Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

asked himself for a hug earlier.
    I was explaining that I wasn't sad, but I felt like I needed a hug.
    He said sometimes he feels he needs a hug too for no reason.
    so we've agreed to ask each other for hugs more often.

sweet moment:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

The birthdays are coming up in a few weeks. 

To-Be 7 year old asked for a "teenager party". Which means apparently that it is at nighttime (we settled for 6pm to 8pm) and it has music and a pizza. Not a problem. Sounds like fun. 

To-be 4 year old wants a "Pony with a Horn party " (specifically NOT a unicorn, but looks exactly like one), where there is a cake that looks like a unicorn, and digger cupcakes. Hullo? 
    Oh yes, and she will host this party from bed. Each of her friends is to be sent to her bedroom one at a time, the cake will be on a table in the corner, they can deliver a gift and take a piece of cake. And then go home.

lmfao. As if. Where do they get this? 3 year olds are nuts.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

haha that's like an audience with a queen.

I don't envy you googling party ideas with the words "pony with a horn" but I'd probably err on the side of caution and not do it on a work pc if I were you. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

Reading a Kid's book about evolution

Me: We all started out as tiny cells

6 year old: Even our president Michaeldy Higgins?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

In the last week my 4 year old son has come out with the following:

I was giving him a gentle warning about behaving himself when we got to my mams house as his younger cousin would be there and he needs to share his stuff with him and not be naughty - his response "who do you think i am Dr. Phil, your giving me nothing to work with" all i could do was laugh with the shock. He said its on Daddy Day Camp on Netflix :)

Also last week husband was telling 4 yr old to cool the jets and not to be answering back, 4 year old response - "Its called Hustle sweetheart"
    Apparently this is from Zootropolis which he hasn't watched in about 4 months. He soaks everything up and will hit you with these one liners when its most appropriate :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Soon to be 3 year old just cracks me up on a daily basis...

This morning she was eating her brekkie (“raw porridge” at her request ie oats in cold milk!) when she suddenly gasped and said oh mammy I have a special treat for you.... disappeared upstairs and I could hear her rummaging around in her room then came back down with a concerned look on her face “sorry you’ll just have to wait until your birthday ok” and went back to eating her breakfast... oh to know what she was thinking!

She also keeps going around the kitchen backwards on her scooter shouting “beep beep beep beep careful I’m re-bursting” :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

I only found this thread today as I am a relative newcomer to the parenting lifestyle. Some comedy gold here though!!

Our little boy is 5 months old next week. He was having a bit of a melt down last night for no particular reason only that he was too tired to sleep I think, but he eventually fell asleep in my arms with a firmly gripped handful of my beard in his hand and holding on to his teddy in the other.
    It did make me smile.....eventually...... when I realised the struggle was over and I could stomach the courage to untangle his fingers and put him into his crib!

the 9yr old got a present from my friend recently who had been on holidays.
    it had an eye mask in it, and he's been wearing it to bed every single night the last two weeks!
    it's hilarious him remembering his eye mask at bedtime, and seeing him sleeping the whole night through with it on:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Was chilling at home this evening and to pass the timed decided to try the youngest with a you tube video of Lámh colours - background he's learning Lámh to help with speech delay - well to see his little face light up as he usually hates music was a joy. We had the best time with him showing us all the signs from the song he learned in creche last week. I hadn't realised how many colour signs he knew. He knows loads of signs but is reluctant to use them so we are trying to incorporate them more. Tonight was a big hit and he was still humming away in his own way going to bed and signing colours. Pure happiness :)

so the 9yr old at the dinner table today.

after gobbling up all his food as always, he went up for some leftovers.
    then went up again for round:2.
    comes back to the table with a mouthful of food, and says casually,
    'sorry everyone, but big daddy has eaten all the leftovers'!

hahahahaha.
    I dont know where he got that from.
    so funny. I don't think he even realized how funny it was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

Took our little girl swimming today. She's loves the water, when asking if she wanted to splash or jump into our arms, shed reply with oh no I just want to swim. Then try to wriggle out of our arms. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Purpletoes

My 5yr old was out playing today and came in with a dafodil and said 'i got you this because I love you'

💓💓

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

My 11 year old daughter is currently learning about the birds and the bees. While I was cooking the dinner today she asked me very sincerely " You know people who have twins.....Did they have to do it twice or is it just pot luck?" 😊😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Purpletoes wrote: »
    My 5yr old was out playing today and came in with a dafodil and said 'i got you this because I love you'

����

My son did something similar - when leaving soccer this weekend he picked a few daisys on his way out for me...wonder how long more that'll last? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Hopefully never...
    My 12year old was allowed down town with his friends on his own for the first time a few weeks ago..he came home with pjs for me and sweets for the kids..
    my heart.and the tears.. hes growing up but still such a softie..

