Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Curling Products

• 08-09-2009 9:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

Right, I was at the very end of the queue when hair was being handed out. They didn't have enough left of one texture so they gave me the scraps of everything. Straight, curls, frizz, fuzz...general mess!!

I normally blow dry it as straight as I can and then the GHD comes out. The odd time I like to curl it up but unfortunately if I let my hair dry naturally, whil a lot of it does curl, I also get a thick layer of frizz. To combat this, I use extra strong hold moose which does the trick but the curls are like hard straw.

Does anybody know any good products that are strong enough to keep the curls from falling lank and frizzy but actually lets your hair move a bit...or am I asking the impossible?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I have similar hair.

In my experience letting your hair dry naturally is what makes your curls fall lank and frizzy. The weight of the wet hair pulls the roots down and means that the curls wont form properly - the wet hair is too heavy so they turn out lank. Also, if your curls are crunchy or hard, you're using too much mousse.

For best results I find you HAVE to blow dry curly hair - well, my type anyway. This means the curls are given a chance to form without being weighed down. However, I must use a diffusor and low heat to avoid creating frizz.

I would also have to use mousse to combat the frizz. Basically, you need to experiment to find how much mousse you need - to find the balance between too lank and too crunchy. I find though that once blow drying hair I need less mousse. If I was to let my hair dry naturally I would need a tonne of mousse.

Believe me, I feel your pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jenniwenni

I heard about this method on Oprah one day, so I googled it and I found this website: www.britishcurlies.co.uk

It has changed my life this site! (exaggeration maybe, but it has certainly made my hair gorgeous!)

I don't use shampoo anymore

I conditioner 'wash' only, then condition as normal, then smooth in a bit of conditioner to leave in (fructis repair and shine) comb this through with a wide tooth comb.

I put Boots curl creme in when my hair is soaking wet, scrunch it well in.

I plop my hair into a turban towel or big old t shirt and leave for about 1/2 hour

I then scrunch in a bit of boots purple gel then blow dry upside down with a diffuser very slowly.

Try this for a few weeks, but it does sound like your hair is pretty badly damaged.

I haven't used anything with silicone in it for a couple of weeks now, and it has made all the difference to my hair.

I just need to find someone who will give it a good cut!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭masherella88

i think that umberto giannini flirty curls scrunching jelly is great...only ever seen it in boots but i think it does a fantastic job on minimising frizz and lifting curls. it doesn't make your hair sticky or crunchy as some products can do and hair moves really naturally-i'd defo recommend it :)

http://cgi.ebay.com.my/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270281007737

does anyone else find that when it comes to curly hair hairdressers don't really know what to do with it? and they always want to straighten it at the end!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Yenwod

Believe me, I feel your pain!
    :D I'm glad somebody does!!

Thank you for all your answers. Definitely going to tru out some of those products and experiment and see what happens. As long as I don't get that look of "dragged through a bush backwards after being electrocuted" I'll be happy enough!!

Advertisement