Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

writing a book (autobiography)

Options
  • 08-09-2009 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I have been aske to help someone write their autobiography. The third party is quite competent and literate generally, and has a good idea what they would like to write about etc. I was just wondering, is there any short "how to" guides that would help form a mental picture or map, or provide some general direction in how one would go about writing something which is both factual and interesting.

I do not know if this is the correct forum, but I thought it as good a place as any where to start.

Many thanks,

Matt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Perhaps you could try the 'Creative Writing' forum. A lot of people go there for similar type advice. It covers autobiographies from what I've seen. Tis under 'Arts' category :)

Advertisement