Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Was on the Luas with him and he starts singing the ABC song, skips half of it and finishes it off at the end. I think the last bit is his favourite, because he kept repeating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

The baby smiled for the first time today. Not like an involuntary wind release face contortion but a big gummy intentional smile. Awesome :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Was on the Luas with him and he starts singing the ABC song, skips half of it and finishes it off at the end. I think the last bit is his favourite, because he kept repeating it.

Zed or Zee? Junior likes youtube alphabet songs that inevitably use zee. I always correct him but he still uses zee about 50% of the time because he thinks my reaction is funny.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Zed or Zee? Junior likes youtube alphabet songs that inevitably use zee. I always correct him but he still uses zee about 50% of the time because he thinks my reaction is funny.

He does it with Zee. But changing it to Zed messes up the rhyme, as he tends to skip a line and goes straight into asking to "join with me."

Ah sure he's still young yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

My four year old niece was play making Christmas dinner for me. She said "it's ready" and I asked her what we were having and she said "sausages" so I told her that you can't have just that for Christmas dinner and she said "ok, brussel sprouts, kangaroo, horse, whale And sausages"! Yum :-s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Walking up to collect my other 2 from school.I noticed a rainbow,so i said to teh 5 year old.Look a rainbow.H e says go in the garden and collect teh money.Theres money at the end of the rainbow.I was in knots.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

2 year old son in buggy spontaneously out of nowhere shot out his first poem.

"Cars go on the road
    People go on the path
    People on the road
    Cars make them flat".

Couple of weeks ago when I had a bad cold I did the whole towel over the head over a bowl of steamy water with Vicks. My partner and I jokingly once or twice called this "boiling my head" in passing amongst ourselves.

Which he obviously must have over head because he was in the middle of something last week and I was distracting him and he out of nowhere turned around and went "Daddy...... just go boil your head!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

The Mrs walked into the dining room and let go a demure and feminine emission of a flatulent nature (;)).

The 2 yo wee girl said "Mammy, you need to poo!" and led her upstairs to the bathroom!

Meanwhile I was having convulsions of laughter in the kitchen....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Decided to fire up the old xbox for the kids...
    At the end I used voice commands to shut it down ...

6yr old asks 'daddy can that understand you?'
    'Yes' I say, feeling all cool and masterfull..

'Haha, that's the only thing that listens to you in this house' she says.

'I know... I know..' says I like a deflated balloon.

'It's yeer bed time now isn't it?' .... thinking of drowning my self-pity with a few drinks when they've gone to sleep.

' can we watch youtube for a few minutes first?' The youngest asks...

'Sure' I say ... 'I'll be in the kitchen cleaning up'....
    . Sneaky beer by the cooker....

I've been owned by a 6yr old and younger siblings.
    Looking forward to retirement.

Kind of made me smile. There's humour in truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Gotta love the 2 year old who has recently totally refused the high chair in favour of sitting at the table and last two mornings has refused his spoon for brekkie because it's plastic. Has to have "grown up" metal spoon - asserting himself early on isn't he ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

I brought my boys to the toy store today. They got money for Christmas and wanted to buy themselves stuff.

Picked out their stuff and headed to the counter to pay. 4 yo went and paid no probs. My 7 yo was paying and I said I would carry his toys out so he could join his brother playing to which I was told "no I can do it".

The woman behind the counter smiled and commented on his independence to which he looked at her, shrugged his shoulders, sighed and said "ah sure you know what kids are like!"

The woman just burst out laughing. It's so typical him. He just smiled and moved on.

Was playing paper,rock,scissors witht eh 5 year old.I won,so teh next time we went paper,rock,scissors.He said gun and shot me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

We were going through colours with my 2 year old

Me: What colour is Daddy's hair?
    Jnr: Brown
    Me: What colour is the wall?
    Jnr: White
    Me: What colour is Mammy's hair?
    Jnr: Black
    Me: What colour are Daddy's eyes?
    Jnr: Blue
    Me: Vey good. Now what colour are Daddy's teeth?
    Jnr: Yellow
    Me: Hello dentist, I would like to book an appointment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭SILVAMAN

3 yo nephew in his mom's room as she was dressing.
    As she removed her top, he exclaimed "Mam, I didn't know you had buttons on your chest!"

My 7 year old was giving his 2 brothers some money yesterday for the shop.Just before we left my eldest son said he would bring them.In the meanwhile the 7 year old said he wasnt giving his younger brother any money,

I said thats not fair,and my 9 year old said "nothing in life is fair".Thats what you always tell us.Well i had no answer.Cute fecker turning my words against me:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

3 year old kept pointing at random men on the bus and shouting, "Look mammy, that my daddy?" VERY awkward all round! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

3 year old kept pointing at random men on the bus and shouting, "Look mammy, that my daddy?" VERY awkward all round! :o

But so very fitting to your user name :):)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Half pint has been talking about having his friend round after school on Friday for the past few days. Himself and the other guy have it all arranged. I asked if his parents knew, he Daisie was all under control. Mrs B was texting that guys mam areir, and she said she's been hearing the same story. They sit beside each other on the bus, pal around in after school when my guy goes. So we arranged for a play date for Saturday. Half pint jumped for joy when he heard it was all going ahead. Announces on the walk to the bus this morning that he wants to make a cake for Saturday aswell.

Could you imagine the pandemonium on Friday if we had done nothing about it, and the 2 lads decide to skip after-school, and head back to our house. The creche and guards could be on the door to us. Eeek.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

6 Year old announced to me in the car this morning that he's tired of the cold and he's bringing me and Daddy on a holiday with his Credit Union money.

Brought a tear to my eye :o he's the sweetest, kindest little boy I've ever met.

Time to book a holiday I think. (with our money of course) :P :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Was ordering a funeral wreath fir my friends Dad yesterday. I rang funeral home first and they gave me a number of the florist they work with as I didn't want a fake flower wreath.
    My daughter asked when I was finished why I needed to ring the second number. I said that the first guy didn't sell fresh flowers so he told me who to ask. She thought about it and said 'but why would he only sell wilted flowers?'
    :)
    I then explained about real vs fake flower wreaths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

on the way home last saturday, our 5 year old asks "Daddy, does that man have chickenpox?"

I was morto, the fella beside me on the train had pretty bad acne!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dairina1991

went home yesterday after my work.
    And my 5year old princess gives me a lovely red rose.
    i asked her " what did i do to earn this?"
    And she was shocked: " Mummy you don’t remember ? It is valentine’s day tomorrow! "

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

My almost two year old was getting her clothes changed and while she had no vest on I gave her back a little scratch - she loved it, leaning into me with a big contented smile on her face and every time I stopped "more back mammy" - so cute <3

My three-year-old son and I were standing beside a big dinosaur display in a toyshop, when suddenly it started moving and the TRex gave a big roar. Poor boy usually wouldn't be fazed by that sort of thing, in fact he'd usually love it, but it really caught him off-guard and he burst into tears and jumped up on me.

I was comforting him, telling him, "Its OK, you just got a fright because you weren't expecting it" etc. Then all day he kept randomly bringing it up, "Mammy I not 'spectin' dat BOLD dine-sore, NOT 'spectin' it" ... So cute! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 31 edison

3 year old gave out to me for not ironing his trousers, 'look, there's bumps in them'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

My three yr old, on day 6 of potty training, spotted me coming out of the bathroom, let out a huge "hurray!" and congratulated me for using the big boy toilet. I guess I deserve a biccie now :D

Was congratulating junior on having a 'great big poo' in the potty and he says 'No Daddy, that is a middle sized poo'.

I just got a new laptop and was turning it on earlier, my son turns to me, all affronted, pointing at the screen, "There's no me there." He's far too used to me and all my family using photos of him as our screensavers on our laptops and phones!

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Asked my 9 year old daughter was she ready for some apple tart and custard.

"I was born ready."

Cracks me up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

Our 10 year old asked "why does Dermot Bannon put the same kitchen in every house?"

Advertisement