Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Megaupload

• 08-09-2009 6:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭

Do eircom have a maximum download speed for megaupload? I was gettin roughly 700kb/s download speeds so decided to purchase premium. I still get the exact same. I'm using eircoms 7mb broadband (and I already know that it's not megabyte but in fact mega bit).

Anyone know more about this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

That's the max download speed of 7 meg broadband (give or take). A premium account on megaupload won't increase it, getting faster broadband will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

bevan619 wrote: »
    Do eircom have a maximum download speed for megaupload? I was gettin roughly 700kb/s download speeds so decided to purchase premium. I still get the exact same. I'm using eircoms 7mb broadband (and I already know that it's not megabyte but in fact mega bit).

Anyone know more about this?

On 7mb you would see max 800kbs per second. You are getting 700 which is most likely due to contention etc. Not sure why you upgraded to premium to be honest your connection won't really go any faster than what you are getting on standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭bevan619

Well I still get unlimited downloads. eircom is upgrading 7 meg to 12 meg anyways. All speeds are to be upgraded. Must be why they keep crashing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

eircom is upgrading 7 meg to 12 meg anyways. All speeds are to be upgraded

Source? First I've heard of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

That link is broken.

edit: in fact the entire website appears to be down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

:rolleyes: That was last yr, the 3Mbit package was upgraded to 7.6. Suprised that page is still up

Edit, its down now, heres a screenie of what it said as I've it still open

90284.PNG

So why isn't my 7mb 12mb now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Eircom's efficiency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

They upgraded your speed from 3mb to 7mb about a year ago. You're not getting 12mb.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

12Mbit is the old 6Mbit Business connection package. You got upgraded from 3Mbit to 7.6Mbit last yr. After the terrible problems that came because of upgrades they created a second 7Mbit package with a lower upload speed and sligtly better pings, hence there's two 7Mbit packages, 7 and 7.6, You could be on either

I get 2.5mb/s on MegaUpload now with the same package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭hello932

is that eircom link for real?

i thought my landline was only a 3mb line so i got the perlico 3mb deal with a 12 month contract-i just went to the eircom site and checked line-now it says i can get 7mb dsl with eircom-what the ****?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭yy885

well I am using eircom Broadband Home Plus 3mb sice 3 years ago...I am living in Co.Cork Douglas.

Broadband Enabled Exchanges in my area was started...

but mine connrction is still... 608373405.png

I have to contact to eircom to do an upgrade?

or I have to do the upgrade here?
    9708.jpg

I cant ring to them as my english isnt good...anyone have the contact email for the eircom customer service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭iknorr

hmmm is this just business or domestic also?

has anyone got an answer to the last post?

iknorr wrote: »
    hmmm is this just business or domestic also?

has anyone got an answer to the last post?

I'm using a domestic connection.

Advertisement