Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airwire

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,908 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Rycn wrote: »
    Thats redonkulous, at that speed its not broadband nearly.

that was the slowest
    i guess this is an improvement

922175815.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

Unreal... i feel for you man.

No matter how many complaints they get they just dont want to improve upon it, it goes to show how well their marketing worked.

I reckon most of the money they turn over goes back into advertising and marketing, instead of fixing the customers problem they fix their own problem by forgetting about that customer and pumping money into the marketing and hooking another one... and the circle or airwire goes on.

I think you should claim whatever you have paid them to date and burn whatever piece of plastic monkey programmed router they gave you.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 123skb

I understand.

922230190.png

And im only 400 meters from the an airwire mast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

Does the CPE on your roof look something like this?
    And keep doing trace routes instead of speed/pingtest.net only.

No, Nothing like that.

• Advertisement

up till 5/6 weeks ago i was always getting the proper speed so i dont
    know whats gone wrong since
    today is a good day and i was relieved when i got up today
    to see my speed back though i did sent an email.
    I darent even hope this will last even if it does fall a bit short

923283731.png

923285242.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

airwire seem to be worse than dial up:eek::eek:
    altough the pings in the post above me are great 8-9ms id love that
    can get 65ms on my three connection but will never go as low as 8or9 ms

mailburner wrote: »
    up till 5/6 weeks ago i was always getting the proper speed so i dont
    know whats gone wrong since
    today is a good day and i was relieved when i got up today
    to see my speed back though i did sent an email.
    I darent even hope this will last even if it does fall a bit short

923283731.png

923285242.png

what a difference a day makes :mad:
    923925691.png

923928971.png

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭installer

926158047.png

This is my parents connection to Abbeyknockmoy, as you can see their download speed is spot on as its a 1 meg connection but upload, what a joke.

things are looking up.
    they looked into mine though it took
    a few calls and emails.
    this it the way it used to be all the time
    up till recently
    i hope to god it lasts

926943683.png

926946951.png

• Advertisement

Hope it stays like that for you

I however have just got so fed up with my hit and miss connection for the last 6/7 months that I took the airwire support engineers advice and moved to a different Internet supplier.
    So far I have had a much better connection and for less money.

Altough airwire will not replay to my emails to disconnect me and keep sending emails for direct debit payment. I really don't think anybody reads there emails," they prob just print every email they from me and then fire them in the bin!!!!!!!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭gimmebroadband

mailburner wrote: »
    things are looking up.
    they looked into mine though it took
    a few calls and emails.
    this it the way it used to be all the time
    up till recently
    i hope to god it lasts

926943683.png

926946951.png

Calls and emails never worked for me. I have been unhappy with their service since day 1, (July this year). They igore emails and speedtests sent to them, and phonecalls don't make any differenct whatsoever. I am having to pay another ISP as backup for Airwire's lack of service. I have been asking for a refund for 3 months and all I get is waffle. Take my advice - STEER CLEAR OF AIRWIRE!!!

A speed test is almost impossible at times as it times out because it's so slow. A 1.27 MB file took almost 5 minutes to download @ 4.97 kb /sec

A screen cap of the the 'speedtest' a few minutes ago that wouldn't complete.
    f0366157c2.jpg

BTW I had to post the above using my alternative ISP!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 hal14

@Martin

I've been contacting Bo for months from near Dunmore with ping times and speeds and I'm still getting rarely more than half the speeds I'm signed up for. A few months back I found out that I had somehow been placed on the 1mb service when I should have been on 2Mb since I joined.

Latest Speedtest:

Ping 1123ms
    Download 0.91Mb/s
    Upload 0.04Mb/s

I don't see any point in paying for 2Mb/s when I'm getting less than 1Mb/s and the ping and upload are a joke.

I'm hoping Wi-Max delivers a better service to their customers when they hit this side of the Country, instead of completely ignoring them! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I'm hoping Wi-Max delivers a better service to their customers when they hit this side of the Country, instead of completely ignoring them! :mad:

Wi-Max is a type of technology
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WiMAX

................and if You're looking for good service from Imagine WiMax I'd check this thread in the Midband forum first, mobile WiMax on 3.5Ghz doesn't work

fixed wireless wimax is different to mobile broadband, the crowd i'm with have wimax coverage in a lot of areas in co. galway and they're lighthouse networks so it doesnt have to be imagine just to get wimax, just cos some fancy irritating tv ad says so...I dont get wimax at home but i get a 2mb download with 1mb upload for 35/month and if i lived in the city or surrounding areas i'd get it for 20/month or if i wanted to pay 35 i'd get 5mb download speed..so there are other alternative isp's out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

So what's the verdict on Airwire? are people still having issues?? Do you get what's advertised?

Very much doubt you would. You'd probably see connection speeds pretty near advertised for the first month or so then the service would degrade to the point where using the internet is nigh impossible and then they will trot out the 'It's a contended service' line. Our already slow connection usually drops altogether (the DNS server is not responding) 4 or 5 times a day with outages anywhere up to 6 hours. This is nothing to do with a contention ratio of 16:1. It is usually worse Friday evening and ANY internet connection is hit and miss over the weekend. Speeds generally are very low. If I had another option for broadband provider (apart from Wireless Dongle) I'd jump at it.

my parents have been complaining to airwire for some time now, their connection is a 1mb symetrical service lol.....they get the 1mb download most of the time fair enough, but the upload is 0.1mb all the time, they promissed them that an engineer would call but not thus far... i hate to bad mouth anyone but in relation to airwire, i personnally wouldnt have them.

• Advertisement

I have now left airwire, I gave them a months notice that i was canceling my connection after no/ bad service for 7 months and some very rude emails from martin (support).
    The first response i got was from martin stating that he had no record of my problems, that my service was fine and that if i left i would owe them 150euro for the cpe (Ariel) that i had paid for 2 years ago.
    Now i keep getting letters asking me to pay for service after the date they turned my cpe off and a penalty for the failed direct debits.
    I have called them, but they don't care.

PS. my new isp is much faster, cheaper and i have not had one second of down time with them yet.

Who is your new ISP?

I'm not going to say, but it's a dsl provider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

is it eircom or vodagroan?? :eek::D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Airwire: Martin

installer wrote: »
    ... i hate to bad mouth anyone but in relation to airwire, i personnally wouldnt have them.

That wouldn't happen either, because if you are, who I think you are, then you've got an outstanding bill here.

Martin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭tinofapples

That wouldn't happen either, because if you are, who I think you are, then you've got an outstanding bill here.

Martin

Sort of typical responce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 NeedToGroan

...and I've been wasting my time all these months calling your support line to try to get Airwire crap speeds fixed. Doh !! How silly of me.

:rolleyes:

...and I've been wasting my time all these months calling your support line to try to get Airwire crap speeds fixed. Doh !! How silly of me.

:rolleyes:

As I've stated before in this thread, all support issues will have to be taken with support. I don't deal with support, bar occasions, where we're short staffed.

The reason why we don't respond to support questions here on the forum is, that most of the time, we don't even know who you are. We can make an educated guess at times, but that's about is. It also means, that if we were handling support issues here, there would no track of these issues.

We can help here on boards with tips on issues related to equipment that wouldn't be covered by support. We can also discuss more general things, like the technology we use etc.

Once it becomes account specific, it won't be answered here.

Keep it within those limits and I'll happily answer questions.

Martin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

yet Vodafone and Magnet et al manage to assist customers through boards on account specific queries.....

• Advertisement

BArra wrote: »
    yet Vodafone and Magnet et al manage to assist customers through boards on account specific queries.....

And ? It is their choice, if they want to do that. I have outlined quite specificly above, what we find managable.

You don't go down to your supermarket and tell them, how they should arrange their products, just because other supermarket chains do it that way, do you ? And even if you did, what do you think the answer would be ?

Martin

Advertisement