Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭scarepanda

My 7 month old landed in our bed at 4am last night for a feed and proceeded to assault me with kicks to the chest, neck and face after she was full. She was purposely twisting herself around with a big cheeky smile on her face having the craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Subacio wrote: »
    Our 10 year old asked "why does Dermot Bannon put the same kitchen in every house?"

I know several adults who ask the same question!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Very heavy question from my 12 year old yesterday evening:
    If you ended up killing someone where you meant to just hurt them but didn't mean to kill them, is that murder or manslaughter?

Should I be a little worried....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Nah just trying to sort out his long term living expenses *joke*

I didn't know the difference til my 30s so fair play to him.

My 5 year old is cycling unaided since Sunday. "Am I independent now Dad?" she asks me later at tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

eviltwin wrote: »
    Posted her first picture of her and her girlfriend on her Facebook profile. They're dating two years so this is huge.

And both kids are in bed. Early. On a Friday night!!! So mum and dad are having a much needed uninterrupted bottle of wine.

Ah that's lovely about your daughter and her girlfriend

• Advertisement

My 20 year old son took the electric razor down. And my 7 year old asks him if he's going upstairs to shave his balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Very heavy question from my 12 year old yesterday evening:
    If you ended up killing someone where you meant to just hurt them but didn't mean to kill them, is that murder or manslaughter?

Should I be a little worried....?

Nah, it's only manslaughter.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Out with the 2 on Saturday, met a lad I hadn't seen in a while. High 5s the kids. How old are you, he says to half pint.

I'm 5, my sister is 3 and my daddy is 36.

All he could do is laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

This happened to my friend at the airport. 2 year old get under her dress and shouts out loud "knickers!". I never thought someone could get that embarrassed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

I bought my three year old son a gingerbread man in a bakery yesterday and gave it to him on a plate earlier. He looked up at me in total wonder and awe and said, "A gingerbread man! You made him for me!" and gave me a massive hug. :o

I wasn't going to correct him seeing as he was so happy! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,329 ✭✭✭positron

20 month old girl we mind is teaching our 3 and 6 year olds to swear, I wish I was making this up!!

She was going "feck it.. feck it.. feck it...", and our kids were like 'what's she saying, whats feckkit?'... And before you know we have three kids swearing at everything and giggling. :/

PS: Turns out the girl we mind had a sleepover at her grandparents...

5year old asks me to go the loo with him.I said go on your own,turns to me and says.Its not Mother's Day,that was on Sunday😀😀

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm a teacher and I teach First Class but I have no children myself, hope you don't mind!

The kids come out with the cutest things. We had a concert on Monday and we were writing about it today. One little girl wrote "I was nervous but then I reminded myself that I was strong." Absolutely adorable!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

My four year old's sarcasm detector is fully functional. Mother's Day didn't go to plan and on the way back, the other half was asking mock-seriously if I had a great time. When i replied "yes, dear, wonderful", a voice deadpanned from the back "I think that doesn't mean yes, daddy."

Might be time to dial it back a bit methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I had gone to the barber to get my hair cut. I brought my 4 year old boy with me. I was worried that he would misbehave, but they gave him a lollipop beforehand and he was good as gold. He even put the lollipop in the bin when he was finished, without being told! Anyway, my hair was cut and we were putting on our jackets before driving home. The barber said to Fionn, 'Here, have another one for being so good'. Fionn declined and said no thanks. The barber then said, 'Sure have it for the car'. Fionn replied totally innocently,'But cars don't eat lollipops?!'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

Liamario wrote: »
    I had gone to the barber to get my hair cut. I brought my 4 year old boy with me. I was worried that he would misbehave, but they gave him a lollipop beforehand and he was good as gold. He even put the lollipop in the bin when he was finished, without being told! Anyway, my hair was cut and we were putting on our jackets before driving home. The barber said to Fionn, 'Here, have another one for being so good'. Fionn declined and said no thanks. The barber then said, 'Sure have it for the car'. Fionn replied totally innocently,'But cars don't eat lollipops?!'

Oh I love that!!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Not my child, but my neighbours' four and a half-year-old. You can normally hear him chattering, shouting, laughing, complaining, giggling, calling, playing, etc from waaaay across the street, and he's hilarious. Last week, though, he had me utterly in stitches - he let out the most evil laugh imaginable, and it was completely natural, not one of those fake MHWAHAHAHAH. I didn't know he had it in him. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Hyphy

After (supposedly) cleaning her room kiddo told me "You can't look or it will become messy again."

