Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airwire

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

mailburner wrote: »
    does it matter if i post in two threads?

Yes, it does, so don't do it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 VainSitchy

21506490.png

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭installer

VainSitchy wrote: »
    21506490.png

Not too bad then,,,.. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭gimmebroadband

VainSitchy wrote: »
    21506490.png

I feel your pain!

It would be interesting to hear a response from airwire on this, after all it has been said numerous times by them in this thread to email them a ping and speed test result when you have a problem.

well there it is guys..

• Advertisement

I've reverted back to O2 as of 2 days ago.....I've sent off an email and phoned canceling Airwire. They really need to upgrade their service, and pay heed to their customers, the problems doesn't go away by ignoring them. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

I've reverted back to O2 as of 2 days ago.....I've sent off an email and phoned canceling Airwire. They really need to upgrade their service, and pay heed to their customers, the problems doesn't go away by ignoring them. :mad:

You need to contact there support not post on boards expecting you problem to be solved as a result of a post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,908 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Falconire wrote: »
    You need to contact there support not post on boards expecting you problem to be solved as a result of a post

should we contact you maybe?
    do you work for them?

I made contact over a week ago to Support and
    still no reply by fone or email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

No I do not work for Airwire.

I am a customer of airwire like your self.

I work For a EPoS Company based in Co. Clare

I deal with networking every day and see people posting with speedtests and ping tests with issues where a good lot are related to there router.

I've been in constant contact with support for the past 28 days with no results whatsoever. And it's not my router, works perfectly with 02. I tried it without Router, plugged directly to laptop, same results - Rubbish!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 123skb

No I do not work for Airwire.

I am a customer of airwire like your self.

I work For a EPoS Company based in Co. Clare

I deal with networking every day and see people posting with speedtests and ping tests with issues where a good lot are related to there router.

That is what airwire did when they did ans me........ Its the router/pc/laptop/phone/cable/dogs...... fault.
    Always blamed something else but there network and then they would send me files from my CPE making out i was getting full speed all the time and suggesting that all the speed tests they asked me to send were all wrong.

And people are posting here to inform others of what the airwires service is like, and not to try and get their BB fixed as they all have tried that and very few have good story to tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

8 or 11 o clock on a sunday isn't really a test, see if it even works at 8 this evening or any evening during the week. With 130ms ping its definitely not broadband. What do midband speeds have to do with Airwire anyway.

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    8 or 11 o clock on a sunday isn't really a test, see if it even works at 8 this evening or any evening during the week. With 130ms ping its definitely not broadband. What do midband speeds have to do with Airwire anyway.

I always get 1.5 most nights, can't say the same for Airwire - which I shafted last week after a wasted month of hardly any speed. I'm still waiting to hear from them about my refund, as I paid for a year in advance. I have sent several emails together with talking on the phone to customer service which bore no fruit - all I got was: "I'll pass on the message.":mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Lads please keep the O2 related stuff out of this thread, if you want to discuss O2 then start another thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 VainSitchy

913983279.png im on a 2mb connection and this is what i get and look at the time hardly peak.

seems to me like you have 2 choices, 1 stand up complain, demand that you get the service you pay for, if they cant give you that level of service, move to a different provider...

2 just say nothing and put up with it, get on with life..

the choice is yours..

installer wrote: »
    seems to me like you have 2 choices, 1 stand up complain, demand that you get the service you pay for, if they cant give you that level of service, move to a different provider...

2 just say nothing and put up with it, get on with life..

the choice is yours..

some of us don't have the option of a different provider apart
    from the mobile broadband (the less said about that the better)
    the pain and suffering ive experienced with mobile broadband (3)
    is only second to dial up.

