Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G-shock MTG problem.

Options
  • 08-09-2009 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,great to see a watch forum on boards.ie,never realised we had one until i was googling around trying to solve my problem.

Anyways,hopefully someone here may be able to help me. I bought my 2nd G-shock last week while in New York,it's an MTG 1000-1A. Gorgeous looking watch but the problem i'm having is its timekeeping is all over the place. I've set London as the home city and manually changed the time but every night when it updates it goes forward +2hrs and 22minutes. Updates date etc perfectly but the time is wrecking my head. Dst is on auto,i've set it to on and off but still no joy.I've fiddled around with the settings to try fix it,downloaded the manual from casio in case the paper one was wrong but still to no avail.

If anyone has come across this problem before or knows a fix i'd be deeply grateful.

IMG_0026.jpg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭spree

Hi there

I have a similiar G Shock and have had a problem getting the date to change at midnight. It was changing about 2 hours later. It also had the same problem of the time changing it seemed of its own accord.
    However when I brought it back to the shop they hadnt got a clue how to set it.
    Anyway emailed Casio in and they pointed me to a section in the operating manual called Adjusting The Home Positions, basicly it tells you how to reset time date city and so on. It may not be be problem but see if your manual has the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

spree wrote: »
    Hi there

I have a similiar G Shock and have had a problem getting the date to change at midnight. It was changing about 2 hours later. It also had the same problem of the time changing it seemed of its own accord.
    However when I brought it back to the shop they hadnt got a clue how to set it.
    Anyway emailed Casio in and they pointed me to a section in the operating manual called Adjusting The Home Positions, basicly it tells you how to reset time date city and so on. It may not be be problem but see if your manual has the same.

I emailed their US support section and they explained how to do it,i was changing the time myself when adjusting the home positions instead of leaving both hands at 12!! It's flying now,updates every night not a bother.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Glad to see that sorted. Niiice looking watch. Even though I'm a crusty vintage watch type I always loved the G shock.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement