Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Two year old fell asleep on the sofa earlier, and when I looked in, her favourite teddy was tucked under her arm...four year old sister had put it there, and wanted to put a blanket on her because she would be cold.

Made me feel like I am doing something right :-) (for all of about 15 minutes anyway!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

5 yr old had clearly been doing valentines day stuff at preschool!

5: you know I love you M
    2.5: I wuv you too
    5: I'd probably miss you when you're dead

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

My 11yr old boy and his nearly 9 yr old sister know that he was born via section and that she was born ‘the bottom way’ .
    Every now and again they tease each other about the gross way the other was born.

This was going on the other day in the car, I was driving. I think they started talking about baby calves. Innocent n cute enough you would think. He then said yeah sure you were born the bottom way, she got v cross and retorted, ‘yeah well she was sacrificed to get you out that’s more rotten’

Sacrificed—- I keep getting visions of me on an altar with a guy in robes holding s dagger aloft.

Very funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Four year old home sick and found his Christmas books so obviously wanted to read them. I’m simultaneously feeding the four month old so shorting things quite a lot.

So I go ‘No room at the inn’ and he replies ‘so they went to stay in the car’ psml

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

just found myself telling the little man to stop singing & go to sleep...
    this is the non-verbal smallie whom we've been working hard with to get any sort of vocalisation going. the last week has seen him latch onto a musical, playing it non stop but who friggering cares as he is "singing" along [ in that ahhh oohhh way they do before talking]
    happy moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭appledrop

My 2 year old put me on 'Time Out' today because I spilled orange juice all over the floor. 'You should be more careful' I was told. ' It went everywhere mammy'

My husband had to leave the room he was laughing so much:rolleyes:

Kiddo (4 year old) counting:

One.
    Two.
    Three.
    Eighteen.
    Nineteen.
    Twenteen.

I think he just invented a word for that awkward age when you discover that you have no idea how to adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

We were in waiting room in Crumlin yesterday and they had giraffes painted on the walls. I was talking to three year old about them then said messing and your tail doesn’t look like that. She laughed, said I don’t have a tail I just have a bum, look... turned round and pulled her leggings down to moon everyone!! Thankfully her pants stayed in place

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

The other evening myself and 2 year old were drawing on chalk board.
    She hands me a blue chalk.
    Me: "What do you want me to draw?"
    Her: "Pink"

Well played little one. Well played.

Three year old is on a roll... we were out for dinner with my parents this evening, I’m pregnant and we were chatting about the baby. My dad jokingly said to her maybe it’s twins just to see what she would say “NOOOO GRANDA!! Daddy only put one seed in mammys tummy” at the top of her voice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Bought the kids a takeaway cause they have a friend staying.The 7 year old just tried to sell us his 3 in 1 back to us.For 6 euro.Hes going far,:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

dubstarr wrote: »
    Bought the kids a takeaway cause they have a friend staying.The 7 year old just tried to sell us his 3 in 1 back to us.For 6 euro.Hes going far,:D:D
    When my sister was young she got £5 in a card for her birthday. Mum was going to town and said she'd buy some lego with the money for my sister. She bought a nice set which probably cost about £50-£60 at the time. When my Mum gave it to her my sister asked for her change :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

This could probably go in the humour place. But anyway. A new shop opened down the town, called ForFootSake. Great name if ya think about it. Not so if the kids are repeating it in the back of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Currently refusing to go asleep.. 2 yrs old,

This little piggy went to supermarket,
    This little piggy stayed at home,
    This little piggy had dinner,
    This piggy had none ... he hungry
    This little piggy went pet shop,
    This little piggy cut the grass

And on and on with everything we did today ��

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Not my child but my nephew who is 21 months old and has just got a new baby brother a week and a half ago.

His mammy had him on the changing table and pointed to a big mark where he'd dragged a toy along the wall.

Mammy: What happened to the wall there? Who did that?

Nephew: Baby.

