Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's Watty?

Options
  • 08-09-2009 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭

A few days ago I saw a post "Why I am leaving Boards" or similar by Watty. It was a rather long post, and I think it was in Feedback - pretty sure. However, it seems to have evaporated. I was curious to read any responses etc, but now it doesn't show on his history, or by search. What's the story?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Watty decided to leave boards. He was a good moderator, putting an amazing amount of time tin to build up the community in for forums he moderated, and even by that high standard a great contributor and he'll be missed.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I can't see him anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

There he is.

Top left corner.

Over to the right a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I posted in a goodbye Hagar thread that was posted here when he stood down, that thread has been deleted too from what I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

In before this is deleted.

Watty, Hagar. Not good. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

If this thread is deleted I will have lost the last of my respect for the admins on this site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I doubt they will lose any sleep:cool:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Oh you're so wrong FlutterinBantam.
    I'm going to loose at least a week. Perhaps two!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

nipplenuts wrote: »
    A few days ago I saw a post "Why I am leaving Boards" or similar by Watty. It was a rather long post, and I think it was in Feedback - pretty sure. However, it seems to have evaporated. I was curious to read any responses etc, but now it doesn't show on his history, or by search. What's the story?

Hi nipplenuts,what was the tone of wattys post?was he angry,or just not want responsibility anymore?I know a thread he closed was reopened,might it have been that?

whatever the reason he will be sorely missed,he really knew his stuff and many times explained things to me with really comprehensive replys.
    :(

As sceptre said above. He decided to leave.
    Whenever he's ready to come back, he is more than welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

ynotdu wrote: »
    what was the tone of wattys post?
    blah blah blah...tried to resolve this via Helpdesk...blah blah blah...going to the press over this...blah blah blah...didn't get my quota of hookers and coke this month...

I thought it was a wind-up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Is Hagar gone as well:eek:

Obviously my 16 hours a day on here are not enough to keep up. Must try harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

You need a Cliffs Notes version of boards methinks.

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Obviously my 16 hours a day on here are not enough to keep up. Must try harder.

You're obviously hanging out in the wrong forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

ive never heard of watty, so by default that makes him irrelevant in my little universe.

Hagar on the other hand was the best moderator on boards*.. i see hes stepped down.

well, bollox to that. icon13.gif

*opinion not in one way influenced by the fact he lived in athlone once

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Do why did watty leave?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

orestes wrote: »
    I posted in a goodbye Hagar thread that was posted here when he stood down, that thread has been deleted too from what I can see.

It was I what started that thread, and it has indeed evaporated, maybe it's related to this non- existant Heat Wave Met Eireann have been ****ting on about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Beruthiel wrote: »
    You're obviously NOT hanging out in the wrong forums.

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Just an observation.

If you feel you should take the tone "My favourite moderator has left, fuck you boards.ie" I suggest you stop a moment and consider the fact that there is still freedom of choice on these forums, and your favourite moderator might just be sick to his or her back teeth of being a boards.ie moderator, and there are hundreds of other moderators who haven't just quit, and subsequently it might be an idea NOT to make the flying leap to "They must have been forced out".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

it might be an idea NOT to make the flying leap to "They must have been forced out".
    Yes, but if you pause the Zapruder film at frame Z253 you can clearly make out the shape of an admin there behind the grassy knoll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Yes, but if you pause the Zapruder film at frame Z253 you can clearly make out the shape of an admin there behind the grassy knoll.

are you saying that apart from wearing dress's J Edgar Hoover also found time to be a admin on boards:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Just an observation.

If you feel you should take the tone "My favourite moderator has left, fuck you boards.ie" I suggest you stop a moment and consider the fact that there is still freedom of choice on these forums, and your favourite moderator might just be sick to his or her back teeth of being a boards.ie moderator, and there are hundreds of other moderators who haven't just quit, and subsequently it might be an idea NOT to make the flying leap to "They must have been forced out".

Hey buddy all i want to know is why he left, or see his leaving post, nothing more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

nuxxx wrote: »
    Hey buddy all i want to know is why he left, or see his leaving post, nothing more

why don't you send him a PM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

tbh wrote: »
    why don't you send him a PM?

On his profile

"....email and PM is disabled"

that's that then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭jaykay74

The original question by the OP was why the goodbye thread was deleted. Nobody wants to answer that one way or the other which is their perogative I guess. Lack of clarity is always good for conspiracy theorists though ;)

jaykay74 wrote: »
    The original question by the OP was why the goodbye thread was deleted. Nobody wants to answer that one way or the other which is their perogative I guess. Lack of clarity is always good for conspiracy theorists though ;)

it was answered in the second post. People are just looking for gossip now, tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

jaykay74 wrote: »

Keeps the "business" happy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement