Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airwire

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 123skb

That wouldn't happen either, because if you are, who I think you are, then you've got an outstanding bill here.

Martin
    As I've stated before in this thread, all support issues will have to be taken with support. I don't deal with support, bar occasions, where we're short staffed.

The reason why we don't respond to support questions here on the forum is, that most of the time, we don't even know who you are. We can make an educated guess at times, but that's about is. It also means, that if we were handling support issues here, there would no track of these issues.

We can help here on boards with tips on issues related to equipment that wouldn't be covered by support. We can also discuss more general things, like the technology we use etc.

Once it becomes account specific, it won't be answered here.

Keep it within those limits and I'll happily answer questions.

Martin

You stat in one post that you will not deal with account specific matters and in your post just before that you make a very account specific remark that was of no benifit to anyone. Hipocrit!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 oconnm

had enough of this sh1t .totally unreliable speeds.been onto customer services all week and still no callback from a tech.have just downgraded to the 1mb pack and the next step for me is cancelling this bogband .:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭gimmebroadband

When my term (sentence) is up in a couple of months I will NOT be renewing this pathetic service. I'm getting better speeds now with 02!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭innthe

Do you think my speed is good?1170526189.png

And here is my ping
    35300683.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭tommybc

innthe wrote: »
    Do you think my speed is good?1170526189.png

And here is my ping
    35300683.png

its good enough,
    martin,if your the person who i think you are your the danish man.Its an educated guess,
    Tommy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

tommybc wrote: »
    its good enough,
    martin,if your the person who i think you are your the danish man.Its an educated guess,
    Tommy.
    What has that got to do with anything???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭irishchris

sorry to drag up an old thread but just had airwire installed this morning. have to say for me coming from the knockroe mast in galway my connection has been excellent! i know early days yet but i think it is sometimes only negative comments that make it online when people have gripes with a company and for balance i wanted to share my good experience. service has been great. installer very helpfull and obliging and after ringing customer support about an issue i needed sorting they rang me back within ten minutes and resolved it. so far for me i have to give them 10/10 on all fronts!

2335242328.png
    72964165.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,908 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

45 per month for 2mb is a bit steep though

on the other hand my connection was down last tues which
    was fine as the weather was bad and everyone around me
    was affected
    however, by 12.30am wed service was restored according
    to one of their agents which was true as the one of my neighbours
    was back online
    I had no coverage until 24hrs after this though and never received
    a callback despite ringing 3times on wed
    I know they were busy but it's still hard to take
    it's the second time in the space of 6 weeks where i was without
    for a period of almost 48 hours
    coverage was back then thursday afternoon....4/10 on all fronts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Airwire: Martin

mailburner wrote: »
    on the other hand my connection was down last tues which
    was fine as the weather was bad and everyone around me
    was affect
    however, by 12.30am wed service was restored according
    to one of their agents which was true as the one of my neighbours
    was back online
    I had no coverage until 24hrs after this though and never received
    a callback despite ringing 3times on wed
    I know they were busy but it's still hard to take
    coverage was back then thursday afternoon....4/10 on all fronts

We had 4 basestations in 4 different areas with storm damage throughout tuesday night and been working quite hard on fixing these both wednesday and thursday.

Unfortunatly calling back approx 500 affected customers was not an option.

We did update our twitter feed at http://www.airwire.ie/faq and http://twitter.com/airwire regularly though. You should be able to access that, too, if you have a smart phone.

We had 4 basestations in 4 different areas with storm damage throughout tuesday night and been working quite hard on fixing these both wednesday and thursday.

Unfortunatly calling back approx 500 affected customers was not an option.

We did update our twitter feed at http://www.airwire.ie/faq and http://twitter.com/airwire regularly though. You should be able to access that, too, if you have a smart phone.

that was quick
    maybe i should try boards next time

never actually found out what the problem was as
    nobody ever actually returned a call so was there still
    hundreds of people affected friday, monday or today?
    no agent could give me any info as to why i was
    the only customer affected in my area or when it might
    be fixed.
    Even a call from an agent that i would receive a call back
    from you guys any time last wed would have sufficed just
    so i would know would i be without for another night or more

i was one affected customer in an area when everyone else
    had coverage
    this is the second time when i had been the only affected
    party in an area where nobody else had been affected.
    Im thinking that maybe if the problem had been the same
    as the last time then it would only have taken a minute to fix
    (a error in the configuration of my antenna if i recall right) or
    maybe not?

on the plus side i will say that up till 6 weeks ago i hadnt been
    without service for more than a couple of hours all year and the
    speed im getting has been what I pay for

• Advertisement

As I've stated before, I can't answer on specific support cases here, as I don't even know, who you are.

