Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Hook interviewing EOS at UL?

• 08-09-2009 8:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭

I've heard that George Hook will be interviewing former Ireland Rugby head coach Eddie O'Sullivan in UL on Thursday as part of his show "The Right Hook".

Any truth in this?

If yes, where/when will it take place?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

There doesn't appear to be anything about it on his newstalk page. Your best bet is to either ask in the Foundation buildings ticket office about it or ring up newstalk, here's there contact page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Have an audience invite but can't go

The interviewees are:

Eddie O'Sullivan, Paul O'Connell, Keith Wood, Matt English, CEO Special Olympics Ireland

Just e-mailed them for a ticket.

Any chance I can get in being a regular UL student?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭unichick

I rang reception in UL there and it's on at 12 today. It's on in the common room of the Millstream building. It's ticket only but she said that you could still try and get in and stand at the back maybe! Worth a try anyway.

• Advertisement

Newstalk 106 - 108FM will broadcast The Right Hook Show with George Hook from the University of Limerick ,10th September, 2009.
    The broadcast will celebrate the launch of the 2010 Ireland Special Olympics in Limerick.
    Time: Broadcast from 4.30pm - 7. 00pm

[SIZE=+0]Guests: [/SIZE]
    George Hook talks with Eddie O’Sullivan , Special Olympics representatives Paul O’Connell & Keith Wood and former European Commissioner, Pat Cox on the Lisbon Referendum .

First come first served seating as far as I know

Got an invite.

Happy days. :)

Off to frisbee training after. :pac:

How did u get an invite? I heard it's first come first served!

unichick wrote: »
    How did u get an invite? I heard it's first come first served!

Sent them an e-mail last night, they replied an hour ago and they told me my name is on the list!

Happy Days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Saw Keith Wood walk out just there and some guy fly off in a helicoptor outside my window.
    I guess it was Cox who used the helicoptor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

pwd wrote: »
    I guess it was Cox who used the helicoptor?
    I strongly suspect that was Denis O'Brien - I at least know for definite he arrived in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

Saw the set up but didn't go look in.
    Had Karate but saw the helicopter alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

Pat Cox actually drove down and was late so he had to get audience participation!!!
    The helicopter was probably for Minister of something, Mary Hannifan, who was launchin special olympics ireland 2010, which was the reason the show was held in limerick in teh first place!

I saw Mary Hanafin leaving by car so it wasn't her. Someone said Denis O'Brien and I'd say it could have been him.

I know someone who participated. George Hook was a great laugh and a lot more friendly than Eddie O'Sullivan. He ran out of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blondiegirl2009

Was this good? I would only hear about it when its over of course:)

Ya it was very good. George Hook is some character. It was great to see how everything works. EOS interview was very good. Pat Cox and Keith Wood also entertaining.

Advertisement