Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus to Shannon

Options
  • 08-09-2009 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭

Need to fly from Shannon at 0930.

Checked Citylink timetable and see the 0530 bus in asterisk, but no real detail on that.

Is anyone sure that there is an 0530 one?

Also, where exactly do they depart from?

I have tried telephoning, but their office closed.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Andrea B. wrote: »
    Need to fly from Shannon at 0930.

Checked Citylink timetable and see the 0530 bus in asterisk, but no real detail on that.

Is anyone sure that there is an 0530 one?

Also, where exactly do they depart from?

I have tried telephoning, but their office closed.

Many thanks.

CityLink go from the new Bus Station on Forster Street, where webworks is...

If there is a bus in the timetable, i would trust it, but some of the very early morning servces are pre-book only....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Thanks.
    I'm now worried:cool:

I tried to book online and I get following link.

Does anybody know what exactly "closed" means for the 0530?

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭BJohnson

Andrea B. wrote: »
    Thanks.
    I'm now worried:cool:

I tried to book online and I get following link.

Does anybody know what exactly "closed" means for the 0530?

Many thanks

I just checked out the schedule, and you should be fine for getting the 0530 bus. I've tried buying tickets off their website before, and it never worked for me. It could be because it's after-hours now, but that just seems to be the way it is with City Link. Show up 10 mins before the bus leaves and you should be able to buy a ticket from the driver.

I really think if that 0530 bus wasn't a regular one, they wouldn't list it at all. The fact that all of the other pick-up times along that route are listed must mean it's part of the schedule. I agree though, that asterisk needs to be better explained.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Scroll down the page a bit, and there's a red box, with an * and a message that says "Extra Services Fares from €13".

The front page of their site talks about the 0500 from Galway-Cork being cancelled from May, and the timetable for that is up to date, ie doesn't show that service.

So I'd guess it's fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Did ya make it? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

a 05.30 bus for a 09.30 flight??

They really need to add a 06.30 bus to that service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Thanks to all. There was an 0530 bus.

Advertisement