Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats a relevant sample size for SnGs

Options
  • 08-09-2009 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi guys I have played 6 man turbo SnGs fairly sparsely over the last year and a half. I used to play mainly the 6's but have begun playing 12's more recently and things have gone pretty well for me. When I begun I didn't have a clue about bankroll management and played way out of my bankroll and somehow didn't go bust.

My sharkscope now looks like this

apxvie 1,466 $1 $9 13% $1,744 - 71 PokerStars SNG Only x

I DONT MEAN THIS AS A BRAG(it wouldn't be much of a brag anyway)

what I want to know is 13% roi sustainable in the 12's 6 man turbos or am I due a downswing soon.

I realise that this may be a bit like asking how long is a piece of string but any informative replies would be greatly appreciated.

Also is 1500 sngs a relative sample??

Ultimately Im trying to decide whether I should be dedicating more time to playing poker and sng poker in particular.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Theres some discussion about achievable SNG ROI's over on 2+2, and from what I recall 13% would be considered at the very very upper end of what realistics long term on Stars at $11s.

I play the $15+1 and I think the very best player there over a 5 figure sample is sippen_criss at 12% ROI.

As for a good sample, I'd say 1000 is a reasonably good sample but the time frame is important as well.
    If any of those 1000 are more than 6 months ago then you can exclude them as the play is just getting so much better almost every month. What was achievable as an ROI in winter 2008 won't be achievable in winter 2009.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭noaces

Thanks Armani Jeans. I wasn't aware that the level of play was improving at that rate. I will try and get busy fast so.

Advertisement