There have been issues wednesday and thursday for the areas outlined on our twitter feed. That information also was given to customers by the callcenter. Due to the weather situation fixing one of the core sites took longer than expected and the timeline was extended to end thursday by wednesday afternoon.

When things break as extreme as tuesday night, we'll prioritize all available personel to fix the problem at hand. Or would you rather be offline for longer and have somebody call you back for a chat ?

Customers that were offline after thursday night would most likely have been people that had their equipment switched off, so we couldn't recover them remotely or had storm damage themselves.

If you had any issues after that, a call on 091-865968 or an email to support@airwire.ie and we'll look into your individual problem.

As I've stated before, I can't answer on specific support cases here, as I don't even know, who you are.

If you had any issues after that, a call on 091-865968 or an email to support@airwire.ie and we'll look into your individual problem.

Pm sent

i rang that number a few times after i realised i was the only
    person affected in my area which was wed

I wouldnt even consider sending an email given the time
    it might take to get a reply

overall a good service but last week was frustrating knowing
    i was the only affected around me
    one call by an agent or anyone would have done

mailburner wrote: »
    Pm sent

I don't directly deal with support. Let me quote my above post:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

irishchris wrote: »
    sorry to drag up an old thread but just had airwire installed this morning. have to say for me coming from the knockroe mast in galway my connection has been excellent! i know early days yet but i think it is sometimes only negative comments that make it online when people have gripes with a company and for balance i wanted to share my good experience. service has been great. installer very helpfull and obliging and after ringing customer support about an issue i needed sorting they rang me back within ten minutes and resolved it. so far for me i have to give them 10/10 on all fronts!

2335242328.png
    72964165.png

+1 Service is Excellent in General.

The only outages I can remember are storm damage a couple of time in 6 years or so. My speed is what I pay for +/- 10% normally.

I don't directly deal with support. Let me quote my above post:

I was just letting you know who i was...nothing else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭funnyname

I find it great during the day however contention in the evening and weekend is awful, can't stream and viop is impossible

Looks like they have increased the speeds on some their products

residential 1MB & 2MB have stayed the same but all others have increased by an extra 1MB.

This is great news but I find it strange that this wasn't announced in the public or by email to their existing customers or even by their preferred method of communication via Twitter.

http://www.airwire.ie/index.php/products

We're in the process of some network upgrades, that will allow us to upgrade the residential packages also.

The package changes for the business packages have been done just before christmas.

There's no point announcing anything before we're done and finished.

And those, that it matters to, would have noticed anyhow :)

We're in the process of some network upgrades, that will allow us to upgrade the residential packages also.

The package changes for the business packages have been done just before christmas.

Indeed but think small stay small, ye offer a good product better than Eircom so don't be afraid to sell yerselves!

The upgrades are simply down to increased demand.

A lot of people have started using YouTube and the likes and since YouTube for example changed the default resolution from 360p to 480p last year or so, many people "find", that their broadband is slow, because it buffers on 1 mbit/s.

Explaining, that they need to dial down the default resolution is understood by few, I'm afraid. And a majority will simply never ask, but instead either rant elsewhere or change provider even though it actually isn't our fault.

Our upgrades are pretty much in line with where technology and demand moves.

This combined with the fact, that we've had a few technology upgrades on our equipment software wise, which allows it to cope with higher speeds and the fact, we've been able to negotiate better backhaul pricing with our suppliers allows us to supply the demand.

We're for example more than doubling our capacity between Dublin and Galway in January/February to ensure, that we'll have enough bandwidth for the next year or two.

• Advertisement

That's good news for us forgotten ruralites and hopefully ye continue to upgrade and some day match some of the higher spec FWA providers like Carnsore or NWE.

Hi Martin, as I stated earlier in this thread I am well impressed with this service having come from terrible dsl due to my location. Over the Christmas period I noticed my 2mb service was upgraded to 3mb and people in the area on 1mb were up to 2mb speed. This lasted for about three weeks and then back to the reduced speed again. Are there any plans to increase the residential speeds packages as hinted in your earlier threads in order to keep up with demand with services such as YouTube etc which require now much higher bandwidth

Yep.

