Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it Brackton Hicks I'm Experiencing?

• 08-09-2009 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi I'm Paula i'm just over 22 weeks pregnant on my second preg... I started to get pretty intense cramps that felt like contractions but i went to the hospital last night and they sent me home saying it was just cramps... I was wondering has anyone experienced these types of pains and it turned out that you were in early labour..I'm still quite worried about it as i had a miscarraige in december and i've been getting pains all day today to.. Could it be just a bug or do you think i should go back to the hospital? Thanks for reading this much appreciate your replies :).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Hi Paula.
    I've no experience of same. If you've been to hospital and they said it's just cramps then it probably just is. But if you're really worried and they don't go away by tomorrow morning, give them another ring and ask to be seen to again. Tell them your fears. Or even get your GP to refer you to A&E with a letter in the morning.

Hope everything is ok.

Adrieanne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

i'm 22 weeks this week Paula and i'Ve started getting a few cramps as well. I'm being told that its probably just your womb stretching making room for your growing baby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

My mrs is cramping also. She's at 21 weeks. Apparently you can feel the braxton hicks earlier in your 2nd or subsequent pregnancies. If you're concerned though you should get a 2nd opinion. Head to your GP maybe? I always think the peace of mind you get is worth the (lots of!) money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I'm 35 weeks and have been getting weird painless feelings in the tummy. Very hard to describe but like period pain and gas combined. Never had Braxton Hicks on the last two so not sure if thats what it is. Went to doc though and all ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

at 22 weeks I was getting weird pains down my stomach it was my uterus stretching I think. Am now 37 weeks and have excruciating lower back pain cant sleep with it hence why I'm on this so late:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement