Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Tricking out" a Mossberg.

Options
  • 08-09-2009 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

I have a standard Mossberg 500 12 gauge pump action shotgun.
    The forend and stock are getting a bit worn and I am considering replacing them.
    One of the options being considered are synthetic and more specific a forend with integrated pistol grip & and extendable synthetic buttstock.
    However before I order all of this can anyone here tell me with some authority if these add-ons are allowed?
    Permitting off course that I stay over the legal lenght..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Mac Tire

i have one too.....just working at it now.....you can get syn stocks that match the orginial in size and shape, so you have no worries with them being '' more dangerous'' but you can also get the more 'interesting stuff' which is much contentous....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

You mean something like this!

15996845.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

@Mac Tire: Just wondering if there will be a risk of an uniformed person coming knocking at my door if I order these..

@deeksofdoom: Kinda but a bit less flashy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Mac Tire

mayhem# wrote: »
    @Mac Tire: Just wondering if there will be a risk of an uniformed person coming knocking at my door if I order these..

@deeksofdoom: Kinda but a bit less flashy..

those rear stocks aren't great,they are a female dog on recoil, this would be the road i'd go down..take some of the kick out of it...:rolleyes:
    http://www.blackhawk.com/product/SpecOps-Adjustable-Shotgun-Hunting-Stock,1268,165.htm
    ..i'm just playing with spray cans with mine so far ;) it's stripped to the bare bones at the minute...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Well if it is restricted on the liscense.Why the heck not??:D
    Word from the wise[guy]:).Make sure the pistol grip model you get is NOT a thin "AR15"style yoke.You WILL regret it!Simply put,the 12GA cartridge,was never designed to be fired in somthing that didnt have a buttstock attached to it to swallow the recoil.So where do you think that recoil will go if you are using a pistol gripped folder?Thats right into your wrists. The yoke in the above post looks like it would be chunky enough to absorb the recoil.But then seeing it in the flesh could be a different story.
    Ditto for the front grip,forget the "broom stick" type thing on a pictanny rail.Again too thin and uncomfortable .They are designed for AR15 style guns with a lot less recoil and pictanny rails aplenty.Where they do work very well.Best one I've ever used,and is still hopefully on my 12 GA in AZ is made by adventurers outpost.It looks like the old pistol grip of the Gangster era 1920s Thompson SMG.It absorbs recoil incredibly well,looks good,and I do belive helps you work the pump faster.

Ordering the stuff,well if it is correct paperwork that you put in for a restricted ,the only person you should be worried about showing in uniform is the postman.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement

@Grizzly 45 No worries, am not looking for something flimsy. What I do want is a full lenght buttstock but with a more extended buttstock.
    As for the forend i'm thinking of a tacstar one which is very much like the foregrip seen on the old stylee Thompson 45 smg.

TS1081151.jpg

E.

Thats the one mayhem!!:D You wont regret that on the forend.There is one made by Choate called the "FAL style" straight stock with the dreaded prominent pistol grip:rolleyes:
    If you are a large bloke,there is just so many recoil pads you can bolt onto a conventional wooden stock,without going to a custom handmade buttstock.The FAL,once you get used to the stock config is a fine and cheap alternative.:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

@Grizzly 45 This one:

MARK5_PISTOL_GRIP_STOCK.jpg

You da Man!:D;)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 beenthere

New user here, I ordered a Tactical stock as there are known by 10 days ago from the USA, And got a mail confirming it was sent ,plus, it should take 1-4 weeks to arrive, Will post if and when it arrives, And what uniform came to the door with it:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 beenthere

beenthere wrote: »
    New user here, I ordered a Tactical stock as there are known by 10 days ago from the USA, And got a mail confirming it was sent ,plus, it should take 1-4 weeks to arrive, Will post if and when it arrives, And what uniform came to the door with it:)

Yep, That item arrived yesterday with the postman and no problems.

beenthere wrote: »

What did you get (pic?) and where from?

Advertisement