Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

My 4yr old who has some difficulties, one of which is low muscle tone, started pedalling his sister's trike yesterday. Sounds minor but this was a huge hurdle for him physically and mentally. He is so chuffed with himself that I burst into tears of joy for him. He's slowly coming up behind all his peers :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm glad that's a duplicate post 'cause I got to thank it twice! Go, kiddo! :)

New Home wrote: »
    I'm glad that's a duplicate post 'cause I got to thank it twice! Go, kiddo! :)

Oh sorry!! I was clearly still a bit excited writing this. And thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Little boy spent the evening loading ‘Santa’s sleigh’ (big ornament under the trees) with loads of different things then saying ‘presents for ev’ryone’ ! Super cute

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

harsea8 wrote: »
    Youngest son did a poo in the potty (rather than in his pants or on the floor)...sounds crazy, but that brought a huge smile to the face!
    Manora wrote: »
    Youngest son did a poo in the potty (rather than in his pants or on the floor)...sounds crazy, but that brought a huge smile to the face!

Why did you copy the second post in this thread from 8 years ago and post it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Mars Bar wrote:
    Why did you copy the second post in this thread from 8 years ago and post it?

I had to do a double take on that one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭JimboJones99

When explaining the reason, to my 5 year old daughter why I was picking her up from the childminder and not my wife, was that Mammy got caught in work. She replied "Was she trying to sneak out again?"

Little boy spent the evening loading ‘Santa’s sleigh’ (big ornament under the trees) with loads of different things then saying ‘presents for ev’ryone’ ! Super cute

Aw I'm so excited for christmas this year. I think its lovely that kids are as excited getting presents to give to people as they are recieving them. We had so much fun doing the shoebox appeal this year. May our kids always be so kind :)

Don't have kids myself but sometimes glance through this thread as it's very sweet and funny.

One I read today reminded me of something my partner's nephew did when he was only about 4... I was sitting beside him on the sofa when he suddenly looked at me very intensely, then leaned over close to me, tucked a loose strand of my hair behind my ear and said in hushed tones "You're beautiful".

It took every ounce of strength I had to stop myself bursting into laughter. I said to his dad after "what the hell are you teaching that child?!".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

MY sister recently announced she was pregnant. I showed out wee girl (3) the scan pics when I told her and later on we videoed my sis for a chat..

Before the call the wee girl asked "can she take her baby out to show us?"

Ever since shes decided that she also has a baby in her tummy and whenever she's naughty it's "my baby made me do it" or "my baby did it!" :eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

There's only one logical explanation: your daughter is possessed. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

BeardySi wrote: »
    MY sister recently announced she was pregnant. I showed out wee girl (3) the scan pics when I told her and later on we videoed my sis for a chat..

Before the call the wee girl asked "can she take her baby out to show us?"

Ever since shes decided that she also has a baby in her tummy and whenever she's naughty it's "my baby made me do it" or "my baby did it!" :eek::eek:
    That's the plot for a bizarre comedy horror film called Prevenge! A pregnant woman goes on a killing spree and is convinced it's the baby making her do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    That's the plot for a bizarre comedy horror film called Prevenge! A pregnant woman goes on a killing spree and is convinced it's the baby making her do it.

Yep, saw it - it was terrible. Shame as I really liked her other film Sightseers...

But I digress!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

20 month old said "good job" while I was changing his (rather filthy) nappy in a toilet in Southend airport earlier...

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭PCX

20 month old said "good job" while I was changing his (rather filthy) nappy in a toilet in Southend airport earlier...

Was he congratulating himself or you? 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Judging by the size of the poo I wouldn't be massively surprised if he was congratulating himself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

My five-year-old wants Santa to bring him two wedding rings - one for him, and one for his girlfriend soon-to-be fiancée.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

Last night, other half was putting our daughter to bed, she's 2 and a half. I was downstairs and i coughed. Next thing i hear the princess shouting down to me Mammy cover your mouth. Laughed so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

2.5 year old is in hospital at the minute but coping very well considering. I told her I was going to the loo but when I came back it was nap time... came back and she’d taken off her shoes and socks and put them under her bed and had her leggings off too “I’m ready for my nap!” Then whn I was turning out the lights she said “love you sweetpea” - heart melting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

3yr old daughter this morning at breakfast:
    "Santa's not magic!! He can't even fly!"

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

At Santa on Saturday, Santa asks himself if he puts his dirty socks in the wash.

I do.

Dirty socks keep appearing on my floor.

It must be Mrs Claus.

And a random one the other day.
    Brown boys don't get sun burn.
    I nearly choked.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭sonandheir

My 4 year old has asked several times about trump. This morning and bear in mind it's Christmas eve:

4 yo: why does nobody like Donald trump anymore?

A bit of explaining and I basically say he's not very good at his job

4 yo: what's his job?

Me: he's the president.

4yo: he looks after the presents? (Shocked look on face)

Me: it's OK Santa looks after the pressies.

She cracks me up everyday.

Went over, knelt in front of the fireplace and said "Thank you santa" himself. No prompting. Almost three and super cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

My five week old son gave us his first proper smiles this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

3 yr old has a severe speech delay so practically non verbal - came over and saw all the cakes lined up last night (I did several dessert orders for family) and in the most impressed voice ever let out a big WOW. Made us all smile :-))

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My 2 sons rolling down the Popes cross in their new Christmas clothes.They where filthy but i was trying not to laugh.

Daddy: "T are you hungry" (repeat three times)
    Daddy: "T can you answer Daddy please"
    T "I died"

(Daddy had to sort it because I was too busy desperately and unsuccessfully keeping a straight face on the other side of the room!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Husband “what noise do donkeys make?”

2.5 year old “are we there yet? Are we there yet? And then Shrek and Fiona say NO SINGING!!”

It was hilarious - we weren’t watching Shrek at the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Nothing specific but previously mentioned 3 yr old with speech delay is making the most of the Xmas hols and starting to get progressively bossy in his own little way over the last few days. Latest thing was today he overheard heard us telling older siblings to get ready for sleepover at their uncles and he immediately started gestulaing to himself to indicate he was going too. He practically launched himself on the uncle when he arrived patting himself on his head to indicate me too

• Advertisement

Went over, knelt in front of the fireplace and said "Thank you santa" himself. No prompting. Almost three and super cute!

Have to update this one. Next morning he came down, looked around and went over to the fireplace to ask Santa to come again. Rofl

Advertisement