Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airwire

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

Just do a trace and take a screenshot of it then. press Print Scrn to take a screenshot, paste in MS Paint or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

VainSitchy wrote: »
    when i right click the result nothing comes up and the same when i hilight it and right click nothing happens either

Don't right click it, highlight it and click enter while the cursor is over the white highlighted bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 caltra

Noticed that the rep from airwire was not too happy about problems placed here on this forum. Customer satisfaction is very important in any business and if airwire was my business, I'd would rather have people share problems here as well as in my support service department, as people when having problems complain, why wouldn't they if they are not happy with their service. Money is not easy to come by these days and people demand quality for their hard earned euro's!!
    If any of my customers had problems, I would liket to help solve their problems if i could and not put them down as seems to have been done here on this thread. isnt it better to know when customers are unhappy, than to not know what is being said out there.
    Great to see how forum users help each other out on boards.ie... Some customer service training might be an advantage to this particular company for some of it's members. Hope that broadband has improved for those having problems in this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Airwire: Martin

We have no problem with people discussing problems in our network in public or trying to pinpoint problems.

However, individual problems should in general be taken with support and troubleshooted in a professional manner instead of just simply saying "Airwire is a joke".

As for, when we have issues, we're very honest about this and even keep ways, like our twitter feed, to help people track general network issues.

Issues with specific devices like the Xbox etc. are always good to be discussed in forums like this, as we wouldn't have the knowledge about each and every device and service used on the internet.

Me not being happy about the discussion or not doesn't have anything to do with this matter. I just want people to be professional and objective, instead of just shouting because they don't get things their way.

Kind regards,
    Martin List-Petersen
    Airwire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭tinofapples

instead of just shouting because they don't get things their way

I'm not sure who that comment is in reference to but I can't imagine any of Airwire's (Or any companys) customers would like being described in such a manner by a company representative.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure who that comment is in reference to but I can't imagine any of Airwire's (Or any companys) customers would like being described in such a manner by a company representative.

The matter on how you lay that out, is up to yourself. As for specificly that comment, that was as, or even more appropriate, as somebody making the comment "what a joke", which you will find further up. Especially, in a situation, where that somebody didn't bother doing tests or to even consider finding out, why results can be mixed.

All I'm saying is, that we're dealing with everybody within reason and in certain cases, like for example during the extreme flooding and storms a short while ago, things don't always look pretty. In general, we have a better track record in preventing failures than a lot of our competition, even though we always try to improve also on that.

We can however not support each and every service, that exists on the internet as the internet landscape changes constantly. So what we support is internet connectivity, within the parameters that we describe on our website. Anything from there is best effort support, which still means, that we do our best to deliver a high quality service.

The only thing, that a customer has to understand, is that they need to work with us, if there are problems, otherwise it's impossible to solve these issues. If they don't do that and just start complaining, then there is very little we can do.

Just my 2c.

Kind regards,
    Martin List-Petersen
    Airwire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Was gonna reply but I'm too tired........ I'm off to the cot.

Thanks again for sorting out the recent issues, I came from using the O2 3G Modem with Edge speeds so I'm delighted with Airwire 99.9% of the time.

655973854.png

Goodnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Some people just rant here, without ever ringing customer services to let them know there's a problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 VainSitchy

phoned airwire support tuesday still no call back but exspected that anyway. My broadband works well about 30% of the time as i recently lost my job due to recession in building trade i dont have money to throw around thats why i first wrote on this thread to see could i get it sorted and as i have no job hopefully not for long i use the internet alot more. It's a waste of time writeing on this thread but thanks to anyone who tryed to help me out.

If the girls raised a callback with an engineer, you'd usually get a callback within 1-2 hours, not much more. If you didn't get a callback, it's most likely because we couldn't get hold of you. In general, we'd leave a voicemail if possible, to tell that we did call back.

As for your issues as you describe them here, it would anyway be the best to email support@airwire.ie with the speedtest and pingtest results describing your setup. It's the first thing support will ask you for.

