Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for dog training pads

Options
  • 08-09-2009 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

hi, im looking for dog training pads, cos we moved to a new place, a few months back and we have no garden, just a small baloncy, and i have been trying to training my dog to go to the toilet out there, she use to go out in the garden back in the other place, i heard of thses pads for dog for toilet training, are good can some where help,
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Most petshops sell them - I see you're in offaly, I don't personally know petshops there, but I'd assume you can get them in a local petshop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Like Star-pants said, they're available in most pet shops.

Just a word of advice- they're a training tool to get your dog used to going in one spot. If you put one on out on the balcony, he won't automatically know to go on the pad so they're probably not a huge help for your scenario.

If you are going down that route, try on of those sprays that contain ammonia to encourage your dog to go in particular areas. The one I've used is called Train-Um and I got it in a local pet shop. It might help you in encouraging the dog to go on the pad, on the balcony.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Wackers petshop in Parnell St sell them...prop no use to you if your in offaly though:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭littlelady

you can get them in Argos too, 30 for about €16

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

save your money and use a folded newspaper it will do the same thing:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Agree, I wasted a lot of money on the training pad tray that holds the pads and the pads. Ok he's used it a couple of times but only put them down a week ago (have him a good while now) because he was going in the house eventhough we constantly were bringing him out so I figured better he pees on that than the floor.

Saying that he'll let me know if he wants a wee but you can't glue your eyes to them 24/7

Since you have just a balcony perhaps training pads are an option for you because over time the balcony could honk a bit even with regular washing in a small space.

Atlantic homecare do them and the pads also some vets and argos is the best value I found. Although if you have a Maxi Zoo near by they do them and the trays for about a tenner less.

Our pup just ripped up the pads at first now he just sits on the tray don't know why I have it on the floor really.

A mop and bucket are your only friend I've been through a few cleaners but pups pee so often at first that the floor will always have a wet patch where you've washed and the pup will end up walking on it.

So in a bucket of water I put a good squirt of washing up liquid, a good dash of vinegar and a few drops of tea tree oil. Works well and it's not as harmful on his feet if her walks in it before it dries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Actually one thing I found good about puppy pads was that they protected the floor, i put newspapers on top of the pads, but meant the wee didn't stain the floor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 petangels

You can buy them in Muttugly.. charlemont street

You could buy pampers bed sheets - they're probably cheaper and you can get them in tesco. I used to get the puppy pads in tesco too.

Advertisement