Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

custody

Options
  • 08-09-2009 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

has anybody had experience of seeking custody of their child? Does anyone know of an unmarried father getting custody of a child? How does a judge decide? How long has it taken to go through the courts? Advice for an unmarried father seeking custody would be really appreciated. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭sweetswing

im going through the same problem my self mate if you pm me i will give ya a number of people who can help .there is help out there your not alone

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Boatman2010

Hi ,

I Just registered today.I dont even know how the site works yet.

I have been granted guardianship of our child.The mother reluctantly done this.I am now thinking of applying for full custody as i am the full time live at home carer for my child.I love my child very much and i have such a strong bond between us.

The mother never really had a bond as she in her hearts of hearts did not want a child ....wasnt planned.She is now thinking of moving in with her friends - .Unfortunatly she is influenced by them as they still have their lives as she sees it .She has nothing planned in the line of where my child will sleep,who will be looking after him if she is at work,who will pick him up from creche ..if she bothers to send him..They are all twenty somethings and just want to have parties and so on.She goes and stays with them regurally and never phones to see how our child is.She is a foreign national and likes to be with her own ...I wouldnt be surprised if she sleeping with one of the guys in this house as they are all very secretive and never talk in english.

I live in my own house and have my familly living close by.My child is nearly 3 and has a great relationship with all of my familly especially his nan.He is due to start playschool soon.He has a great familly stable life here.The mother is looking to move and ruin all of this,just so she can be with her cool friends .She is acting so immature..

She is not talking although i know what she is planning as she is not very good at hiding information.I have tried everything i can to save the relationship.I feel that she thinks the grass is greener and likes her friends way of life as it seems attractive.

What can i do.........!

It seems the mother is always granted the child.Please Help if you can guys...

Thanks....

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Boatman2010

I hope this thread can be seen by others as i am totally newe to this site.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I hope this thread can be seen by others as i am totally newe to this site.

Your posts and this thread can be seen by everyone, yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Boatman2010 you've have a thread on tis already so I am going to lock this one.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement