Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to eat packed lunch

Options
  • 08-09-2009 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi All,
    I intend bringing my own lunch from next week but haven't noticed anywhere quiet to sit and eat it. I'm mostly in the Arts building but perhaps there's somewhere wonderful in one of the other buildings that you'd like to recommend.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I liked the stats dept. which is on the fifth floor of the lift you get to the left of the library entrance. Look for the sign saying audio visual centre!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I just eat mine on a random patch of grass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭AlanSparrowhawk

ate lunch in that place beside the book shop (kinda) loads of vending machines and a pair of toilets outside. su shop i think, sell coffee and tea and newsagentcy stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

I thought that the fast-food restaurant beside the student centre was alright, they have nice seats and tables outside. Only €4.90 for Kentucky Fried Chicken, chips and a drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭AlanSparrowhawk

Michaelrsh wrote: »
    I thought that the fast-food restaurant beside the student centre was alright, they have nice seats and tables outside. Only €4.90 for Kentucky Fried Chicken, chips and a drink.

wouldn't want to be eating that every day at lunch. come in as a fresher weighing 10 stone leave weighing 15

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

To fight stats' corner...it has soft, cushioned seats! Yes you heard me, cushioned :D Outside the SU shop always felt like a railway station to me, too impersonal and uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

To fight stats' corner...it has soft, cushioned seats! Yes you heard me, cushioned :D Outside the SU shop always felt like a railway station to me, too impersonal and uncomfortable.
    Don't be telling people about stats!

The sculpture on the bench on the opposite side of the lake from the library is a good one on sunny days, just hang your coat over statue lady's face.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Downstairs in the restaurant, instead of going up the stairs, you go behind them, and go down. Theres couches and chairs and whatnot, depending on when you go it can be nice and quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

there is also a room in beside 911. sometimes has the tv on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Quiet places I know include the top floor of the Science Hub, and the far side of the lake near O'Reilly Hall.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Downstairs in the restaurant, instead of going up the stairs, you go behind them, and go down. Theres couches and chairs and whatnot, depending on when you go it can be nice and quiet

That's where I eat mine.
    Not a bad spot for a bit of reading also, time depending of course...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

I havn't had to eat my lunch in UCD yet...

Where's the best deli? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Loadsa free benches near theatre Q. The couches across from theatre L are always full.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭pepsi1234

The tables in the Conway institute in front of Insomnia. Alternatively, upstairs in the Quinn building (beside Insomnia). If you haven't bothered to pack a lunch one day you can always then grab something in Insomnia. I think they still do the any sandwich + coffee for 5 euro deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

doly wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I intend bringing my own lunch from next week but haven't noticed anywhere quiet to sit and eat it. I'm mostly in the Arts building but perhaps there's somewhere wonderful in one of the other buildings that you'd like to recommend.

just go out exploring!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 doly

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will absolutely go exploring but UCD is such a big place that it's great to have an idea where to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

has to be the rendezvous beneath the restaurant

Advertisement