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

my 18 month old fell asleep last night in the grandmothers, in a bed made on the floor of the sitting room.

Unconscious to world.... his favorite ad came on tv and all you can hear is this pitch perfect hum, his eyes not even opening or fluttering....

all you could do was smile

well himself has being very disrespectful the last week.
    so I calmly walked in and took the xbox out of his room, and told him he will get it back in one months time, providing he looses the attitude.

that put a smile on my face!

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

Wasn't today but it still makes me laugh when I think of it.

I said to my 4 year old daughter 'we are going to make mummy breakfast in bed on Mother's Day. What do you think she might like? "

Amy:' Wine'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Malevolent 4 year old... she is always thinking of ways to do away with us when she doesn't get what she wants, like chocolate for breakfast. 
    Her usual threat when she was younger was that she would "Blow you out like a CANDLE".
    Today's was: I am going to hoover you up completely, until not even a tiny bit is left, and then you will be gone forever!

She's going to make such a great super-villain.

pwurple wrote: »
    4 year old...I am going to hoover you up completely, until not even a tiny bit is left, and then you will be gone forever

this is hilarious:D:D

movie night bonding would be my answer to that.
    maybe Brave
    the Labyrinth
    Home Alone1
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 FurtherAway

After finding lots of little and one big treat the Easter Bunny left hidden in the garden this morning, our excited 5-year old was told by his Daddy that he thought he'd seen something furry last night, but it had gone when he went to look further. The response was one of disgust and outrage: "You scared the Easter Bunny away!! He would have left LOTS more for me!!"

I wonder should I worry about this early onset sense of entitlement. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭The Wordress

My toddler is getting very receptive to language now. He took a yogurt out of the fridge himself and I told him to go fetch the spoon from the cutlery drawer himself. Back he comes with a large wooden spoon, trying to dig into his yogurt with :D

At least he knew what a spoon meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

A few days ago, I was on the bus with my four-year-old, and he was turned around staring at an old-ish man sitting behind us who had this big huge beard.

Eventually, after staring at him for ages, my son asks him, "Do you like rabbits?" The man smiled and answered, "Yes, rabbits are great!"

My son says, all disappointed, "Awwww, so you're NOT Mr McGregor!" and turned back around in his seat, all disappointed! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I was saying that I must get my passport photo taken soon, said I'd wait til a day when I had fresh makeup on to have a nice pic on my passport. My son (13) asked would I not get my passport photo taken when I had no makeup on as I'd look younger.
    Not sure if that was a back-handed compliment....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Me to 3yo daughter this morning - Lucy, you're brilliant!

Her - That's because I'm full of joy!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My 8 year old comes back from the shop.

Honey im home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

In a restaurant last weekend. A family come in with a wee girl in a communion dress and walk past our table and sit behind us.

Loud as you like the wee girl chimes up "My dress is nicer than hers" for all to hear :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Herself did a clear out in all the rooms, of clothes that are too small, worn, or that she doesn't like. Anyway, the 2 bags were down by the front door last week, half pint goes over, takes his sleeveless jacket out of the bag, and hops into the car to go to school. He then says in the car that we should play an April Fools on mam, put all the clothes back in the rooms and throw the empty bags in the bin. I don't know if he's a genius, or horrible. But it was hilarious.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Was there a full moon? Maybe it's the vitamin D.

Down at the shop yesterday, shop keeper gives my young lad 2 packs of match attax cards. I hadn't even opened my mouth, when he said to the guy that he only wanted 1 pack, and he gave him 1 back. And thanked him. So nice.

Then we went home and drew up clues for a treasure hunt for mammy. Today is her birthday, her pressie will be where the last clue leads her. And boy, are these tough clues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

My 2 year old saying "Hand?" as if to offer me some help when I wheeled the double buggy into the toilet at the GP surgery a few days ago...

Advertisement