Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Media Update Required - 51-C00DF236

• 08-09-2009 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭

I don't have xbox live so I can't play .avi's off my extenal hard drive.
    anyone got any idea's?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yup.

1. Open browser.
    2. Go to google.
    3. Search for "manual OS updates for xbox 360"
    4. Download file and follow instructions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Perrin

Thanks a this is the first page
    http://www.xbox.com/hi-IN/support/xbox360hardware/programs/console_update/softwareupdates.htm

Anyone know do I have to update using a cd or can I use usb key?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Either of the two... but you can update without having a Gold a/c AFAIK

Damn it just updates my dashboard.....booo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

Had this problem myself mate, I'm afraid there's nothing you can do about it without xbox live!
    One possible solution (don't even know if it would work, but worth a try) would be to just bring your hard drive over to a friend's who does have live, try to watch an AVI and hope it downloads to the harddrive :p
    Sorry!

• Advertisement

Kazuma wrote: »
    Had this problem myself mate, I'm afraid there's nothing you can do about it without xbox live!
    One possible solution (don't even know if it would work, but worth a try) would be to just bring your hard drive over to a friend's who does have live, try to watch an AVI and hope it downloads to the harddrive :p
    Sorry!

Thought as much,d'oh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Download TVersity and set it to transcode everything, that should do the trick for you

Download TVersity and set it to transcode everything, that should do the trick for you

Ya I did,xbox doesn't recognise it,see's the laptop name alrite but not tversity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Kazuma wrote: »
    One possible solution (don't even know if it would work, but worth a try) would be to just bring your hard drive over to a friend's who does have live, try to watch an AVI and hope it downloads to the harddrive

Nah this doesn't work, I tried it before. The media update is a system update so it must install on the xbox console itself. Game-specific updates however are installed on the HD so it would work in that case. All you can do is bring your entire xbox to a friends house :o

Advertisement