Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

This is from a child in my class. (Senior Infants)

"Miss W. I know someone who's a fool.... Donald Trump" obviously he's hearing things at home. We asked him what he looked like to see if he knew who he was and his reply was "he has blonde hair and his skin was peach but it's turned orange for some reason". Funny little kid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

KatW4 wrote: »
    This is from a child in my class. (Senior Infants)

"Miss W. I know someone who's a fool.... Donald Trump" obviously he's hearing things at home. We asked him what he looked like to see if he knew who he was and his reply was "he has blonde hair and his skin was peach but it's turned orange for some reason". Funny little kid!
    that child is a genius!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

6 year old to my husband yesterday.

"There are two differences between boys and girls."

Husband: "Oh yeah?"

"Yes. Daddy, you can't give milk to a baby from your boobs. And Mama can't pee-pee straight when she's standing up."

:D

Das Kitty wrote: »
    6 year old to my husband yesterday.

"There are two differences between boys and girls."

Husband: "Oh yeah?"

"Yes. Daddy, you can't give milk to a baby from your boobs. And Mama can't pee-pee straight when she's standing up."

Brilliant, just brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Bloggsie wrote:
    that child is a genius!

He is! He cracks me up. Another day he came storming into the classroom and said "no one has respect enough to close the classroom door". I couldn't stop laughing. He comes out with these things all of the time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Judge Trudy

I brought my little girl down to have a look around the new Montessori she'll be going to in September. On the way home I asked her if she liked it and she said 'yeah I loved the Monster Story'. Made me chuckle :D

KatW4 wrote: »
    He is! He cracks me up. Another day he came storming into the classroom and said "no one has respect enough to close the classroom door". I couldn't stop laughing. He comes out with these things all of the time!
    my niece, (now 16) when in 1st or 2nd class, stood up on her chair in class on morning & at the top of her voice shouted "shut the f**k up, I cant hear myself think" turns out that her dad was at home studying and my niece and nephew were playing & poor dad wasnt to happy with the noise they were making. I'd loved to have seen my sister in laws face when she was told about it by the still stunned teacher!

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

Had to put my (now) four year old's party off for a week, so we had some buns and a bit of a fuss on her real birthday, she was delighted and kept telling us she was four.

Fast forward a week and I give up trying to explain to her, before the kids arrived for her party, that she's still four, not five. It's really hard to argue with the logic that "last week was my birthday party, I was four, now it's my party again and I'm five!"

Future note to self: have party on date of birthday:rolleyes:

Same thing confused my little one a few years ago. We had her 4th birthday party the day before she turned 4. She was smart enough to know she was still 3 on the day of her party, but needed confirmation of her age the next day.

So she asked me, "Dad, am a fur?"
    I said "What? Am a fur?
    She said "Am a fur? Or am a tree"
    The penny dropped and I finally understood. "You are fur".

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Sapphire

I brought my little girl down to have a look around the new Montessori she'll be going to in September. On the way home I asked her if she liked it and she said 'yeah I loved the Monster Story'. Made me chuckle :D

It was Monkey Story in this house. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I don't have any children, but I was a nanny in a previous incarnation, and I know how hilarious they can be. I came across this chap on one of the websites, yesterday - he has four children, and he's writing on Twitter pretty much every funny thing they say. The whole family has me in stitches. This is his account, https://twitter.com/Xplodingunicorn, if anyone wants to take a look.
    For instance, these are just some of the gems in there. :D

4-year-old: I folded up my clothes.
    Me: You wadded them in a ball.
    4: I folded them in a circle.

6-year-old: Goodbye computer.
    Me: It can't hear you.
    6: Then why do you scream at it when it breaks?
    Touché.

My 2-year-old said "night night" and shoved a pillow over my face.
    There's nothing cuter than attempted murder.

[playing school]
    4-year-old: What do you call someone who's really smart?
    6-year-old: A genius.
    4: What about some who's not?
    6: A boy.

[on a trampoline]
    Me: Don't jump on your sister's head!
    6-year-old: It was an accident.
    Me:
    6: I only did it twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

We were at Bunratty yesterday and we were talking to one of the village people who was telling our kids about how there was no running water in old times, and my 5 year old daughter said to him:

"Do you know why we have water in our house? It's because we live in young times"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

My niece was super happy at turning four. She's in such a rush to grow up.

She said to me with a smile "look at me now I'm four....big feet, big hands...big head" (she doesn't have any of those by the way :) )

She had a fancy dress at play school and I said to her "aren't you a beautiful princess" and she said "ye I'm just a big ole princess"

our wee man graduated today from playschool, on weds last he told his nana that he would treat her to lunch "co you have been so good" nana asked him who was going to pay, and his response had me in tatters, "i'll pay nana, but bring your purse!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

My just-turned-7-yr old son asked me tonite "Manny what do i do if a girl tells me she likes me and wants to be my girlfriend?"

Such a sweet talk about he can go on dates to the cinema and stuff.... never realised they started so early. Ha.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Was out walking dogs with my son this evening and told him to wait because I had to pick up poop. He went over to the dog and said "No poop!" Over and over!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm coaching on soccer camps for the summer. There is about 20 girls on the camp and three of them are called Ella. We were talking about this and the following was said

Girl 1: "You can be little Ella."
    Little Ella: "No, I'm not little!" (She is small for being a 6 year old!)
    Me: "Oh, we have an Ella with attitude on our hands!"
    Little Ella: "Oh you don't know the half of it."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

drove and ran around the village capturing pokemon this morning! the happy little face on her when i landed into her with pokemon go first thing was priceless! we choked down the brekkie in record time to get out and play :D

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

After a very very slow walk to the playground I said to my 4 year old "we will need to just walk a bit faster on the way home" Okay she said "but, I was so extracted by ghosts and sticks that I couldn't walk fast on the way here"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Was going out last night and my 5 year old told me "i wasnt allowed out" it was too late.I should have went out earlier while he was out playing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

drove and ran around the village capturing pokemon this morning! the happy little face on her when i landed into her with pokemon go first thing was priceless! we choked down the brekkie in record time to get out and play :D

Careful now.

https://t.co/eaClcvMCOO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

My two year old launching himself at me and literally knocking me to the ground on the kitchen floor, lying on top of me and smothering me with kisses and yelling "mammy mammy mammy!"

Hadn't seen each other in a while. It's such a complete feeling when we're together. Love that little dude to bits and to the moon and the stars and a million times over.

He is wonderful. Perfection personified!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

5 year old(nearly) came home from swimming today, with a new badge. He was so happy, he sat down on the floor beside the dog and showed it to her.

beertons wrote: »
    5 year old(nearly) came home from swimming today, with a new badge. He was so happy, he sat down on the floor beside the dog and showed it to her.

That's adorable!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My 2 other adult sons are in Crete.My 6 1/2 year old told me they would be home in x days.I said thats very good,you are counting down the days till they come back.

And he said yes,with my present.

beertons wrote: »
    thats brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

My 4 year old was sitting on the window ledge, I asked him to be careful not to knock over the Orchid that was beside him.
    His reply was "It's ok Mam I'm just looking at it's beauty" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

While out for dinner during s few days away we had finished our starters. (Normally when with children we'd only have mains only). My 6year old daughter was impatient and said 'I wish they'd hurry on with my finisher'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

My 8yearold boy, singing along to song on radio.he turns to me and says 'what's a cheap thrill?'
    So i replied something free that's fun.

Oh I hate the thought of the teen years ahead :(

My 4 yr old last night asked me to help him wipe after a number 2. So I obliged and what do i get?

"Jeez mammy will ya go easy on me. I'm only young!"

I need to listen to myself more often. Ha

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

6yo: Arty-Farty!
    Me: What does that mean?
    6yo: It's a fart that's art.

Advertisement