Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airwire

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Back of the queue for the ignorant customer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭installer

bit of a damning attack on airwire i must say, if your that disgruntled with their service, cancel, and as for waiting til your reimbursed for the time it didnt work, just cut your losses, move on, you might end up paying more in ongoing monthly subs than you will get back.... switch providers but if you do i wouldnt let on who you are from here as they might not want you as a customer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

i just finished reading through this thread and i was surprised it hadnt been closed already, i think Martin showed an extremely calm and professional attitude towards a poster who had been extremely abusive, and the Mods of the forum showed a great deal of tolerance too to let the poster go on like he did. i think the poster has done himself no favours, he said they didnt call him back- yet he admitted he DID miss a call from their support team. if i was the MD of his broadband provider i would have no hesitation in cutting him off my network, i think this is what Martin was alluding to, and i can honestly say that after reading through this thread, there wouldnt be that many that would blame him!

the disgruntled poster did only himself no favours, there are procedures in place such as the SCC if a person is unsatisfied with a service provider. lots of people come on boards here with complaints about services they received, but i've never seen anything so abusive or so reeking with tones of self importance as brett whoever.

if a person wants such a personalised service thinking that any company can dedicate that amount of time to them, then they should consider setting up their own ISP funded by themselves and maintained by themselves.

/me goes off to print out my mickey mouse Bachelors Degree IT Cert... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Personally I think the Airwire person should be dealing with queries directly with ths customer not through b**ching on this forum.

Customers complain all the time, it's something business has to put up with. If the complaint is legit, the business should resolve it. If not politely tell the customer we cannot do anymore for you and perhaps offer to remove the service.

I had to call Airwire this week regarding something I needed help with, now this was totally my own doing and I was just seeking some help. I was told a technician would call me back and asked how long I could expect for said phone call as I had things to do, she said 2 hrs. I waited almost 4 hrs before going about my business and no call, and still no call.

Now I resolved the issue in the meatime but not with any help from Airwire. I'm sorry if they take offence from this post but it's the truth.

Just my 2 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

you dont like the service, then cancel - simple.

• Advertisement

35notout wrote: »
    you dont like the service, then cancel - simple.

Sometimes it ain't that simple. Competition is great but I suspect the posters obtions are limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

Sometimes it ain't that simple. Competition is great but I suspect the posters obtions are limited.

nope, he said himself he could get Eircom

35notout wrote: »
    nope, he said himself he could get Eircom

Apologies, if that's the case I cannot understand why he doesn't just change provider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

yeah but thats not the point its still wireless and will have problems for some users not all. connection cannot be guarenteed over wireless thats why DSL is there for:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Airwire: Martin

jay93 wrote: »
    yeah but thats not the point its still wireless and will have problems for some users not all. connection cannot be guarenteed over wireless thats why DSL is there for:D:D

You are actually quite wrong there. DSL can have similar problems, for example high interleave and high contention are giving you worse issues.

Most of the rural Eircom exchanges are on wireless backhaul (licensed microwave).

So technically, you are quite wrong.

It depends on the kind of gear that is used, the signal quality and the distance from the base/exchange, how usable a broadband connection is for gaming. If you're on the border-line, then it can work at time and not at other times. This applies equally to dsl and wireless, it has nothing to do with the technology.

Just read through the forums here and see how many people have problems with gaming on dsl.

Kind regards,
    Martin List-Petersen
    Airwire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

You are actually quite wrong there. DSL can have similar problems, for example high interleave and high contention are giving you worse issues.

Most of the rural Eircom exchanges are on wireless backhaul (licensed microwave).

So technically, you are quite wrong.

It depends on the kind of gear that is used, the signal quality and the distance from the base/exchange, how usable a broadband connection is for gaming. If you're on the border-line, then it can work at time and not at other times. This applies equally to dsl and wireless, it has nothing to do with the technology.

Just read through the forums here and see how many people have problems with gaming on dsl.