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

:D Schroedinger's child or Schroedinger's room?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I bought some track suits and other stuff for my 9yr old daughter today. She wouldn't try on the 3/4 length tracksuit legs. (They were reduced from €22 to €9 so I bought them) I got her to try them on at home to show her Dad. He told her they were fab and she said no I still don't like them. I named s few cool teenagers who wear them locally and she said 'if the cool kids had motorbikes would you buy me a motor bike too'.... I dunno whether to laugh or cry TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

I was making dinner and my little boy (who loves cheese!) went mad when he saw me grating cheese into the sauce ... "NO NO MAMMY, that cheese not for the dinner, that cheese for eating!"

I did try explaining to him that if he actually ate the dinner, he'd get to eat the cheese as well ... Didn't work though, he can be quite a fussy eater! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

Little lady was watching inside out this morning and the bit when the child starts crying near the end had my daughter turning around and saying "I love you mammy" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

My son had a bit of a mishap Sat night/ Sun morn....

He went to wash his face Sat night before bed. But apparently he used my gradual tanner which I had left beside the sink. He didn't know what it was though. He thought he washed off whatever it was with his face wash but woke up Sun morn with a patchy tanned face!

In true pre-teen style he got under the duvet and wouldn't leave his bed as his life was over!
    Hubbie took out a very manly looking exfoliator from his wash bag and after a few scrubs most of it was gone or faded. Plenty of face washing went on yesterday, he even commented on how great his skin felt!

He was ready to face the world and school this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    My son had a bit of a mishap Sat night/ Sun morn....

He went to wash his face Sat night before bed. But apparently he used my gradual tanner which I had left beside the sink. He didn't know what it was though. He thought he washed off whatever it was with his face wash but woke up Sun morn with a patchy tanned face!

In true pre-teen style he got under the duvet and wouldn't leave his bed as his life was over!
    Hubbie took out a very manly looking exfoliator from his wash bag and after a few scrubs most of it was gone or faded. Plenty of face washing went on yesterday, he even commented on how great his skin felt!

He was ready to face the world and school this morning!

Excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

I'm constantly telling my 3yr old to close his eyes and snuggle down to sleep in the evening. The other night he's cuddling up and says ' mummy my eyes are broken' I laughed so hard.

He's also coming out with all the things I say to him
    ' mummy listen to me when I'm talking to you!' 😮
    So funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Romantic Rose

I'm constantly telling my 3yr old to close his eyes and snuggle down to sleep in the evening. The other night he's cuddling up and says ' mummy my eyes are broken' I laughed so hard.

He's also coming out with all the things I say to him
    ' mummy listen to me when I'm talking to you!' 😮
    So funny!

They're so so funny at that age. My daughter was singing the Disney song A Whole New World and then really seriously turned around to me and said 'don't you dare close your eyes' :)

She's starting to listen and copy pop songs on the radio now. It really is a case of misheard lyrics :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I'm turning into my mother with a horrible painful corn on my foot. I have a corn plaster on to remove it and after I got out of the shower this evening, my 4 yr old spotted it (circular shape looks like a little nut) and said 'oh mammy we need a screwdriver. And maybe a hammer'!
    Whilst mildly amusing, I was just delighted to see his thought processes and hear all those lovely words. He had a very severe speech delay but he's finally beginning to close the gap on his peers. I burst with pride when I hear him talking in sentences :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

They're so so funny at that age. My daughter was singing the Disney song A Whole New World and then really seriously turned around to me and said 'don't you dare close your eyes' :)

She's starting to listen and copy pop songs on the radio now. It really is a case of misheard lyrics :)

My son just copies me cursing at other drivers! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Daledge

My little brother, just turned 10, (I know, not my child but still made me smile, hope it counts) last week knew I was upset at something. It was just something small, had a brief argument with the aul fella, as teenagers do. Anyway, brother knew I was upset and went out of his way to search the games room for something to cheer me up.

Came home from college the next day to a note on my bed and an old pokemon blue cartridge that I hadn't seen in years, roughly reading "I know you're upset and I know you used to like pokemon so I hope this cheers you up". Haven't played any of the games since before he could remember so I don't know how he knew, but I just thought it was so kind-hearted and innocent that I couldn't help but smile like an idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Almost three year old had a massive meltdown the other evening over something very undefined (did I mention she's 2?) Right in the middle of me trying to cook dinner. She ended up vanishing into the garden with baby sister, who is 1.

30s later she rushes back in and demands a tissue.I absentmindedly handed her one and she runs back out again.Out of curiousity, I looked out the window to see what she was at, and realised she was standing over the baby (who was sitting in the grass), and wiping the baby's nose because it was very messy!

I din't know whether to laugh or cry!

Advertisement