Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheres the newman building lol

Options
  • 08-09-2009 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

Anyone point me in a direction

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Go to the lake. Look around. Huge building withing loads of people standing outside smoking.

Newman Building.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

logic123 wrote: »

Beside the library

If you can't find the building you'll never find your lecture inside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭logic123

lol ive probs walked past it to many times without realising haha, ok thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

lol ive probs walked past it to many times without realising haha, ok thanks.

There should be a black sign pointing at it with Newman Building written on it too near the steps, which are close to the lake. Not trying to be smart but look at the signs!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I really hope you arent an arts student.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

A.K.A The Arts Block

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I really hope you arent an arts student.

I kinda wish he was to be honest, what's sad is, he'd probably not be alone........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

In fairness, I'm in my 4th year (as an Arts student) and couldn't find theatre O today. That was a little embarrassing.

Though, in fairness to me, I hadn't been in the Arts block in about 18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

damn arts building, its awful depressing:( the fact that i have to walk all the way from the health sciences building to the arts one 3 times a week upsets me:(:D

• Advertisement

leesmom wrote: »
    damn arts building, its awful depressing:( the fact that i have to walk all the way from the health sciences building to the arts one 3 times a week upsets me:(:D
    You have GOT to be kidding! Try walking from the Engineering building to Richview (Architecture): over a km as the crow flies, more on the ground. Now do it in the 10 minutes between lectures. I actually had this situation a year ago, and it was not pretty. :eek:

— Kingsley Amis

bnt wrote: »
    You have GOT to be kidding! Try walking from the Engineering building to Richview (Architecture): over a km as the crow flies, more on the ground. Now do it in the 10 minutes between lectures. I actually had this situation a year ago, and it was not pretty. :eek:
    well its not even that its the fact that twice when ive being going to my lecture in that building i couldnt find the bloody room and both times have ended up pretty late, then ive had to jam myself into those weird theatres that feel like your gunna tumble headfirst down them:eek:
    and yeah i reckon its a long walk to make in 5 mins, theres no hope of getting a seat in that building :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

It's the place with the highest consentration of people with clueless faces, you really can't miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Michaelrsh wrote: »
    It's the place with the highest consentration of people with clueless faces, you really can't miss it.

He does not want to go to the Science building.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

If you have run out of toilet paper, an arts degree will help. Other than that, can't see what you need in Newman.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

There's lots of people in there and the inside is pretty much the giant Windfish egg from Link's Awakening on Game Boy, accompanied with an inability to remember directions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

bnt wrote: »

Oh wow that is such a helpful photo because we all missed a vital point to do with the OP; he would be entering the building from above. He probably has a mental image of UCD from the sky so your aerial photo is exactly the kind of help he needed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

errlloyd wrote: »
    If you have run out of toilet paper, an arts degree will help. Other than that, can't see what you need in Newman.

oh, your razor sharp wit and original jibe has crushed the self confidence of Art's students everywhere.

I'm glad UCD's 1st year Law students are so tactful :D

Oh wow that is such a helpful photo because we all missed a vital point to do with the OP; he would be entering the building from above. He probably has a mental image of UCD from the sky so your aerial photo is exactly the kind of help he needed
    I wonder if UCD offers a course in elementary navigation? Use of maps, that sort of thing? The OP could use that too, I think. :rolleyes:

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

1981 called and wants its joke back

• Advertisement

That's an extremely hypocritical line.

thats quite insulting really.
    that attitude wont get you far but then again a law degree is pretty much above every other one:rolleyes:

thats quite insulting really.
    that attitude wont get you far but then again a law degree is pretty much above every other one:rolleyes:

I am being 100% genuine here, I recognize the value of an arts degree, and the appeal of doing one. I have a lot of respect for the people who put a lot into arts, I truly believe its a very good course, dragged down not by the lecturers, or the learning, but by the wasters in it.

I'm not suggesting anyone here on boards is one such waster.

I am being 100% genuine here, I recognize the value of an arts degree, and the appeal of doing one. I have a lot of respect for the people who put a lot into arts, I truly believe its a very good course, dragged down not by the lecturers, or the learning, but by the wasters in it.

I'm not suggesting anyone here on boards is one such waster.
    i agree with you that there are a lot of wasters doing arts(you only have to enter the building to see that) but then again there are people who genuinely dont know what they want to do so pick arts to further themselves and figure out what they do have an interest in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

i agree with you that there are a lot of wasters doing arts(you only have to enter the building to see that) but then again there are people who genuinely dont know what they want to do so pick arts to further themselves and figure out what they do have an interest in

And then there are the people who knew what they wanted to do, and it happened to be arts!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

Tom65 wrote: »
    In fairness, I'm in my 4th year (as an Arts student) and couldn't find theatre O today. That was a little embarrassing.

Though, in fairness to me, I hadn't been in the Arts block in about 18 months.

lol

Same happened me and I was sitting in Q listening to social policy. but now I know where O is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Barack Obama did an Arts degree...

Perhaps they should devise another line system? I find those pretty lines in primary colours of great use when getting to lectures. Maybe they could paint similar lines from vital junctures, say...the student bar, the bus stop and Merville that actually lead into the Arts Block? Problem solved :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 FlashGirl

I didnt know where the hell it was either why didnt they just say arts block lol

FlashGirl wrote: »
    I didnt know where the hell it was either why didnt they just say arts block lol
    it says arts cafe all over the front:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

it says arts cafe all over the front:D:D

It's the Newman part that's confusing the poster, not the Arts bit ;)

Advertisement