Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dangerous corner parking

Options
  • 08-09-2009 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew who I could write to in order to complain about extremely dangerous parking in Charlesland, around the main green at the corners of turns into the estates proper? Is there a separate company looking after it, or should I write to the Management Company of my own little area?!

I've nearly been involved in crashes twice now (motorbike AND car), as I've been completely unable to see traffic on the main road around the green while creeping out. It's only a matter of time before there is an accident, so I want it on record that I pointed it out!

Thanks for any help! I know a letter won't do much at all, but at least I'll have said something. I'm in the Wood, if that's any use.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

There are details for the management company in the useful numbers and links sticky at the top of the forum, however if the difficulty is with cars on the spine road, you'll need to contact the overall committee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Parking on a corner is illegal, if it's a source of danger call the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

While you are onto them Feasog, ask them when the pedestrian lights will be turned back on down at the swimming pool...only a matter of time before someone gets hurt there too.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

astrofluff wrote: »
    While you are onto them Feasog, ask them when the pedestrian lights will be turned back on down at the swimming pool...only a matter of time before someone gets hurt there too.

I have already contacted Simon Harris on this issue and it seems everyone thinks it is someone else's responsibility. It is however something he is trying to get sorted.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

MrsA wrote: »
    seems everyone thinks it is someone else's responsibility.

Seems to be a big problem in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Feasog Dearg

Thanks all. If I hear anything back from them I'll let you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Its an ongoing issue. the corner parking has been highlighted numorous times at overall committee meetings but little we can do. especially as charlesland is private property

I don't think the gardai can do about it. If its in your own section of your estate contact you management agents with the registration of the car and they will notify the committee who may be looking into a solution. I know one or two of the estates do haveclamping in operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Was driving up to the Crescent this evening and at the top of the green as you turn left (and the road swings around to the right) and up to the crescent carpark, there was a silver car parked right on the bend causing all cars to pull blindly onto the right hand side of the road, one of these days there will be a crash! If I didn't love my car so much, I'd grind off the parked car to teach the owner a lesson on parking!! Really wonder what goes through some people's minds sometimes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

loobylou wrote: »
    Parking on a corner is illegal, if it's a source of danger call the Gardai.

Parking within 6m of a corner is not only dangerous, but illegal. Hard to find a copper where I live who even gives a toss about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Car2318

The worst example of corner parking has to be the last section of the estate at Charlesland Park - as you swing around to back of the Crescent.

At least 4 cars park on the bend pushing you into the only lane available which causing problems when you meet another car head on. And it creates major blind spot when you take the next left.

I too have been tempted to force my way through - after all the lane is for driving in..................couldn't afford the car repairs though!

But.............I have already emailed Management Company about this.......ages ago:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement