Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xtra Vision Sony Deal

• 08-09-2009 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

They're selling a Sony Full HD LCD 40" TV and blu-ray for only €999.99

Sounds good to me!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Hunty wrote: »
    They're selling a Sony Full HD LCD 40" TV and blu-ray for only €999.99

Sounds good to me!

Do you know what the model numbers of the TV and Blu-ray player are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Hunty

No sorry. I'm not really that technically inclined about the whole TV/Blu-ray thing so I didn't pay too much attention. Just thought it seemed decent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Its an S series. They can keep it.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, S series is quite poor IMO. The V-series is much better, before going up to W-series and above.

JDxtra wrote: »
    Its an S series. They can keep it.
    byte wrote: »
    Yeah, S series is quite poor IMO. The V-series is much better, before going up to W-series and above.

I wouldn't want an an S series TV, but they would be fine for the average consumer. In saying that, the XtraVision price seems a bit steep, considering Komplett have the Sony KDL-40S5600 LCD TV for €732 and the Sony BDP-S360 Blu-ray player for €250, amounting to €982. Given these facts, I doubt the XtraVision deal, until I'm advised otherwise, is that great a "deal" at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I reckon it is the Sony BDP-S350 which they were selling for €200, but I could be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Hunty

Shows how little I know!

Thought it seemed good!

Hunty wrote: »
    Shows how little I know!

Thought it seemed good!

To be fair, it does seem good on face value; it's only until the finer details are discovered that it starts going south. Cheers for the information though Hunty. ;)

Advertisement