The upgrades will finally be in some time this coming week.

We've been working on some bottleneck issues and hence weren't able to ensure them until now.

We've also upgraded our connections at for example the INEX and are changing one of the upstream providers, to archieve better and more consistant ping times to the rest of the Internet.

/M

Yep.

The upgrades will finally be in some time this coming week.

We've been working on some bottleneck issues and hence weren't able to ensure them until now.

We've also upgraded our connections at for example the INEX and are changing one of the upstream providers, to archieve better and more consistant ping times to the rest of the Internet.

/M
    Great news Martin. Really am getting more and more impressed with your company. Only been couple months with yee but have to say airwire have been the most impressive isp I have used and particularly impressed with the low ping times and great latency for online gaming etc.
    So are you saying speeds in my 2mb pack will increase to 3mb this week?

Upgrades are now official.

News are on Twitter and gone out to those customers, that have supplied us with their eMail address.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

Upgrades are now official.

News are on Twitter and gone out to those customers, that have supplied us with their eMail address.

/M

when will we see the increased speeds please Martin ?

According to Speedtest mine's the same as it was a few months ago at the moment

Speeds in my area are up since last week.I was on a solid 2mb connection. Now pulling in a 2-2.5 mbbut have yet to get near the upgraded 3mb speed. Slight improvement but hope it's just teething problems and that they will sort full speed. Pings seem slightly higher now as well with some spikes also in last week

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭CornsnakeKeeper

Hi folks, I've read most of the thread here and it seems there's alot of happy customers and good people behind the business, I'm currently stuck with Three's 'Broadband Pro' plan which gives me 60GB per month and decent speeds, Netflix on Xbox doesn't buffer. Ever. My ping never goes over 120ms and that is on a bad day! So BF3 and halo are totally acceptable to play in the day/evening. YouTube is also very decent but my problem is the l usage cap, 60GB for me personally isn't enough as I'm constantly checking to make sure i dont go over..
    Anyway, just curious if anyone can tell me what Airwires 2/3MB plans are like, do you always get good speeds? What are the pings like in the morning and evenings?

I would probably get the residential 3MB plan, how long should it take for the internet to come after i order? How long does installation take once they do arrive?
    Thanks in advance.
    Joseph

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Hi folks, I've read most of the thread here and it seems there's alot of happy customers and good people behind the business, I'm currently stuck with Three's 'Broadband Pro' plan which gives me 60GB per month and decent speeds, Netflix on Xbox doesn't buffer. Ever. My ping never goes over 120ms and that is on a bad day! So BF3 and halo are totally acceptable to play in the day/evening. YouTube is also very decent but my problem is the l usage cap, 60GB for me personally isn't enough as I'm constantly checking to make sure i dont go over..
    Anyway, just curious if anyone can tell me what Airwires 2/3MB plans are like, do you always get good speeds? What are the pings like in the morning and evenings?

I would probably get the residential 3MB plan, how long should it take for the internet to come after i order? How long does installation take once they do arrive?
    Thanks in advance.
    Joseph

I would look at lightnet.ie, very good recommendations for them as a wireless provider.

☀️ 7.6kWp ⚡3.4kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Advertisement

Hi, as to experience with our service, I leave that to others to comment on.

We do state, that the service will be less than 200ms. If it's more, there's something wrong. Most customers are between 10-100 ms depending on where in the network they are and how far they are from the base.

Ping times are generally fairly consistant.

As for delivery, we do generally state within 2 weeks, but most often, we install within a few days (3-5 max). The installation depends a bit on the house and the amount of wiring, but generally we allocate up to 2 hours per installation.

Our service is delivered in a fashion, where you order and we'll send an engineer. The engineer will do a signal test before doing the installation to make sure, you get a good enough signal.

Should it happen, that we can't get you a connection due to signal, there is no charge for the callout. We do however not send an engineer without commitment to order.
    I would look at lightnet.ie, very good recommendations for them as a wireless provider.

This thread is specifically about Airwire, so recommending another provider I'd nearly consider cheaky. Please stay on topic.

Never the less, you are aware, that Lightnet have a fair use policy, which means there is an unspecified cap? Not quite handy with the requirements for what was asked above.

/M

Advertisement