Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ferrari & Santander announcement in Monza

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Alonso to Ferrari next year then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Yep, I reckon that's definitely going to be the big announcement made this weekend, the confirmation of the worst kept secret in F1 of the last 12 months, that a certain Spaniard will be racing in a red car next year...... and, no, I'm not talking about Pedro de la Rosa or Marc Gene! ;):D

Sure we've all known Santander were switching from McLaren to Ferrari since sometime last year, I can't understand why they are "confirming" it tomorrow, that deal was signed ages ago, wasn't it? So this press conference tomorrow has got to be more about Alonso joining the team than anything else. Besides, Ferrari traditionally makes it's big announcements about drivers and the like during the Monza race weekend so I think we all know what's coming tomorrow or over the next few days anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

it does leave them with a spare driver though... hope kimi won't do a mika and retire a bit early take a break from f1

not a huge fan of kimi but want him in f1

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Solberg2005

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Raikonnen to Abarth for WRC so :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Looking good for the Fernando fans Hoping for the Ferrari move.

Very political answer. Waiting for the big announcement over the weekend?
    Q: Santander will be a major Ferrari sponsor for next year. Does this imply anything for your personal future?
    FA:
    There was a press conference today on this very topic. So please, forward this question to them

http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2009/9/9893.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

I'd say he was referring to this statement, made yesterday, by di Montezemolo.
    And although speculation persists that Alonso will switch to Ferrari next year, di Montezemolo made a point of emphasising on Wednesday that sponsors never influenced the team’s driver decisions.

“I’ll be back here [Monza] tomorrow to talk about a new partnership, but that doesn’t mean anything in terms of choices for the near future,” the Ferrari president said.

“I want to say it again, that the drivers are chosen by Ferrari and not by the sponsors."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭hi_sir

dcr22B wrote: »
    Raikonnen to Abarth for WRC so :D

wouldnt they in the IRC love to get him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭manta356

hi_sir wrote: »
    wouldnt they in the IRC love to get him

Yeah theyre crying out for loud outspoken drivers like him alright :p:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭hi_sir

isnt it a credit to spanish companys the way they back their motorsport people let it be rallying, F1, bikes its a pity it doesent happen in other countries

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

hi_sir wrote: »
    isnt it a credit to spanish companys the way they back their motorsport people let it be rallying, F1, bikes its a pity it doesent happen in other countries

F1 was barely followed until Alonso came along, it was all about bikes. The spaniards are a lot freer and easier with money than us anyway, look at the debts Real Madrid had written off by a newly elected mayor. I don't think it's a positive thing myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭rugalo

just read directly from mclaren. "santander extends partnership with the mclarenf1 team" :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

rugalo wrote: »
    just read directly from mclaren. "santander extends partnership with the mclarenf1 team" :P

They must be signing Alonso so. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

rugalo wrote: »

weird... so they're sponsoring both teams :confused:
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78640

Advertisement