Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airwire

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

VainSitchy wrote: »

I would like to know just how many people play online useing airwire because even at the best of times when speeds are up games lag all over the place for me and im not using a router it must be down to the ping i can just about play call of duty it dose lag and i never have higher then three bar reception out of five it jumps between two and three most of the time then games like fifa and other sports games are completely unplayable. when I check other isp websites next to all of them mention gaming and have some sort of package to suit the needs at a competitive price or at least know something about it to help you out but airwire don't seem to know anything about the subject.

On the call of Duty issue, there are no dedicated servers the game is hosted on a players pc/game console so every games ping will differ.

Secondly I play call of duty mw2 on my pc I even host a Internet game
    I dont have any issues with airwire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 VainSitchy

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Didn't realise You had a laptop, open a command prompt (in accessories, system tools), type "ping www.boards.ie" without quotes and copy the results here. Goto www.speedtest.net, run a test, pick the Airwire Galway server, when done click to copy forum link and paste here.

You've given out loads about Airwire with no proof other than what Your console tells You is bad, which isn't exactly telling much.
    i will when they fix the fault thats in the network no point in doin it now.

Falconire wrote: »
    On the call of Duty issue, there are no dedicated servers the game is hosted on a players pc/game console so every games ping will differ.

Secondly I play call of duty mw2 on my pc I even host a Internet game
    I dont have any issues with airwire.
    its not just call of duty its every game on either ps3 or xbox i dont use pc for gameing. Do you get full five bars reception when you play call of duty??

its not just call of duty its every game on either ps3 or xbox i dont use pc for gameing. Do you get full five bars reception when you play call of duty??

Firstly Nearly all Consloe game are hosted on one of the consoles ie fifa COD MW2 etc

The Bars are different every time depending on the person hosting the game
    if I am hosting I get all bars green if I ma joining some one else hosting it depends on there Internet connection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

i will when they fix the fault thats in the network no point in doin it now.

Do them, nobodies going to take Your claims seriously until You prove there's something wrong. 3 out of 5 lights on an xbox doesn't tell anything, for all we know You could be connecting to somebody with a crappy connection hosting a game in Outer Mongolia.

• Advertisement

Firstly Nearly all Consloe game are hosted on one of the consoles ie fifa COD MW2 etc

The Bars are different every time depending on the person hosting the game
    if I am hosting I get all bars green if I ma joining some one else hosting it depends on there Internet connection
    whats your ping times like??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

start>run>cmd> ping www.heanet.ie
    start>run>cmd> tracert www.heanet.ie
    a trace will show pretty quickly where the problem is, most likely the AP.
    and use www.pingtest.net which will report jitter.
    Paste results here.

645646679.png
    2mb connection

5243042.png

Terrible alright, do a trace now like I described above to see where the problem is happening.
    To copy from CMD you have to enable quick-edit in options, then highlight the text and right-click to copy it.

• Advertisement

Terrible alright, do a trace now like I described above to see where the problem is happening.
    To copy from CMD you have to enable quick-edit in options, then highlight the text and right-click to copy it.
    sorry where do i find the options to enable quick-edit? and thanks your the first to try and help

When CMD is open you can right click on it in the taskbar, then click properties. Tick quick-edit mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Airwire: Martin

Of course they are terrible, as there is a network fault in that segment currently, which we can't fix until friday --> http://www.airwire.ie/faq

Until then, everyone in that segment is contended.

Kind regards,
    Martin List-Petersen
    Airwire

Just give them a chance to fix it, he's admitted there's a problem. 12th is only a few days away.

When CMD is open you can right click on it in the taskbar, then click properties. Tick quick-edit mode.
    every time i right click it just goes. this is what it says anyway.
    do not resolve adress to hostnames
    maximum number of hops to search for target.
    loose sourse route along host-list (ipv4-only).
    wait timeout ms for each reply.
    trace round-trip path (ipv6-only).
    source adress to use (ipv6-only)
    force using (ipv6-only)
    force using (ipv4-only)
    not much else on the page

Just have to wait and see then.

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Just give them a chance to fix it, he's admitted there's a problem. 12th is only a few days away.
    ITS BAD MOST OF THE TIME FAULT OR NO FAULT. This thread was started months ago and not by me.:eek:

This thread was started months ago and not by me.:eek:

I'd propose that you read the whole thread again and find, that what has been discussed here are various issues over time, that have no relation to what you are talking about.

This thread was started in September and if you read through the posts, most people have confirmed that their issues got sorted.

There is one specific customer case, that has no relation whatsoever with you (unless you live in the same house).

As it has been pointed out, by various people, you should run the speedtests and pingtests. However there is no point doing that until we can resolve the network fault. Gaming will not work for you until then. As for regular internet services (mail, web etc.), they work.

It has also been pointed out to you, that your results will vary depending on the game you play and where your opponent is and that is nothing that we can do anything about.

So I suggest to sit tight until the weekend. We will announce when the fault is resolved, run the tests then. Post them here or in a new thread, if you wish so and let people come with their comments at that time. After all, that's what the forum is for.

Kind regards,
    Martin List-Petersen
    Airwire

Here is a speed test I have Just done
    647419723.png

and my Ping Test
    5347794.png

The spare parts from Latvia arrived 2 days earlier than anticipated and the link is back online as of about 5pm this afternoon.

Kind regards,
    Martin List-Petersen
    Airwire

• Advertisement

Hows Your connection now VainSitchy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I know its not perfect but ours is a lot improved the last day or two in general, if the speeds were even this decent 24/7 I'd be fine with it, as everything is functional.

648431994.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Up to a very acceptable level now again, thanks Martin.

651366790.png

5607355.png
    Airwire what a JOKE

5607355.png
    Airwire what a JOKE

That doesn't look like bad service, that looks more like something very wrong with Your connection.

You got absolute line of sight to their access point? Is Your reciever even pointing in the right direction? You absolutely sure there's no bittorrent or similar programs running on Your pc in the background? You got a tv sender or wireless camera in the house or on the sheds etc? Have Your neighbours? Have You rang Airwire support?

5607355.png
    Airwire what a JOKE

Did you do a tracert to see where the problem is at

Here is how you can do a trace route from your PC (Windows XP, Vista):
    From the Start menu, select “Run…”
    When the run box comes up, then type in cmd
    When you get the command prompt, enter tracert yourdomain.com
    Hit the “enter” key on your keyboard and wait.
    to copy a tracert right click then select "Mark"
    Click and drag the arrow over the tracert result till it is all white then right click to it.
    It is now copied so you can past it into the post.

1. tracert.png

2. tracert1.png

3. tracert2.png

651784451.png
    nope nothing running in the backround. ya have a clear line of sight. the only thing near the antenna is a satillite dish. i will try that tracecert now

it wont let me copy the tracert dont know why.

it wont let me copy the tracert dont know why[

when you have the tracert in white, right click over it. The white will disappears and then you Just past it where you want

• Advertisement

As I have said in my last post you need to do a trace route to identify the problem.
    when i right click the result nothing comes up and the same when i hilight it and right click nothing happens either

Advertisement