Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

I was leaving for work this morning and gave my 2 year old son a kiss and he responded " bye babe " ...........made me LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

My four year old made me a lego aeroplane because I had to go to work early this morning, its sitting on the window sill for me when I get home...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

My 3 year old kept saying yesterday - 'I don't like the black man' and 'I am scared of the black man'. Obviously I was slightly concerned so pursued the matter thinking maybe something happened in his creche.
    Turns out he doesn't like my Darth Vader figurine :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

In the car this morning & lips were feeling a bit dry so put on some lip balm. 2 year old in the back starts smacking his lips together with a big cheeky grin on him. He's got significant speech delay so all interaction especially one he initiates himself is to be encouraged and I sat there watching him in the rear view mirror thinking you cheeky monkey while he laughed away

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Went for a spin with my cousin and her daughter (9). We were driving through the countryside, when my cousin pulled over to take a call. I saw a cute little rabbit, so pointed it out to the child, saying "Look at that little rabbit, isn't he so cute!".
    Her reply? "Did you just assume his gender???"

Safe to say I got a giggle out of it, never expected a child of that age to come out with something like that :o

Bizarrely, she's also obsessed with Donald Trump, but her mum tells me that a lot of her friends are the same :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

My son's preschool class had an outing on Friday and my husband accompanied them (two or three parents volunteer for every outing to help the teachers). One of my son's friends was looking at my husband with a very serious face (and he said that the little boy had been looking at him funny the last few times he saw him at home time). Eventually he seemed to pluck up the courage to come over and ask my husband "Is it true that you're a policeman?" (he isn't, he's an ecologist). It turns out that my little fella told his friends that his dad is a policeman (so they had to be nice to him or his dad would arrest them!) :eek: :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭biddyearley

My brother got a wolfhound puppy, with the inspired(!) name of Oisin.
    He was going to change it, when my 7 year old son of the same name said "please don't change it-we have the same name and I will really look after him." After a moment, looking at the adults and he added hopefully " and don't you think his eyes are just like mine?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

My brother got a wolfhound puppy, with the inspired(!) name of Oisin.
    He was going to change it, when my 7 year old son of the same name said "please don't change it-we have the same name and I will really look after him." After a moment, looking at the adults and he added hopefully " and don't you think his eyes are just like mine?"
    Don't leave us hanging - did the dog keep his name as Oisin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

SILVAMAN wrote: »
    Got a new puppy, already named the same name as my nephew.
    I was going to pick another name, when the kid, who had fallen in love with the dog and was delighted that he and his new best friend shared a name piped up " I really like his name, and his eyes are just like mine!"
    No name change.

Coincidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

My 4yr has the sass and attitude that could move mountains. Most of what comes out of her mouth is humourous, however yesterday, minding my own business I came down the stairs in my trusty grey sketchers.

Her nibs takes one look at me and with a withering glance says, "Mam, you're not dropping me to school with those on are you? Dad, have a word".

Me....firmly put in my place!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You'll have your work cut out when she becomes a teenager...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

New Home wrote: »
    You'll have your work cut out when she becomes a teenager...

We say this regularly, she's always been feisty :O :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Little one had her birthday last week. Candles lit, cake just being brought to the table.

Wait, says she, turn off the lights.

Came out of no where. She must have heard it from creche. The laughs we get from replaying that moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

This was more a 'roll the eyes I'm gonna kill him' than a made me smile moment but I think everyone parent has had one of these moments --
    Had to get up extra early today for work as I was out at an event - son decided to run a temperature last night and as he is prone to febrile convulsion we were up with him monitoring him. He was also agitated and couldn't sleep so we saw 1am, 2am, 3am, and almost made it to 4 am before he finally fell asleep at 3.45 .. checked in with childminder later in the day and he was flying around the place NOT A BOTHER on him ....meanwhile mum and dad needed matchsticks to keep our eyes open!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Half pint cycled the bike with no stabilizers. He started crying he was so happy. And then crashed into a tree. Needed a push to get going again, and then forgot about it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Woke up to find my little boy in the hall saying "poor thing... poor thing".. he was looking at a grasshopper, or some other horrible looking thing squirming around on the tiles. "He's stuck on his back and he can't get back up" he told me. So we put him outside in the garden.

His empathy amazes me. Such a lovely soul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Romantic Rose

beertons wrote: »
    Half pint cycled the bike with no stabilizers. He started crying he was so happy. And then crashed into a tree. Needed a push to get going again, and then forgot about it.