Kind regards,
    Martin List-Petersen
    Airwire

• Advertisement

659026746.png
    poor speeds again martin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

0.66 mbit down and 1.4 mbit up ?

You must be having downloads running while doing the test, otherwise you couldn't come up with results like that on a symmetric service.

Make sure windows updates, anti-virus updates etc. all not are running or finish them before doing the test.

Also, as I've stated before, you need to take this with support@airwire.ie. I do not know who you are, so wouldn't be able to look up your specific connection.

Kind regards,
    Martin List-Petersen
    Airwire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

659026746.png
    poor speeds again martin

Why are you using the Sligo server to do you speedtest and not the Galway one

659986439.png
    very happy with speeds today:D first day in ages. Im praying its gonna stay at this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

Whats xbox live like on airwire (for fun)?
    and more importantly ssh connections (for work)?

im currently on UPC here in Galway
    i will be moving out country so airwire seems like a good choice now, can get eircom adsl i think, but that would involving them connecting (new) house

theres a line of sight to a tower on opposite hill 2KM away so i think it should be ok, i spoke on phone and the lady said its available in area

i most likely be going for the business connection (to write of cost against company expenses) since i mostly work all time :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Wcool

I am on Airwire and am very happy. Don't have an Xbox but my ping times are low (max 25 ms anywhere in Ireland). But I do use VPN quite a lot for work and never have a problem. And yes, upload is as fast as download.

Speeds are almost always maximum that I can get and I use VOIP (Blueface) and even that is normally perfect, even with a lot of other stuff running.
    Considering there is no cap, I really can not be happier.

not good for xbox live your pretty much wasting your time trying to use it for that you need about 7mb to play with comfort you can play with 2mb but its pretty s*1t not airwires fault they just dont have speeds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

not good for xbox live your pretty much wasting your time trying to use it for that you need about 7mb to play with comfort you can play with 2mb but its pretty s*1t not airwires fault they just dont have speeds
    Nonsence, its latency and jitter that determines the comfort level of playing games online and not speed. A 2Mb connection with low pings and jitter would work just fine.

Yes, even speeds of 128k/128k would be sufficient as long as you have good latency and jitter. You could have 7megs with bad latency and jitter making it impossible to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

so whats latency/jitter like on airwire?

can anyone post any pingtest results?

• Advertisement

Nonsence, its latency and jitter that determines the comfort level of playing games online and not speed. A 2Mb connection with low pings and jitter would work just fine.
    you should try my connection!!!!!!!!!! 2mb with low ping= xbox live poor.
    is there any way to lower jitter

Well just make sure there is nothing else running on your connection at the same time, after that the performance of the connection is up to Airwire.
    Pingtest.net - post your results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Wcool

This is with an iTunes artwork update running actually:

7797963.png

I will post another one around 7 pm as well

Theres a problem with airwire in my area at the moment because of the weather which is fair enough i will post a ping test when its fixed but off the top of my head i think it dose be around 40 ping and the same for jitter i take it thats bad for gaming??? Is there any way that it could be lowered by airwire or is that my connection and thats it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

you should try my connection!!!!!!!!!! 2mb with low ping= xbox live poor.
    is there any way to lower jitter

Have you got your own Public ip? Jitter of around 40 is not so good, you want is lower.

Every Airwire customers has a dedicated public IP, residential customers are dynamic though and by default nat'ed on the CPE.

As for jitter, how low or high your jitter is depends on how good your connection to our next basestation is. There isn't anything we can do in that case.

Kind regards,
    Martin List-Petersen
    Airwire

ahhhhhhhhhhhh not what i wanted to hear thats me stuck playing laggy xbox live so

is there any way at all to lower jitter and ping like any gadgets or equipment that would help the it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Private Joker

7845078.png

682447311.png

Any news on when the network will be back to normal Martin?
    I'm near corofin.

• Advertisement

is there any way at all to lower jitter and ping like any gadgets or equipment that would help the it??
    Depends on the connection quality to the AP, up to Airwire to manage it.

Advertisement