Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airwire

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Wcool

As promised, here is a speed and ping test from this evening. For some reason better than yesterdays night:

7849358.png

682498676.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

Nice, wish I had symmetrical speeds :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 VainSitchy

7895747.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Z4K

Hi there,
    I'm with airwire on a 2mb connection. The first few months were fantastic no problems or speed issues at all. I mainly use my internet on online gaming such as Call Of Duty. Online Gaming was a breeze before, no problems at all. Recently my connection has slowed down a LOT. I do speed tests quite often but rarely the speeds even reach 1megabite. In the past they would be like 1.50 or higher constantly but after the floods we recieved email about some damadge done to a basestaion. It was Grand when they had fixed it for about 2 weeks, now its super slow. Takes me nearly 15 minutes to stream a youtube video. Online Gaming is nearly impossible now. Speeds Fluctuate often, for example i do a speed test get the same result like .89 mb/s then i get the odd one that goes 1.20 mb/s. When i try it again its back down to .75,.80 mb/s. It's Extremely frustrating. I have tried everything i have reset my router, tried speed tests on all computers in the house. When i do speed tests i make sure nobody is using the net.
    We live in burnthouse/knockferry. Ping Skyrockets sometimes i even get 500+ ping
    705765320.png
    did this on my computer which is connected by an ethernet cable to the router

Any help would be appreciated.
    Oh, My Playstation 3 is directly connected to our router aswell, we have never changed our router since we signed up with airwire. My ps3 can do speed tests aswell usually theyre like .50 mb/s or even lower

9650893.png
    Grade F Internet quality

• Advertisement

9651136.png
    This is the galway server. not much difference though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

Z4K wrote: »
    9651136.png
    This is the galway server. not much difference though

Have you contacted Airwire directly about the problem?

Not yet. Are you with them Paddy? It was great up until recent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Usually the first thing You should do is read the troubleshooting tips on their website and then contact them, not bitch about them here. Could be any number of things, including Your own setup, even the programs You got installed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

No im not with them, but it would seem the thing to do by contacting them if you have problems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 VainSitchy

Z4K could you host games on cod ok before your connection screwed up?? Did you ever try fifa or pes on that connection??

VainSitchy wrote: »
    Z4K could you host games on cod ok before your connection screwed up?? Did you ever try fifa or pes on that connection??

Err i could never host a game on cod BUT I was able to play perfect. I always had a green connection. Very rarely i'd get a yellow or red connection. Now though i can barely get into a game. My bro plays Fifa he said its alright but in Fifa games theres a natural lag. Don't know why though:confused:

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Usually the first thing You should do is read the troubleshooting

No troubleshooting just FAQ's. How am i bitching about them anyway?? I was looking for help. Let's not jump to conclusions here ok. First things First you don't know my situation fully so don't comment or bitch bout it yeah.:mad:

You're asking Us what the problem is, why not ask them?

I work for a different wireless Isp, I took 2 toolbars and limewire off a customers computer today and her connection problems disappeared. This happens several times a week and 90% of the bad service complaints end up being either this or hardware needing a simple reboot, both of which are in the troubleshooting on the website. Ring them, they can login to Your receiver and check Your signal and deal with it from there, its much harder to diagnose here, we can't see the signal. They can check Your connection to see if there's any other traffic You don't know about, when You think Your pc is doing nothing.

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Your pc is doing nothing.

Well i have a mac(one of the safest computers in the world mined you)
    I have no dangerous programmes on my computer except for frostwire: haven't used in ages. All devices i do a speed test on give me a similar reading. I have a mac laptop aswell which has no applications except the standard ones. I do browse the net on my ipod touch though much and download cracked apps. Dunno if they can affect our connection. Thanks for advice

Frostwire is identical to limewire, does the exact same thing, its a p2p utility. Even though You're not using it at the moment, it could still be uploading silently in the background. Not saying this is Your problem.

Why not contact them? They know more about Your connection than anyone here

I will Contact them tomorrow. what if my comp is switched off, would i still suffer from p2p downloading

I will Contact them tomorrow. what if my comp is switched off, would i still suffer from p2p downloading

No, its just that most people don't realise how they work when they install them. If You fill Your upload with many connections You can't even browse. Lots of parents are unaware that their children have installed these programs.

This probably has nothing to do with Your problem, but I do come upon an awful lot of it, best off asking them to have a look. You should have rang the other day, You'll not get anyone now till monday

a sure theres always e-mail

707174831.png

9744817.png

just for the record

a sure theres always e-mail

Its the weekend, they'll ignore them till mon :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭mndgz

thinking of joining Airwire to get away from lovely hutchinsons service

707686495.png

was wondering whats the contention / speeds like around Craughwell, has anyone any feedback?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Pretty good download at the minute:

707837971.png

is the airwire fella available to chat I wonder..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

Here is my results

711479500.png

10043303.png

rang the crowd on saturday, was told it will take up to 3 weeks to get connected which I find a bit excessive...anyone else connected recently? Wondering how long it took

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Airwire: Martin

mndgz wrote: »
    rang the crowd on saturday, was told it will take up to 3 weeks to get connected which I find a bit excessive...anyone else connected recently? Wondering how long it took

We are realistic about the installation timeframe we quote and don't want to give people the wrong idea. How would you like to be told tomorrow and then stlll have to wait 2-3 weeks ?

The 3 weeks quoted are a maximum and the reason for the long installation time is that we're buried with new signups at the moment.

We will install people in general as fast as we can.

Kind regards,
    Martin List-Petersen
    Airwire

We are realistic about the installation timeframe we quote and don't want to give people the wrong idea. How would you like to be told tomorrow and then stlll have to wait 2-3 weeks ?

The 3 weeks quoted are a maximum and the reason for the long installation time is that we're buried with new signups at the moment.

We will install people in general as fast as we can.

Kind regards,
    Martin List-Petersen
    Airwire

well then would you be able to tell me where exactly I am queue-wise?

well then would you be able to tell me where exactly I am queue-wise?

No, I wouldn't be able to. I have very little (as in nothing :) ) to do with installations. Once you place your order, it's with the installers and they arrange their installation based on area.

The 3 weeks figure is based on the amount of installations we get done in a day and the amount of installations in the queue.

As I said, we're very realistic about our installation timeframe. I can nearly guarantee, it'll be less than 3 weeks, but how much I can't tell you. You'll just have to be patient.

Kind regards,
    Martin List-Petersen
    Airwire

No, I wouldn't be able to. I have very little (as in nothing :) ) to do with installations. Once you place your order, it's with the installers and they arrange their installation based on area.

The 3 weeks figure is based on the amount of installations we get done in a day and the amount of installations in the queue.

As I said, we're very realistic about our installation timeframe. I can nearly guarantee, it'll be less than 3 weeks, but how much I can't tell you. You'll just have to be patient.

Kind regards,
    Martin List-Petersen
    Airwire

fair enough. Would you know whats the contention ratio for Craughwell node then?

• Advertisement

fair enough. Would you know whats the contention ratio for Craughwell node then?

There is no node in Craughwell, so it could be any of 5 accesspoints and our maximum contention ratio is clearly specified on the website. It depends on what package you choose.

I'm not sure, what you're looking for, but if you want an uncontended product, we can deliver that, too. It just cost quite a lot more.

Kind regards,
    Martin List-Petersen
    Airwire

Advertisement