Username: Beertons
    Young Beertons:
    'Half pint' :D
    Love it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 LaurelH

We have a no eating/drinking policy out of the kitchen rule in our house. Today, she comes home from a playdate and Poppa has been eating toast and drinking coffee in the living room (adults are exempt from the rule, but the children are unawares!) She really went to town telling him off, she moved the cup and plate into the kitchen and told Poppa that he wouln't be having pudding after his dinner! Bless :)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

Wow. Today, everything. 2 years old and she might know her own mind better than i know mine at 34!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Wardling

The little one is now 17months and has taken to climbing onto the kitchen table. There is no stopping this so eventually the best option is to leave the chairs in under the stairs when they're not being used.

Went to bed last night and forgot to put one away. Come down with him at 6am this morning and as he's drinking his bottle he realises my mistake. Cue his cunning plan.

Finishing his bottle off he hands me the remote looking for some cartoons on the tele.

I oblige and he pulls me down onto his lap for a cuddle. Rubs the bridge of my nose and plays with my hair, just like we do for him when he's not settling at night.

Next thing I know I've fallen asleep and he's gently eased himself out from under my head and straight up and onto the table.

Mam then comes down and I'm panned out on the sofa while he's dancing on the table chuffed with life.

She asks him what he's doing and he points straight to me as it's my fault for falling asleep!!

Evil genius we have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

My wife and I had to bring the little man to the Garda station to have his passport forms completed, little waiting room was packed , a guy demanding to see his son who had been arrested, a couple having a row and another family doing the same as us, the Garda on duty wasnt very pleasant either so there was tension in the room, suddenly the room went quiet to the point you could hear a pin drop, when my little fella shouts out .......

Boats and Ho's !! (Stepbrother reference in case nobody knows)

The room burst into laughter, one of the funniest things he's ever done.

He's 3 in a couple of months and already funnier than his mam :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

My toddler was ringbearer at a wedding over the weekend. He point-blank refused to participate in the wedding rehearsal, or to let on in the days leading up to it that he knew what he was supposed to do, and wouldn't practice with any of us or talk about it at all. We decided his uncle (the groomsman) would just have to pretty much do it for him, while carrying him.

Well the moment came, the celebrant asked for the rings, and his uncle started to move forward with my son in his arms ... my son bellowed "LET ME DOWN!", grabbed the rings from him, squirmed his way down, and marched right up to the celebrant, "HERE!" and pretty much threw the rings at him.

Maybe you had to be there. :o It was actually hilarious, especially for those of us who knew how much he'd resisted the whole thing!

• Administrators Posts: 13,978 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

My 3 year old recently watched the original Cinderella, complete with Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo. She found a wand the other day, and took it upon herself to transform me for the ball!! So with a wave of the wand I had a beautiful princess dress, a big necklace and 'up shoes' (high heels!).

When I was ready I asked could I go to the ball and she said I could go in the 'ball house, with wheels' (pumpkin carriage) and my horses would bring me.

I asked her who I would dance with at the ball and she answered without skipping a beat - "The one with all the money"

:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

To the tune of B-I-N-G-O my little boy sang this to me after I got home from work this evening

I have a very special friend
    and Daddy is his name O
    D-A-D-D-Y, D-A-D-D-Y, D-A-D-D-Y,
    Daddy is his name O

His minder in creche taught them it today. I will admit to getting a little teary eyed. Made my day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I was bringing my 2.5 year old into the bathroom to brush his teeth last night and banged my elbow off the towel rack. He said with grave concern "Oh you hurt yourself?" and patted and kissed my arm <3 It was the wrong arm, but still :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Son: Mommy, you're a girl!
    Me: Yes. Yes, I am.
    Son: Mommy, are you ... MY girl?

Awwwww. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

So we went to collect daddy at work yesterday and his boss walked out of the office to his car (beside ours). The 2 boys love meeting people from their dad's work so they started shouting "Hi!!!!" Out the window. He stopped and came over for a quick chat with us all the while the 2 boys in the back beaming at him with smiles so he gives them a tenner between them "for sweets". Boys were chuffed.

Anyways off went boss man and we're still waiting or daddy. Ds (5yrs) had the money and was "mindin it" but ds (8yrs) was getting jealous he didn't have a money to hold. So he pipes up "mum can we go to the library and photocopy the money so we can both have a tenner?"

Oh if only son..... if only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Trip to the zoo. The six year old wants to name all the animals...

Stripey the Zebra! Hey Stripey, how are you? Runs around roaring it out.

Gerry the giraffe... ditto. Gerry, gerry gerry.

And.... Horny the Rhino.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Driving out to the beach with my six year old and I said "hey look at the windmills".

"They're wind turbines Mammy, the conduct electricity"

That's me told.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

xzanti wrote: »
    Driving out to the beach with my six year old and I said "hey look at the windmills".

"They're wind turbines Mammy, the conduct electricity"

That's me told.

Haha my 7year old refuses to look until we call the windmills by their correct name 'wind turbines' too. You wouldn't know to laugh or cry!!

Advertisement