He's learning fast :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Mother's day card from my son yesterday signed "from the child"!
    Just as well I've only the one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Our 18month old boy is great to eat thankfully and very good to feed himself also....normally when he comes home from nursery he has eaten his dinner so i give him some banana, toast, apple etc as a snack for his supper.

Yesterday i was informed he had his usual double helping of dinner at nursery. In the car he announced he wanted beans, so when we got in he kept saying "beans beans beans". I told him to find them for me, so he went over to the cupboard they were in, i opened it and he picked up a can of tuna "no fish", picked up can of tomatoes, "no" then happily announced "BEANS" when he seen the can he wanted. He handed them to me, and promptly ate half a can before he went to bed.

If this is him at 18 months, I have no idea how I will keep up with him in 12months more :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Madams new thing when she doesn't want to do something is to say 'no dinks' no idea where she's getting it from but it's hilarious! At least she's polite!

Also she's a little fart for her age, but lack of height isn't going to stop her! In the last week or two she's decided that shes going to do stuff for herself by dragging chairs where ever she wants to get up to something higher up. Windows and doors are no longer safe!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

He was talking to me earlier a out some sort of a tent for Easter, that his teacher mentioned to him. And I've only figured out 3 hours later he was trying to tell me about an "Easter camp." :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

He was talking to me earlier a out some sort of a tent for Easter, that his teacher mentioned to him. And I've only figured out 3 hours later he was trying to tell me about an "Easter camp." :)

That is adorable, aww! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭JimboJones99

We are currently building an extension to our house so my recently turned 3 year old son is gone obsessed with tools and building in general. Cant take my eyes off him or he is gone out around the building site.

Yesterday evening I was outside playing with him and his older sister. He was "building" with the heap of sand and a few bits of timber off-cuts. After a while his sister asked could she help him and he said "Yeah, you can make the tea". He then turned around and knowingly informed me that "Builders like tea, Dad"

We are currently building an extension to our house so my recently turned 3 year old son is gone obsessed with tools and building in general. Cant take my eyes off him or he is gone out around the building site.

Yesterday evening I was outside playing with him and his older sister. He was "building" with the heap of sand and a few bits of timber off-cuts. After a while his sister asked could she help him and he said "Yeah, you can make the tea". He then turned around and knowingly informed me that "Builders like tea, Dad"

Actually after reading this back I really should have pulled him up on his female sterotyping rather than just laughing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Actually after reading this back I really should have pulled him up on his female sterotyping rather than just laughing

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Doing story-time last night. Our little 2.5 year old girl is fascinated by characters when they get sad (mostly due to missing their Mum). Anyway, after Monkey Puzzle (featuring a "missing Mum" storyline) we read Oh no George (which has nothing to do with a missing mum). There's a page where George is sad and this was her reaction... "Poor George. George go home. George need mama". Serious heart melting / laughing from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

He's too young to understand gender roles. I bet if it had been a big brother he'd have said the same thing. He was pretending to be a builder and builders like tea. Life is simple at that age.

Almost 4 year old is becoming very attached to little brother/sister who hasn’t been born yet. Every night after my kiss and hug bump gets one too and even at preschool drop off this morning... it’s very sweet. Will be interesting to see how she feels when baby is actually here!

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    He's too young to understand gender roles. I bet if it had been a big brother he'd have said the same thing. He was pretending to be a builder and builders like tea. Life is simple at that age.

Ah yeah, it was all harmless. His sister didnt mind, she even threw in a make believe pizza for him as well!

TBF to him, he doesn't gender discriminate, when the actual builders are there he orders me in to make for tea for them also. Definitely a testing time for my masculinity! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Some stereotypes are justified. never had a plumber/builder/electrician/boiler servicer arrive at the house and turn out the be female.
    kids say what they see :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

My son informed me today that normal milk comes from cows, and chocolate milk comes from bulls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

My little girl (4) informed me this evening that she wants to be a cowgirl when she is grown up because she can then help the Gardai catch the bad guys.

Advertisement