Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What good PC games came out over the summer ?

Options
  • 08-09-2009 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

I was away for 3 months (June-August) so have missed all the releases. Anything worth picking up ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

to be honest i didnt think it was a great summer , i got arma 2 and didnt think much of it. iv been catching up on games i missed last year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

There was sweet **** all being honest,there was anno 1404,good game,arma 2,I could'nt get into and 2 expansions for fallout 3,thats all I can think of really.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,298 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

HAWX was kinda fun, but not worth the asking price.

Section 8 is too early to call

the revamp of Wolfenstein

Tales of Monkey Island and the revamped original

Oh here browse yerself :pac:

http://www.gamespot.com/newthisweek.html?date=20090816&type=new_this_week&platform=5&mode=top&sort=rdate&dlx_type=all&sortdir=asc&official=all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

fallout 3 addons passed a few hours alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Despite all the criticism of being a COD clone (which it is), Wolfenstien isn't all that bad, I've played an hour of it and I'll definitely get round to it sometime and have left it installed.

Arma 2 has taken up all my summer, been playing it flat out since it came out. If its on pc You want to play give the demo a go. Word of warning, performance of the demo is like the unpatched version, but You'll get the general idea.

How come nobody has mentioned Batman Arkham Asylum? I've not tried it but I'm planning to, looks fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I think the PC game secene is really dieing off. I just noticed the latest patch for xfire has support for about 12 new games rathern that the uasual 20 or 25.

I think the MMO had a lot to do with the death of the PC game industry.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Nothing has caused the death of the pc game industry....CAUSE ITS NOT DEAD!!

Sorry, just seeing some people say this kind of thing too often lately. You think i'd be used to it, seeing as people have been saying it....FOR 10 YEARS!!

Sorry, i get carried away sometimes :P

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Street Fighter 4 rocks.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I think the PC game secene is really dieing off. I just noticed the latest patch for xfire has support for about 12 new games rathern that the uasual 20 or 25.

The summer is always **** for games. The next couple of months will see some seriously good releases. PC Gaming is pretty much thriving.
    Azza wrote: »
    Street Fighter 4 rocks.

No it doesn't. Now go to your room or I will incapacitate you with a 25 damage pounce.

Maximilian wrote: »
    The summer is always **** for games. The next couple of months will see some seriously good releases. PC Gaming is pretty much thriving.
    Bring on Dragon Age: Origins i say.

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Kiith wrote: »
    Bring on Dragon Age: Origins i say.

Funny that has disappeared completely off my radar. I must read up on some news about it. Mass Effect 2 looks great as well.

The two upcoming games that spring to mind for me are firstly, L4D2 - I just cannot wait for it. Secondly OpFlashpoint 2. It will probably be a watered down Arma but I'm still hopeful it will be a great game in its own right.

While i'm looking forward to L4D2 and some others, Dragons Age is where its really at for me. I've been following it for years now, and the idea of a proper spiritual successor to Baldurs Gate sounds fantastic. There was an article about some of the choices you have to make in the game, and they really effect the way the game plays out. It had some mild spoilers, but still, it was worth reading and really peaked my interest.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Max you fool go back to precious L4D before I 2x j.mp into ultra booster for 500 points of damage.

I don't even know what that means.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Arma 2 and Street fighter 4.

Advertisement