Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My grandson today,going around eating off everyones plate.He started with his dad,came to me and then went to his mam.Munching away.Then my son came in and had his dinner.While my grandson giving him the eye,robs chips off his plate and runs.You forget how funny they are at this age.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

6 year old son had a question in his homework
    When do you feel safe?
    Answer: when I'm watching you tube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 BigPoppaDump

Sitting here watching the gruffalo with the little lad. He is obsessed with all the Julia Donaldson books (I am a bit too tbh)

Anyway, at the scene when the owl swoops down to try and grab the mouse, he suddenly starts pointing and shouting at the tv, "no owl, you are being so naughty, I'm telling mum!!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Saysay19

My 11 week old was asleep in her pod in the corner of sofa while I was tidying the floor. She started to whimper and before I got up to her 6 year old took her hand and started rubbing it telling her “ it’s ok pet mammy will get your lovely bottle for you in a jiffy”

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Listrydude

My 8 year old at Communion mass last night with my wife and the Priest was asking about what happens if you do something wrong... My son, brazen as, points at my wife and says "She would kill me!" The whole place erupted in laughter. Thankfully herself saw the funny side!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

Son’s belly rumbles, he asks what’s that sound? I ask are you hungry? He says no my belly is just telling me a story

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Half pint broke down tonight at bedtime. Thought he was being bold because he couldn't go play with his friends. He's 8. So we're going to facetime everyone in his class, one a night for the next 30 nights. And so on. Judging by the whatsapp messages, they're all in the same boat.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

My little boy just asked me 'is the corona virus over yet?'

:(

The five year old here says he misses his friends, but it's okay "because Daddy is here all the time now". (Working from home.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

The five year old here says he misses his friends, but it's okay "because Daddy is here all the time now". (Working from home.)

Every cloud :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

My two sons this morning

8 year old:. I just hit myself in the privates. How do I make it better?

10 year old: Hit them again.

:rolleyes: :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I got a new suit recently and my daughter started to call it my 'handsome clothes'.

We were going out to the park 2 weeks ago and she says 'Dad will you wear your handsome clothes?'

I asked why

'Because you don't look fat when you wear them.'

High praise

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

I asked my 7 yr old to draw a picture of his ideal house (Part of his 1st class geography work) He said "mam i'm finished" the page was blank, i said you didn't do as you were asked, his reply "its a secret agent house and its invisible" :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭appledrop

elly123 wrote: »
    I asked my 7 yr old to draw a picture of his ideal house (Part of his 1st class geography work) He said "mam i'm finished" the page was blank, i said you didn't do as you were asked, his reply "its a secret agent house and its invisible" :):):)

He is one smart child!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

Daddy is a lucky ducky, he has lots of pennies..... (if only it was that easy lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Our 2 year 9 month old lady has a severe speech delay but seems to be making progress. On Monday she started saying a full and proper 'Miaow'. It was absolutely heart meltingly wonderful.

We've gone from the above to No, Go, Now, Eddie (toy train), Bob (toy cart), Dino for her T-Rex, Baa, Moo, Miaow animal sounds and tons more. Some of them aren't clear. For example cookie is guggie but she's making progress.

She got a new T-Rex this week and the last two nights she's woken up in the middle of the night and when you go into her she makes a roaring noise. When you give it to her she goes straight back to sleep.

507976.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

We've gone from the above to No, Go, Now, Eddie (toy train), Bob (toy cart), Dino for her T-Rex, Baa, Moo, Miaow animal sounds and tons more. Some of them aren't clear. For example cookie is guggie but she's making progress.

She got a new T-Rex this week and the last two nights she's woken up in the middle of the night and when you go into her she makes a roaring noise. When you give it to her she goes straight back to sleep.

507976.jpg

I've been you and celebrate all those developments. Speech development can be slow but it sounds like she's making great strides.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

16mth old and 3 yr old stroll into kitchen looking for snacks. 6yr old “Mam, please, I can’t deal with this pair anymore”.

Here here my girl. Here here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

With all this stuff going on I can only have vid calls with my 23month(yes Im holding onto the month)
    Tough as very little interest in me when via vid call at her age. She disappears early on in call, off into the background. When I ask her if she wants to say "bye" out of nowhere she legs it over, back on screen and tries to give the phone a massive kiss.

Makes it all worth it.

My 2 said they wanted to send the free postcards to the garda station and the hospital, to say well done for all the hard work. Posted them on Wednesday. Saturday morning we were heading out on a walk, got 2 Easter eggs and a note on the door step from the station. We've cycled up to the station with bananas and chocolate to keep their energy levels up. Got stopped at a checkpoint earlier and half pint winds down the window and bellows "thumbs up for the Easter eggs girls."

They look at me, and I said "he gets that from the mother's side of the family."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭scarepanda

My 3 year old is all about frozen and magic powers and the like. She's always using her magic powers on whatever is going through her head in that moment.

We Also have an almost 1 year old and the one year old has started copying the 3 year old throwing up her hand and making magic power noise!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Pearlstone

Had to collect my four year old granddaughter from play school shortly before all schools closed and we were chatting away about her day in school. I asked her if she would like to be a teacher when she grew up. “No” she says, “first I was going to be a tooth fairy but that would be too hard coz you need the wings and be able to do magic but you will be very proud when I tell you what it is that I want to be. I want to be a Nurse”. Her Mum is a Nurse so I might have guessed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

We recently let the near 3 year old watch Disneys jungle book. He naturally fell in love with everything about it. Yesterday his 20 month old sister who is an ultra wind up merchant grabbed something off him that he was playing with and went running. The boy let's a roar at her "GIVE ME BACK MY MANCUB!!!!"

Not exactly what my kids said.Im getting the school lunches for the kids.
    Today their school principal knocked and handed in the boxes.

3 boxes as I've 3 kids.Anyway I told them it was the teacher dropping off some schoolwork.Their faces where a picture.😂.I got them good.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

Was watching some program about a tent prison in America and the governor was saying he has space for alot more prisoners as all they have to do is extend the fence, my 9 year old turns around and says " gosh that guy really loves collecting people"

Cycled up to the garda station this morning with more bananas and wine gums, in our Halloween costumes. I was a werewolf, big paw slippers and all. 8 year old says don't eat them all in the one go, 6 year old says if you're good, we'll bring up ice creams next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭JimboJones99

Out in the garden with my recently turned 4 year old son watering plants. Whilst waiting for a bucket to fill, my son stuck his hand into the water and exclaimed "Jeeeeesus its cold". I corrected him and said he shouldn't say Jesus so he asked me what was a good word to say. I told him to say Oh my God instead. He sticks his hand back in the bucket and goes "Oh my God, the water is fecking freezing"

I give up, especially as I am 100% to blame for his language.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Out in the garden with my recently turned 4 year old son watering plants. Whilst waiting for a bucket to fill, my son stuck his hand into the water and exclaimed "Jeeeeesus its cold". I corrected him and said he shouldn't say Jesus so he asked me what was a good word to say. I told him to say Oh my God instead. He sticks his hand back in the bucket and goes "Oh my God, the water is fecking freezing"

So funny, so true and my house is the exact same. Early on we gave up and just said no bad language outside house. Especially not around Nana. Funnily enough kids sports coaches have commented that my children don’t use bad language and the worst offenders are the ones whose parents say their children would never ever do such a thing.

My grandson hes 19 months old.We where having a bbq the other day.And my gs comes out rubbing his eyes.I thought he was crying.He grabs my hand,brings me inside he house.All the while im asking him if hes crying.

Gets me inside,smiling and points to the marshmellows.Cute wagon,pretended to cry so i would give him food.Hes going far:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

My 2 year old has started saying Oh Jesus Christ slightly under his breath with a very familiar (and frustrated) intonation. Oops!

Advertisement