Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP!! Unable to post!!

Options
  • 08-09-2009 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭

Hi,

I've just finished building a pc and attempted to post to see what/if anything was broken.

I installed a Radeon HD4350 card and hooked up my monitor to it.

When I turned the power on, a green light on the mobo came on.
    Once I hit the on button, the fans powered up, I could hear the Hard drives spinning, but no monitor came on and there were no beeps whatsoever.

Does anyone know:

A: How to get the monitor working so I can see what happening? (Should it be plug and play - I haven't any OS installed yet). I plugged the card in to the PCI-E slot (There were no other connectors in the box to hook up).

B: Why there're no beeps? (I plugged out the HDD's to get some beeps going!!).

Could there be a problem with the mobo?

Should there be a connection from the PSU to the mobo for the Graphics card? (I've plugged in the "eps/atvx12v 4pin connector - I presume this is to power the graphics card?).

The Mobo is an Asus p5ql pro.
    The PSU is a corsair 450w.
    2x2GB's RAM.
    2x1TB's HDD's.
    Radeon HD4350 Graphics card.

Thanks for any advice!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

You have to plug the pci-e power cable into the graphics card from the power supply unit. it's thispcie8.jpg

but two of the points on your one will be movable

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Er, HD4350. Thise are for HTPC use, not gaming, and need sweet eff-all power so PCIe power connectors don't even come into it :P

The first 75W of power for the first graphics card is provided via the main 20/24pin connector. The EPS conector is for the 12V supply for your CPU ;) If that ain't connected properly things won't boot.

The really annoying bit is that a P5QL has no video, so the only way to prove an issue with the card is to find a second graphics card :rolleyes: Try swapping cables (DVI/VGA etc.), reinserting the card. hitting Del/F1/F2/F10 etc. and pray a BIOS screen pops up. Oh, and common fix, once the card is back in yank out the CMOS battery for a minute to reset the BIOS then put it back in and try powering it on again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Solitaire wrote: »
    Er, HD4350. Thise are for HTPC use, not gaming, and need sweet eff-all power so PCIe power connectors don't even come into it :P

Really! Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭ninjasurfer1

Thanks for the comments,

Unfortunately,no joy as of yet. tried unplugging all of the various bits but still no joy. Neither the mobo or the case has a pc speaker. Would ye know where I could make/get one to hear if its posting in the background?

Advertisement