over a cold.
    The other day his nose was running and he said "There's white blood coming out of my nose, mammy!"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My 4 1/2 year old was walking behind me the other day and i felt something against my coat.So i turned around and asked him what he was up too."Im giving you a kick up the hole" was his reply.I had to turn around,so he wouldnt see me laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

Put some music on and danced with my little girl cheek to cheek, just focusing on our faces touching and taking deep breaths, helped me today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Little lad had no words bar Mama for a while but pretty sure I heard Dada on Saturday, I was on top of the world!!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

Makapakka wrote: »
    Put some music on and danced with my little girl cheek to cheek, just focusing on our faces touching and taking deep breaths, helped me today

That sounds lovely and peaceful, maka :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

My 3 year old asked her dad if she could be batman when she grows up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

It sounds daft but I've never been able to post here as my almost 3yr old has a severe speech delay. But slowly (very slowly) his little words are starting to come. This evening I got sketti (spaghetti), lemon, pancake and helping (because he helped mammy cook the pancakes). I had to prompt for all those words but the point is that he successfully attempted to repeat them. I can't tell you how my heart sings to hear his little voice.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I phoned one of my neighbours earlier this evening. I could hear her almost-3-year-old grandson shouting and screaming and laughing and giggling in the background, to the point that I could barely hear her. She asked me to wait a second while she moved away, then she apologised for the racket and said 'Yeah, it's F., he's in the bathroom, he's shaving'. Thankfully she then added 'with his granddad', but for a split second I had an image of Calvin (of Calvin and Hobbes fame) holding a cutthroat razor and with half a bottle worth of shaving foam all over his little face. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

My grandad passed away back at New years. And my 3 and 6 yr old played with the idea of death a bit to deal with it.

Also my younger sister is living in Scotland. So my 3 yr old got on the phone to her on Sunday and immediately asked "are you dead? I haven't seen you ever!" I cracked up!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

I was going out to put rubbish in the green bin on Monday evening and it was also bed time for my nearly 3 yr old. I told him when i come back in its bed time and to hurry up and eat his cereal. He came out in to the hall after me with his arms stretched out and palms facing me and said "mam, mam, calm down, calm down" I nearly cried laughing, i don't know where he gets this stuff from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

A Nirvana song came on the radio yesterday at dinnertime, the wee girl went mental, headbanging and waving her arms about. Though it was a fluke so I put some Disturbed on the phone - she rocked out to that too! Our wee baba is a mosher, I couldn't be prouder :D

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Listrydude

My son, aged 6 decided over the past few weeks that he was giving up biscuits for lent! I said fair play to him. Heard him chatting to his friends on Monday and he has now decided he's giving up Salt instead! He's never used or allowed salt, but he's clever!! I think the thought of giving up biscuits became too much for him! God loves a trier!!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

Listrydude wrote: »
    My son, aged 6 decided over the past few weeks that he was giving up biscuits for lent! I said fair play to him. Heard him chatting to his friends on Monday and he has now decided he's giving up Salt instead! He's never used or allowed salt, but he's clever!! I think the thought of giving up biscuits became too much for him! God loves a trier!!

Like my fella so, decide he is giving up pancakes and Easter eggs for lent. The two things you get either side of lent!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Listrydude wrote: »
    Heard him chatting to his friends on Monday and he has now decided he's giving up Salt instead! He's never used or allowed salt, but he's clever!!

Hmmmmm is there salt in biscuits?;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

My 6 year old came home from school with a "cool stamp" on his forehead yesterday.

I was a bit of a bold mammy and told him that by getting the stamp he had to do lent now and did he want to give up sweets, or TV or iPad. I couldn't keep it up for long though. Good news son, your parents are atheist. No lent for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Letting go and standing with his arms outstretched with this **** eating grin on his face looking up at you as if 'Check me out I am the coolest person ever' before 5seconds later landing on his bum rofl

HelgaWard wrote: »
    Like my fella so, decide he is giving up pancakes and Easter eggs for lent. The two things you get either side of lent!!

They are so well up,they would buy and sell you:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

There was a spider spotted at the front door this morning. Halfpints first though was to grasp one of the 2 inch high ninja turtle swords and attack it. It failed. So he took off his shoe and whacked it. Then went into the playroom and picked up the little dustpan and brush. Scooped it up and asked me where to put it. I told him to dump it in the coal scuttle. To see him try tap it out with his hand was the funniest ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

My 6 month old little girl is now saying dada :)

My 3 and a half year old had a visit in her play school from the coast guard. On the walk home she told me "I'm a life deputy now". Also today she told me "being a mermaid is my dream" :)

Was getting my haircut today,couldnt decide the style.My 4 year old comes in and tells me to get a Messi hairstyle.Th same as him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Changing my 2 yr olds nappy this morning and as soon as i opened it he says 'oh ****, oh ****!' His regular childminder is on hols so I take it the stand-in childminder must have encountered one of his explosive nappies yesterday and that was her response, LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I don't have children but I teach Senior Infants. I hope you don't mind me posting!

Yesterday a little boy was telling me that his dog plays football and some day the dog might play for Liverpool. He was so deadly serious!

Today a different little boy was absolutely bawling his eyes out after lunch. I asked the teacher on the yard what was wrong and it turns out that another child had stood on and killed a worm and the little boy in my class was heartbroken for the worm! I laughed a lot but really it is quite cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,950 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I don't have children myself. So this is from my little nephew. He has cerebral palsy and mild autism too. Adorable child.

Today I had to collect him from school as Granny the usual picker upper was sick. His face lit up when he saw me, he said, Hi Spanish I can't stop laughing, ha ha, I can't believe you are here. I love you so much, you are my favourite auntie in the whole wide world.

Now what in the name of feck would you feel after that. Ten hanky jobbie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

My 1 year old gave my (pregnant) belly a kiss this morning - she'll only do the kisses skin-on-skin so she pulls up my top. Then I pulled my top back down again and she said ''Bye bye baby''

I melted on the spot...

Lucuma wrote: »
    My 1 year old gave my (pregnant) belly a kiss this morning - she'll only do the kisses skin-on-skin so she pulls up my top. Then I pulled my top back down again and she said ''Bye bye baby''

I melted on the spot...
    It's lovely isn't it! My little fella gives a little kiss to my belly before he goes to bed and says "I'll talk to you tomorrow, little sister". Sometimes he whispers things to her. When I ask what he's saying he said, "Oh I'm talking to my little sister, I'm not talking to you, mammy!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

It's lovely isn't it! My little gives a little kiss to my belly before he goes to bed and says "I'll talk to you tomorrow, little sister". Sometimes he whispers things to her. When I ask what he's saying he said, "Oh I'm talking to my little sister, I'm not talking to you, mammy!"

AWW....starting to share secrets already! That's so cute!
    My 17 mo old doesn't really talk (being brought up bilingual so delay in both languages) so for her to say Bye Bye Baby was huge, she's never said Bye Bye Mammy or Bye Bye Daddy! (she'll say the Bye Bye but not the Mammy or Daddy after it)

Lucuma wrote: »
    AWW....starting to share secrets already! That's so cute!
    My 17 mo old doesn't really talk (being brought up bilingual so delay in both languages) so for her to say Bye Bye Baby was huge, she's never said Bye Bye Mammy or Bye Bye Daddy! (she'll say the Bye Bye but not the Mammy or Daddy after it)
    Ah don't worry about it, my fella has just turned 4! He wasn't saying much at 17 months either (bilingual here too!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

I just got asked by my 6yo...
    "If I got a girlfriend would I have to leave this family? Or could I bring her over for a sleepover"
    The things they come out with!!!

Advertisement