Kind regards,
    Martin List-Petersen
    Airwire

im not aware of how bad eircoms exchanges are in the west so maybe i could be wrong there where i live north east contention has never hit my BB when with eircom always solid 3mb. thats what i mean by some wireless users that cannot use gaming beacuse of a bad signal something blocking signal etc .if eircom wer not a bunch of twats then the whole country should have solid DSL with little problems we are falling to far behind with broadband its sad to be honest that other countrys can provide 100mb internet for the same price as a 3mb irish connection just to say we are all been ripped off :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭jakedixon2004

Hello all. I was just wondering if it was just me or has everyone noticed a sharp drop in performance between the hours of 15:00 and 17:00. From 08:00 to 15:00 is like the perfect connection, but after that there are allot of connection drops and huge pings/latency. Just wondering if it is just me or if this is affecting a large section of airwire's client base

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭gimmebroadband

I am not happy at all with Airwire service. It's been more down than up and I have been in constant contact with support with almost daily speed and ping test and still no go. It' okay in the early part of the day, but evening/night is a total nightmare, even to the point of not being able to load up a page. Last nights speed and ping tests, nothing running in the background either. Note the packet loss! :(

21355699.png

898745892.png

If you think the service is bad ........ wait till you experience "customer support" :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

If you think the service is bad ........ wait till you experience "customer support" :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I already have.......!

I had 02 3G and it was far better, I went from the frying pan into the fire. Come Tuesday I'm looking at 3 to see if their service is any better! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,908 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I am not happy at all with Airwire service. It's been more down than up and I have been in constant contact with support with almost daily speed and ping test and still no go. It' okay in the early part of the day, but evening/night is a total nightmare, even to the point of not being able to load up a page. Last nights speed and ping tests, nothing running in the background either. Note the packet loss! :(

21355699.png

898745892.png

i dont feel so bad now after seeing this

899340610.png
    21386869.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

You have already posted in another thread about this why do it again

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055985873

Falconire wrote: »

:rolleyes:
    does it matter if i post in two threads?
    are you working for airwire or what?

im looking to see if others are experiencing the same problems
    so ill post wherever i chose and i initially didnt post here as
    i didnt want to resurrect an old thread

899357028.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

899359780.png

21386839.png

• Advertisement

899359780.png

21386839.png

:rolleyes:
    we all know at this stage you don't have any issues so why post
    here again?
    im looking for help or advice from people who have issues
    with the service

A side by side screen cap the first week I got Airwire, and my old ISP, you can see why I regret changing!

sideside.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

Do some trace routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 123skb

Mine is the same. It's like there is not enough bandwith to go around at peak times. And I have given up with support as after 6 months of sending speed tests they have done nothing. Also I have noticed that my upload and download are shared. IE: if I am uploading at 1 meg my download speed will half.

The only downside on my original ISP (02) was the download cap of 15G, otherwise I would never have changed over. I'm giving 3 Mobile a go as they have a dl cap of 30G. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

Trace routes? Maybe we can find out what the problem is here, could be interference.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

tracert www.boards.ie

Tracing route to loadbalancer.boards.ie [89.234.66.107]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 02.airwire.ie [192.168.254.199]
    2 2 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.254.254
    3 16 ms 4 ms 2 ms ptr-71-63.gal.ip.airwire.ie [91.189.71.63]
    4 4 ms 3 ms 2 ms rr2.mcl.gal.core.airwire.ie [91.189.66.77]
    5 57 ms 10 ms 7 ms qp1.mve.gal.core.airwire.ie [195.222.111.251]
    6 24 ms 20 ms 14 ms qp2.mve.gal.core.airwire.ie [195.222.111.254]
    7 17 ms 25 ms 18 ms to-inex-dub-deg-gw.digiweb.ie [193.242.111.20]
    8 45 ms 22 ms 26 ms ip-89-234-66-107.dedi.digiweb.ie [89.234.66.107]

Trace complete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

Fact is, that a lot of people on our network are gaming, so it shouldn't be an issue.
    Fact is, alot of people might be gaming on your network, but dont automatically assume they are getting a good connection, 90% of people i talk to with airwire find it unplayable at the best of times.

I'm not a gamer, and I find it impossible at times to get a decent connection. I'm a 3D artist and I also sell resources to other 3D artists and I need a reliable internet to do so. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭installer

I'm not a gamer, and I find it impossible at times to get a decent connection. I'm a 3D artist and I also sell resources to other 3D artists and I need a reliable internet to do so. :(

depending on where you live, you could try lighthouse networks, think they cover most of the county and from what i hear are a very good provider.

Advertisement