Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom wireless password?

Options
  • 08-09-2009 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

hi,

just got a new toshiba laptop because my old laptop didnt have wireless. anyway, ive tried in 2 different houses now (my parents and the one im currently renting) and everytime i try to connect to wireless it asks for a password/code. both my parents and my landlord dont know of any passwords and they both use wireless on their laptops. im not sure what to do? it says that the person that set up the connection can tell you the password?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Connect the ethernet cable if you have it to your laptop and type - 192.168.1.254 into your browser address bar. It should bring you to the modem interface, click wireless on the left hand side and you should see "Pre-shared key", it's a big 26 character password. That'll be your wireless password.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Connect the ethernet cable if you have it to your laptop and type - 192.168.1.254 into your browser address bar. It should bring you to the modem interface, click wireless on the left hand side and you should see "Pre-shared key", it's a big 26 character password. That'll be your wireless password.
    Correct, although it will say Encryption Key for the 26 character WEP and Pre-Shared Key for a WPA Password.

Advertisement