Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPA Calculation

• 08-09-2009 5:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭

Does anyone know what is the equivalent gpa grades to the letter grades? I had four repeats to do but I only needed .16 to get my gpa up to the needed 1.66 to pass the year. I am totally unbelievably certain I passed one exam and I'm fairly confident I passed the rest.

Also I really want to get my gpa up this year (actually going to work, such a shock to the system) so I can leave next year.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

• A == 80-100 == 4.00
    • B+ == 70-79 == 3.50
    • B == 60-69 == 3.00
    • B- == 55-59 == 2.75
    • C+ == 50-54 == 2.50
    • C == 40-49 == 2.00
    • D == 35-39 == 1.50
    • F == <35 == 0.00

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Drodan

Awesome thanks man! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭nVid

Drodan wrote: »
    up to the needed 1.66 to pass the year.

You need a 2.0 average GPA absolute minimum to pass, then a 2.5 for any add-on's.
    That 1.66 is a cut off point, you'll need to apply to your course co-ordinator to continue.

Compesatory Pass = 1.5
    Pass = 2.0

Make sure you aim much higher than your current 1.5!

I should be well over the 1.5 alright, saw on the website that people who had repeats who attained a minimum of 1.66 could carry stuff forward. I dunno tis all very confusing.

Btw the website is down, could this mean the results link is being posted by any chance? Could be the college trying to make it look fancy though either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭nVid

Drodan wrote: »
    Btw the website is down, could this mean the results link is being posted by any chance?

Site's back up, no links untill after 14th I think, around 18th for repeat results. You can only have 2 carry overs per semester so if you fail more than 2 in one semester you will be repeating one module on its own next year :eek:.

I hope its your first year if not, tut tut :P but c.a is the key

• Advertisement

Yeah it was my first year, tried to see if I could get through it with no work what so ever, turns out ya need a little bit. Plus it's less than 2 per semester and I'm pretty positive I did very well on two of them so I should be grand, fingers crossed.

Advertisement