Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revamped Tesco Poleberry

• 08-09-2009 5:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if people think, like me, that the revamped Tesco Poleberry is crap. I was expecting alot more considering all the wasted space that was there before. However the have made the floorspace smaller, smaller range of products and the checkout area is a total disaster, no room to queue. It was always a handy place for me to shop but I much rather Ardkeen now.:)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Think we have a topic on this already, though I could be imagining things.

Not a fan of the revamped Tesco. Much smaller and cramped - a complete waste of space now. They took some chunk away, and now Tramore is bigger then it. If anything its now just like a Spar or Centra style place. Didn't think lifestyle would hang about tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I haven't been in there but I'm very impressed with tesco out in ardkeen of late from a retail point of view. I mean everything is well stocked and faced and the place is spotless. Fair play to them out there.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I visited it yesterday, the checkout area is gone to the dogs, small amount of people means its packed and hard to get by

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

ye its rubbish down there aisles are too small,everythings on top of other things,totally poor layout,they have the fruit and veg,bread etc in the wrong spot,it should be over on the other side along with the checkouts.think the layout before was better,just lack of goods is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

It is an odd place. Seems much smaller, more cramped aisles and a somewhat strange layout of aisles. Seems busier than I've ever seen it though. Maybe just because it's "new."

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭manus30

ardkeen is far and away the best store in waterford. loads of local produce and homemade food. only negative is that its pricey. they really have created a niche market, fair play to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

http://www.bized.co.uk/current/leisure/2004_5/140305.htm

A good read for anyone perplexed as to why the new Poleberry is layed out as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Woodgate

AdMMM wrote: »
    A good read for anyone perplexed as to why the new Poleberry is layed out as it is.
    I wouldn't think anyone from Tesco read it either. Current layout would put people off rather than encourage them.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭MrLuke

Although it has its bad points, its a massive step up from what it was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

on the way in it was bright and impressive until i got into the store itself its way too small and a very small store imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Agree that Ardkeen is way better, but what about those ppl who live nearby Poleberry? They do their shopping there.. The place is rubbish tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Triona23

Although I live near Tesco Ardkeen, I go to Tesco Poleberry about three times a week on my way home from work. I find it quicker to park, shop and get out again, and its adequate for my needs on those days. At the weekends when I have a longer time to shop, I would go to Tesco Ardkeen for the wider choice of products, (but the parking drives me crazy).:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Used to always go to tesco in poleberry, but then the things I wanted they seemed to not have so tried tesco in ardkeen and its much better and stayed with them and I have noticed as of this week their prices are even lower than before. Did'nt see the revamped store in poleberry but when the odd time that I used to go there it felt a bit odd:confused:. Ardkeen is better I think, James.

P.S there is no problem with parking in ardkeen triona.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Triona23

jimmyw wrote: »
    Used to always go to tesco in poleberry, but then the things I wanted they seemed to not have so tried tesco in ardkeen and its much better and stayed with them and I have noticed as of this week their prices are even lower than before. Did'nt see the revamped store in poleberry but when the odd time that I used to go there it felt a bit odd:confused:. Ardkeen is better I think, James.

P.S there is no problem with parking in ardkeen triona.

I know there is no problem with the actual carpark in Ardkeen stores James, its the way, as discussed in the other post, that some people are parking. I had such a near miss the other day because my view was restricted by people parking at the ends where the lines are, it just does my head in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I know triona, but you will get idiots everywhere and in all carparks. The other thing that p**ses me off is the way people park their trolleys in the store. They leave them at all angles and are looking up at the shelves and dont keep them tidy against the shelves. Or leave them anywhere and walk halfway across the store. LEAVE THEM CLOSE TO THE SHELVE :mad: for crying out load!!!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

See also: buggies

See also: buggies and troillies together, blocking an entire aisle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

jimmyw wrote: »
    Used to always go to tesco in poleberry, but then the things I wanted they seemed to not have so tried tesco in ardkeen and its much better and stayed with them and I have noticed as of this week their prices are even lower than before. Did'nt see the revamped store in poleberry but when the odd time that I used to go there it felt a bit odd:confused:.

I never did understand why Tesco took over a flagship store and trashed it?

More people seem to have stopped going there because Tesco slowly cut off the stores life blood - its stock - than any other reason so any reduction in customer numbers is Tesco's own fault to the extent that it seems they wanted to make the store crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,633 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wait til Xmas time lol thats goin to be fun

Advertisement