Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Monkey2019

I was drying my hair the other morning and my 2 year old came down and said "mammy you're so handsome" :D

Gave me a little boost :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

He was looking for snacks straight after dinner, and I told him he couldn't possibly still be hungry.

His response: "Whaddaya think you know about my life, lady?"

He's five! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Haven't posted in a while but for the night that's in it - little man who has a severe speech delay just said santy for the first time. He's 5.5
    So excited he cannot sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

My 3 year old boy

'Mam I don't like you at all.... I lovvveee you '

He's gonna be a heartbreaker when he grows up and is melting mine now 🙈

5 year old a little bit too clued in. Watching "Polar Express" and the father at the end can not hear the bell because he does not believe of course.

5 year old sits quietly contemplating after it tonight before coming out with "Daddy - if the man doesn't believe - where does he think all the presents came from that the kids are opening?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

"You know how boys have willies and girls have boobs?"

"...yeeeeees...?"

"Does that mean that girls have to put your boobs into the toilet when you want to do a wee?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Out the back today doing a bit of a clean up with the little man (30 months). Had swept up a big pile of moss, dirt, leaves etc and went into the house to get a bin bag. Came back out 30 seconds later and the boyo had the yard brush in hand, sweeping as hard as his little arms could sweep and he had flittered the pile everywhere. He turns to me with a big smile on his face "I'm just sweeping the dirt up dad" (he recently started calling me Dad and his mother Mam for some reason). Couldn't help but laugh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Over Xmas I 'banned' the worst ever song from our house - Mariah Carey's deplorable All I Want for Christmas is You.

Yesterday my 3 year old comes to be and says she has a secret and has to whisper in my ear. She whispers
    'I don't want a lot for Christmas there is just one thing I need' and rolls around laughing ........

My own 3 year old is now making fun of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Five-year-old son came out with this one:

'Dad....did you know, that in the olden days....people didn't have Netflix?'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Was chatting to 9 yr old daughter lately. I can’t remember what I said, some lame advice I think... daughter said, mam it’s ok, I know, sometime I think that you don’t need to prepare me for the world, I think the world needs to prepare for me..

Think I’m going to remember her teenage years somehow!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

My wife went out last night with her friend and while myself and the 2 kids were having dinner my little boy asked me 'is Mammy on a date?'

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

My sister took a little video of my nephew on my birthday, she obviously coached him in the background to "sing happy birthday to her!" and he broke out with "Happy Birthday to her, happy birthday..." :pac: So young and innocent, when they take everything literally.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

(Belated Happy Birthday, Miamee. :))

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ApolloDance

While dancing around the kitchen to mid 2000s pop songs she stopped, hugged my legs and said ‘mummy, you’re my best friend now’

• Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭scarepanda

One of our dogs had surgery on his leg today. The bandage came off this evening and we were trying to redo some sort of bandage to keep it covered for the night. He was having none of it so we were trying to distract him any way possible. The toddler was coming over with books and teddy's to him to distract him and saying easy, easy (something I always say when the dogs get excited) and mamas got ya (something I always say when the kids are crying for whatever reason).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

scarepanda wrote: »
    One of our dogs had surgery on his leg today. The bandage came off this evening and we were trying to redo some sort of bandage to keep it covered for the night. He was having none of it so we were trying to distract him any way possible. The toddler was coming over with books and teddy's to him to distract him and saying easy, easy (something I always say when the dogs get excited) and mamas got ya (something I always say when the kids are crying for whatever reason).

That is absolutely adorable. The kindness of the toddler and using your phrase, to comfort the dog, just so sweet. I love this thread, it always makes me smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

My 2 year old called me a naughty dinosaur when I was changing his nappy just before bedtime yesterday evening :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Monkey2019

I just love the random "i love you mammy"s - we were in the shop Iceland the other day walking around and he just goes "i love you in the shop mammy" :D

Watching football today and my little girl says (after 1 team scored) 'why are all the footballers cuddling each other?'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Driving with my 2 year old in the back a couple of years ago and he got all excited and proclaimed "look daddy theres the moon" as he pointed out the window. About 3 minutes later and a few turns on the road he points again at the moon excited and says "look daddy theres another one"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Driving with my 2 year old in the back a couple of years ago and he got all excited and proclaimed "look daddy theres the moon" as he pointed out the window. About 3 minutes later and a few turns on the road he points again at the moon excited and says "look daddy theres another one"

Ahhhh, it would be a wonderful world if we could all experience things with a toddlers wonder and enthusiasm. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Our 2 year 9 month old lady has a severe speech delay but seems to be making progress. On Monday she started saying a full and proper 'Miaow'. It was absolutely heart meltingly wonderful.

Our 2 year 9 month old lady has a severe speech delay but seems to be making progress. On Monday she started saying a full and proper 'Miaow'. It was absolutely heart meltingly wonderful.

We had a somewhat similar situation; my young fella had pretty bad speech delay too. He knew exactly what you were saying to him, but he couldn't make the words himself. He's gone from that to having full blown conversations about why he should be allowed stay up later on Friday nights because there's no school the next day.

So, yeah, watching him struggle so badly with his speech to where he is now.... heart melting is right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 BigPoppaDump

Changed the 30 month old boyos nappy this morning, he had a bit of a poo so I was doing the necessary when he suddenly pipes up, really forcefully, "no daddy, dont clean my kenis, just clean my bum bum!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Changed the 30 month old boyos nappy this morning, he had a bit of a poo so I was doing the necessary when he suddenly pipes up, really forcefully, "no daddy, dont clean my kenis, just clean my bum bum!!!"

In similar situation my 1.5 yo waves his hand in front of his face saying euwwww!!

(he only has a few words so it's funny he has this all sussed)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

A key phrase for the 4.5 yr old is a cheery "that's a good idea"

On been told his tent had to be put away that evening, he got the hump and spat out "that's a stupid good idea" ( to much parental sniggers)

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

Was making the dinner tonight and my 3.5 yo said “great job mammy” ❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

While having breakfast this morning my boy (almost 2.5) was singing along to "Mustang Salad" (Sally) on the radio

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

3 year old last night after tucking into bed and I'd stepped in to hall "You know what"... "what"... "I love mama" ❤️

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 BigPoppaDump

18 month old was having a meltdown about something the other day.

32 month old chimes up "settle down chicken licken, its ok"

Advertisement