I'm in the process of ditching Airwire after a month , where I had to send constant emails, ping tests, speed tests and phonecalls about the service/no service, (the delay is on their side). I have tried Vodafone and 3 and it didn't work too well, very much 2g rather than 3g. However, I have found that 02 works well for me, and I have no affiliation with them whatsoever. The only downside being 5Gig cap. :cool:

I'm in the process of ditching Airwire after a month , where I had to send constant emails, ping tests, speed tests and phonecalls about the service/no service, (the delay is on their side). I have tried Vodafone and 3 and it didn't work too well, very much 2g rather than 3g. However, I have found that 02 works well for me, and I have no affiliation with them whatsoever. The only downside being 5Gig cap. :cool:

5gig is just so pathetic though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

Do a Speedtest, pingtest and a traceroute sometime real late tonight like 2am and let's see what it says. Possible interference, if your roof antenna is 2.4GHz your own router might be interfering with it, try changing your route's channel or even turn it off completley and test, it also might be getting interference from whatever else is in the area.

• Advertisement

some of us don't have the option of a different provider apart
    from the mobile broadband (the less said about that the better)
    the pain and suffering ive experienced with mobile broadband (3)
    is only second to dial up.

National broadband scheme have been known to install satellite dishes for 2 way satellite broadband on individual houses for no more fee than the usb stick, if you can prove the dongle doesn't work they are obliged to give you one as far as i know... in my house I have lighthouse networks wireless broadband great service very few interuptions, 2 meg down 1 up (and i get it all the time) no download limits and all for 35 a month, was told that if i lived within reach of the city transmitter I could have their 2 3 5 service which is 2MB for 20 per month, 3MB for 25 and 5MB for 35 just a pity i live 2 far away.... none the less I'm happy with what i have..

National broadband scheme have been known to install satellite dishes for 2 way satellite broadband on individual houses for no more fee than the usb stick, if you can prove the dongle doesn't work they are obliged to give you one as far as i know... in my house I have lighthouse networks wireless broadband great service very few interuptions, 2 meg down 1 up (and i get it all the time) no download limits and all for 35 a month, was told that if i lived within reach of the city transmitter I could have their 2 3 5 service which is 2MB for 20 per month, 3MB for 25 and 5MB for 35 just a pity i live 2 far away.... none the less I'm happy with what i have..

The usb dongle does work but its awful slow evening times especially.
    i think lighthouse are my only other viable option actually.
    I'd be very happy with 2mb.
    I'm 16miles from galway so id imagine i wouldnt be able to avail
    of that offer.
    the cost of installation is the only thing stopping me but
    i will call them sooner or later if my airwire service doesnt improve.
    It was perfect up till a month ago so i dont know what went wrong
    and nobody has bothered returning my call or emails.
    they charge 45 for 2mb and i think thats a disgrace

45 is expensive alright, especially if it doesnt work, what part of galway are you in, 16 miles i'd guess headford perhaps, or oughtereard maybe? agreed the installation is a bit on the expensive side at 200 euro but i remember that airwire were charging 300 installation some time back when i was looking around for options, and in the end your getting something for your money, a professionally installed device that is maintained free of charge for the duration of your term with them and it works.. i didnt much like having to part with the dosh but i'm not sorry i did now.

45 is expensive alright, especially if it doesnt work, what part of galway are you in, 16 miles i'd guess headford perhaps, or oughtereard maybe?

near monivea

haha same as me, i pobably know you lol...

haha same as me, i pobably know you lol...

it's possible but I doubt it very much :)

hang on a sec...ill pm you

small world alright, i spend a lot of time in athenry, just texted a friend of mine and he said lighthouse recently installed a new transmitter near monivea, so if you do decide to try them you should be in luck.

small world alright, i spend a lot of time in athenry, just texted a friend of mine and he said lighthouse recently installed a new transmitter near monivea, so if you do decide to try them you should be in luck.

deadly!

im happy knowing that

it just gets worse and worse

22535283.png

http://www.speedtest.net]922140460.png[/URL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

it just gets worse and worse

22535283.png

http://www.speedtest.net]922140460.png[/URL
    Thats redonkulous, at that speed its not broadband nearly.

Advertisement