Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chorus difficulties in cork city

Options
  • 08-09-2009 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi folks, new guy here just wondering if anyone else has had issues trying to order chorus ntl in the center of town.

I'm living on upper john st, between shandon st and the north link, and tried to get chorus in for tv and specifically broadband (3 mobile just ain't good enough!) but keep getting told chorus don't provide service in my area.
    I'd say fair enough and move on but i know for a fact that the previous occupants of my house used to have chorus, they called for their last bills (and other post) not long after we moved in. We also have a strange white box on our wall along with a big, dirty cable sticking out of a large hole on the side of our house.
    I've gotten absolutely nowhere with them on the phone or online, just getting left on hold or hung up on, along with week long gaps between responses to mails (usually just asking for information like ref. numbers, which they never gave me!).

Sorry if it seems like i just signed up here for a bitching session but i'm genuinely interested to hear if anyone else has had similar treatment from this company. Friends of mine who are customers have nothing but good things to say about chorus internet. I think i must have grievously offended the owner of UPC somewhere along the line...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

I wouldnt waste your time with them. You'll lead a richer and more meaningful life without them in your life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Donagh_mc

I've got it on Summer Hill south with no issues. You can check on their website if they service your area. Go here, click the 'availability' tab and pick your location. http://www.upc.ie/broadband/ten/

Just a thought, if the lines outside your house are old they may have chosen to stop providing service to the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

I wouldnt waste your time with them. You'll lead a richer and more meaningful life without them in your life.
    +1 !!! :pac::pac::pac:

Chorus upgraded their lines this year to be able to run HD. They may not have viewed your area as a large enough market to bother with...

TBH your much better off not having any dealings with these gangsters!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Call UPC, you might be getting the wrong company when you ring chorus now.

Their broadband is good. Their TV is ****e tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

They can be a disaster for billing, etc., but the actual broadband service they provide, in my experience, is very good. I have their 10meg cable and it is much better value than anything Eircom offer. They were always fairly decent on the phone too. I would advise you to stick with it and try them on the phone again, the other ISPs all have horror stories of their own too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 J.Bandito

Thanks for the responses folks.
    We approached one of the lonely looking fellas who sit by porters in paul st. He said he'd pass by and have a look at the set up on the street and call us back, left his mobile too which i take as a good sign.
    Fingers crossed then as i really want that 10mb connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

My friend is in the same situation as you his house isn't in an estate. He's about 200m off the main road. They did tell him that in around a year they will move the focus from housing estates to get people like himself on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

+1
    It's been a good while since I've dealt with them but by god, they were awful!
    The quality of their digital service at the time was apalling, kept getting all blocky and pixelated etc...never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

+1
    It's been a good while since I've dealt with them but by god, they were awful!
    The quality of their digital service at the time was apalling, kept getting all blocky and pixelated etc...never again.

True for their TV. But their broadband is the best in Cork arguably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 J.Bandito

Hi there, sending in this post using newly installed 10mb broadband while repeats of top gear play endlessly on 'Dave'... That's right, finally got chorus.

If anyone has similar problems the answer is to talk to the people at the desk in Paul st (as there's no office to call to!). Seems the address had been blacklisted due to previous occupants unpaid bills, which the people at the call center refused, or were unable to, acknowledge.

Thanks for reply's and suggestions everyone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement